Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any tips for cleaning pillows off the bed? They’re feather and I’ve had them a while. Or should I just resign to buying some new ones?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any tips for cleaning pillows off the bed? They’re feather and I’ve had them a while. Or should I just resign to buying some new ones?
I had to Google/do this this week after a toddler toileting accident, they’re safe to wash on a low heat just don’t use a detergent and lie then flat to dry/make sure you break up any lumps (I didn’t have any but the article put a lot of emphasis on this!).

• Heart
Hi all, love this thread! Can I ask what does everyone do with bath towels/bath mats? With 4 people living in the house there are always 4 towels hanging about after everyone has showered.
Obviously they get washed and dried every few days in the machine but Im on about in between? We dont have enough room to hang them all in the bathroom so they can dry out so they end up over the bannister, over radiators etc and it looks so untidy. Is this just something I have to get over?😆
YOu need a very tall heated towel rail - nice toasty towels but out of sight in the bathroom.

Reactions: 3
My
Hi all, love this thread! Can I ask what does everyone do with bath towels/bath mats? With 4 people living in the house there are always 4 towels hanging about after everyone has showered.
Obviously they get washed and dried every few days in the machine but Im on about in between? We dont have enough room to hang them all in the bathroom so they can dry out so they end up over the bannister, over radiators etc and it looks so untidy. Is this just something I have to get over?😆
My bathroom is tiny so we use a rack of hooks on the back of the door.

I have feather pillows and I do stick them in the washer but only when the weather is really hot. (So only once a year!) They do take ages to dry and can smell a bit of wet dog for a day or so. I do spray them with room spray at first, I also use pillow protectors which I wash every other week

I usually take a bath in the evening and because the towel won't dry well in my windowless bathroom I hang it over the back of 2 dining chairs over night and move it back to the bathroom in the morning.

Hi all! 👋🏼

A while back someone mentioned emptying their kitchen bin every evening. I just wanted to say thank you! ❤

• Heart
i pop my towels in the tumble dryer after I use them and hang them up dry as we have no window in the bathroom and a small flat so don’t want them hanging about looking untidy or smelling damp.
that might be gross though? Only me and my husband so doesn’t bother us.

Reactions: 2
i pop my towels in the tumble dryer after I use them and hang them up dry as we have no window in the bathroom and a small flat so don’t want them hanging about looking untidy or smelling damp.
that might be gross though? Only me and my husband so doesn’t bother us.
I do this in the winter, 30 min blast to get them on their way! I’ve got a heated towel rail but my flat is all electric and it’s soooo expensive to have on 😭

Get a dehumidifier…it’s the only way to go. Meaco and Brolin are the two brands I have used & they are fab. Get one with a laundry setting, and even within two hours those towels will be as good as new again!

Reactions: 4
Get a dehumidifier…it’s the only way to go. Meaco and Brolin are the two brands I have used & they are fab. Get one with a laundry setting, and even within two hours those towels will be as good as new again!
Dehumidifiers are 💯 We have a Meaco and it’s been a game changer for drying clothes. We can get 2 whole loads of washing including jeans, sheets and towels bone dry overnight.

They’re a bit expensive in terms of outlay but ours is 10 years old and still going strong.

• Heart
Does anyone have any tips for getting the smell out down the back of the sofa? It's leather and I think the kids have spilt a drink and it smells really musty and horrible when you sit down, it's not the cushions but the fabric part that attaches them to the frame.

I really rate Meaco dehumidifiers too, I originally bought one as our house tends to get really damp in winter and bought another last year to dry laundry in the bathroom, it barely takes any time at all and is so much cheaper to run than the tumble dryer.

Does anyone have any tips for getting the smell out down the back of the sofa? It's leather and I think the kids have spilt a drink and it smells really musty and horrible when you sit down, it's not the cushions but the fabric part that attaches them to the frame.

I really rate Meaco dehumidifiers too, I originally bought one as our house tends to get really damp in winter and bought another last year to dry laundry in the bathroom, it barely takes any time at all and is so much cheaper to run than the tumble dryer.
I keep seeing a lot tik toks of people cleaning their fabric sofa’s with a bowl of hot water, fabric softener and washing up liquid using a pan lid wrapped in a towel also some are using shaving cream, if you look them up you’ll
see what I mean.

i’d flip it so you can sprinkle bicarb on and leave it as long as you can. Hoover it up once done

I keep seeing a lot tik toks of people cleaning their fabric sofa’s with a bowl of hot water, fabric softener and washing up liquid using a pan lid wrapped in a towel also some are using shaving cream, if you look them up you’ll
see what I mean.
I’m not taking the piss cause I know what videos you mean but written down and reading it back this paints a wild picture 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.