Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone use fridge organiser boxes? Are they worth it, or just plastic tat?
I do, I have about 8 in there, a couple of curver type baskets and then some of the transparent drawer things. We have a lot of condiments, so they're helpful for those, I use one also for cheeses, one for fruit, one for lunch/sandwich type bits and one for yogurts/random dairy bits.

Reactions: 2
Fridge mats and organisers are good like you say for corralling stuff. Also good for when you need to whip things out to clean the fridge fast, and then slam the door quick so it doesn't cause you an arm and a leg with the electric. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
For anyone who longs for soft towels but doesn’t have a tumble dryer, give them a good shake when you hang them up to dry. It loosens the fibres so they’re not stiff like cardboard once they’ve dried. It’s not the same as a tumble dried towel but it’s makes a difference!

Reactions: 7
For anyone who longs for soft towels but doesn’t have a tumble dryer, give them a good shake when you hang them up to dry. It loosens the fibres so they’re not stiff like cardboard once they’ve dried. It’s not the same as a tumble dried towel but it’s makes a difference!
also using white vinegar instead of fabric softner helps keep towels fluffy

Reactions: 5
Guys we need some help !!

So we are in a rental, and at the weekend we decided to do a deep clean on our fish tank in the bath - we're a first floor flat so I was not going to be carrying the tank to the garden 😂 Where we turned the tank on it's side, the black edges have marked the bath and I have no clue how to get it out !! We've tried bleach overnight, but it's not worked :(
Any advice? It's not scratched, it's just black marks that will not budge!

Also does anyone have any alternative online stores that are similar to what Cherryz was?

Thank you angels <3

Reactions: 1

So we are in a rental, and at the weekend we decided to do a deep clean on our fish tank in the bath - we're a first floor flat so I was not going to be carrying the tank to the garden 😂 Where we turned the tank on it's side, the black edges have marked the bath and I have no clue how to get it out !! We've tried bleach overnight, but it's not worked :(

Also does anyone have any alternative online stores that are similar to what Cherryz was?

Thank you angels <3
Have you tried using the pink stuff paste or a bit of cream cleaner? Sorry not much help but might be worth a go!! Good luck 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have you tried using the pink stuff paste or a bit of cream cleaner? Sorry not much help but might be worth a go!! Good luck 🤞🏻
Omg why didnt I think of that !! Will be grabbing some on my way home today - thank you !!

Will keep you updated on the journey 😂

Thank you angels <3
Pink stuff paste, leave on for a few mins, and use a dish scourer to rub it

• Heart

Thank you angels <3
Melamine sponge?

• Heart

Thank you angels <3
The scrub daddy sponges are really good too!

• Heart
Omg why didnt I think of that !! Will be grabbing some on my way home today - thank you !!

Will keep you updated on the journey 😂
I haven’t used them in a while but remember those magic erasers you used to be able to get? They’ve removed a few stubborn stains for me in the past
---
Melamine sponge?
Yep those ones, second vote for these from me lol

• Heart
This is a little off topic but this is such a helpful/knowledgeable thread and I’m not sure where else to ask… but can anyone recommend some earphones that aren’t beats and are less than £100?

need to listen to some true crime podcasts while keeping my home glamorous and all that 😅

This is a little off topic but this is such a helpful/knowledgeable thread and I’m not sure where else to ask… but can anyone recommend some earphones that aren’t beats and are less than £100?

need to listen to some true crime podcasts while keeping my home glamorous and all that 😅
Me and my husband have soundcore headphones. Both in ear and over ear. Pretty good and the noise cancelling is comparable to my husbands sienhiesser ones

Lmao so I still havent done the bath - it's at the bottom of my list as we're not planning on moving anytime soon 😂 - but we're on the hunt for a new sofa as someone has broken ours :( Sounds so stupid, but its a small 3 seater and the support beam in the middle of the two seater has snapped ! We've tried fixing it ourselves but after having a few people over last weekend it's most definitely had enough - we're planning on going sofa shopping this monday, but don't know if anyone has any recommendations of where to go / where to avoid?
Thank you <3

Lmao so I still havent done the bath - it's at the bottom of my list as we're not planning on moving anytime soon 😂 - but we're on the hunt for a new sofa as someone has broken ours :( Sounds so stupid, but its a small 3 seater and the support beam in the middle of the two seater has snapped ! We've tried fixing it ourselves but after having a few people over last weekend it's most definitely had enough - we're planning on going sofa shopping this monday, but don't know if anyone has any recommendations of where to go / where to avoid?
Thank you <3
I know it might be an unpopular opinion but my DFS one has lasted years and still no where near ready to be changed x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.