Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a younger sibling born a couple of weeks before Christmas so we started putting the tree up around their birthday and Ive stuck to that.
I'd take mine down on Boxing Day if I could get away with it! Definitely by New Years Eve when I do a big clean.

Reactions: 4
I'm having my fabric sofas cleaned today and I just know it's going to make such a difference! Much better than melted ice lolly and the wet dog smell. The dog isn't even allowed on the bloody sofas but doesn't stop her.
There's supposed to be a full no eating rule on the kitchen sofa which is going to be enforced fully after this!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes, mines being delivered today! I just got the winter and pomegranate candles and diffuser oils. What did you pick up?
Oh that’s quick I haven’t even been notified of dispatch yet. I got a few black lanterns that I’ve been desperate to buy since I moved into my house but refused to pay full price for, the winter candles and then just some family Christmas presents. Always worth holding out for the 20% when you see the discount come off at the end!

I usually put my tree up last weekend of November but for some reason it feels a bit early this year and I haven’t even picked one out yet.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone decorated for Christmas yet?
No I moved countries in the summer so have to buy everything from scratch but as we’re on holiday at Christmas my husband is saying no. We don’t even go until the 23rd 😩😩

we have new sofas being delivered next week so may get some wee bits once the living room is done.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
No I moved countries in the summer so have to buy everything from scratch but as we’re on holiday at Christmas my husband is saying no. We don’t even go until the 23rd 😩😩

we have new sofas being delivered next week so may get some wee bits once the living room is done.
We go 26th this year but I’ve been away on 23rd before and still put a tree up I like to enjoy it in the lead up to Christmas watching Christmas films and scoffing mince pies. It’s a ball ache to come back to though that’s the only thing.

We go 26th this year but I’ve been away on 23rd before and still put a tree up I like to enjoy it in the lead up to Christmas watching Christmas films and scoffing mince pies. It’s a ball ache to come back to though that’s the only thing.
Yeah we’re away until into January I can’t be dealing with it when I’m back and I’ve appointments the whole week upto going too. I’ve seen a mini real one in marks with little Pom poms I might just get that and I’ve also got a large poinsettia so that’s enough.
I need no excuse to eat mince pies 😂. I got some frangipane ones in Waitrose today can’t wait to taste them!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah we’re away until into January I can’t be dealing with it when I’m back and I’ve appointments the whole week upto going too. I’ve seen a mini real one in marks with little Pom poms I might just get that and I’ve also got a large poinsettia so that’s enough.
I need no excuse to eat mince pies 😂. I got some frangipane ones in Waitrose today can’t wait to taste them!
Sainsburys have a little tree with Pom-poms too it’s well cute

Reactions: 2
I've been on a fair bit of business travel in the past 4 weeks and some odd tasks simply piled up at home, or I couldn't be arsed about putting everything away properly. In addition to my routine Sunday cleaning, I'll probably spend the day doing all those odd tasks to get them away finally.
The washing machine is already running, I sprayed some plants with water to dust them and they're now drying off in the shower. When that all is dry, I'll do the weekly bathroom cleaning. And good old robovac did the hallways. Just need to get my lazy bum up now again to tidy (I find that such videos as Aurikatariina's on Youtube give me a lot of inspo to clean! It's so disgusting that I'm disgusted enough to not want to see anymore and swear that I'll never want to come close to such filth.)

Reactions: 8
Anyone know the best thing to use to clean a solid plate hob like the one below? Specifically the black plates as they’re looking a bit rough at the minute

1F871972-2782-4A93-AFC3-CF8B89C3F45A.jpeg

Can't recommend simple solution carpet deep cleaning solution enough! My house smells like talc powder lol. Really good stuff. Very pleased.

Reactions: 3
I just bought that little tree that its_me recommended in Sainsbury’s - I love it. But what the hell are these? 😂 I thought they were the worlds ugliest bauble but the sticky tape on the back of them all is making me think I need to do something with them 😂

Attachments

• Haha
I just bought that little tree that its_me recommended in Sainsbury’s - I love it. But what the hell are these? 😂 I thought they were the worlds ugliest bauble but the sticky tape on the back of them all is making me think I need to do something with them 😂
You peel the backing off the tape and unfold the paper bauble, sticking it together to make it round

I’m guessing they will end up looking like these

FDEAC184-AEF8-49E3-B4F4-27B2ECEF5A5A.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone know the best thing to use to clean a solid plate hob like the one below? Specifically the black plates as they’re looking a bit rough at the minute

View attachment 1766896
i've got an induction hob and find the elbow grease magic eraser pads work! i wipe it down with just general multi surface spray afterwards in case there's any residue
if you stick the two sides together it'll unfold into a honeycomb paper bauble

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.