Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We got one of the joules sofas from DFS three years ago. It’s small and not the comfiest (probably due to the size in all honesty) but still going strong.

Reactions: 2
If this is a competition my sofa is 26 years old and looks like new.😄 I got it on interest free credit as it was £800. Not sure if they still do it. It's from Laura Ashley.
I also have a Next sofa which I like but don't think it will last as long, but we'll see. That one's 10 years old.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree I've had my DFS sofa about 10 years and its still going strong.
Feel like a proper child but oh my god I didnt realise how expensive they are !!!! Looking for a dark grey one, I'd really like a corner or L shaped and theyre all so gorgeous but so expensive 😂
---
If this is a competition my sofa is 26 years old and looks like new.😄 I got it on interest free credit as it was £800. Not sure if they still do it. It's from Laura Ashley.
I also have a Next sofa which I like but don't think it will last as long, but we'll see. That one's 10 years old.
Wow !!! Will definitely have a look at Laura Ashely - a lot of people have also recommend Next too so I've got three places to drag mr mog <3

Reactions: 1
Feel like a proper child but oh my god I didnt realise how expensive they are !!!! Looking for a dark grey one, I'd really like a corner or L shaped and theyre all so gorgeous but so expensive 😂
---

Wow !!! Will definitely have a look at Laura Ashely - a lot of people have also recommend Next too so I've got three places to drag mr mog <3
Sofas are so expensive! I got a tatty one for cheap off Marketplace and got it reupholsered for the fraction of the price of a new one... so that could also be a route to go down.

Does anyone have the Sky Glass Tv? If so is it any good?
I do! I quite like it but I wish the tv itself was better. It’s a bit chunky and although it claims to be 4K, my LG 4K is much better.

I like that I don’t have to bother with a satellite dish but because it’s connected through the internet, if your internet plays up or goes down - so does your tv. There’s no Freeview option so if you have no internet then you essentially have no tv.

I wish it came with a proper user manual telling you everything you can do with it. Only recently I found out that I can find SO many different series/catch up through the ‘search’ function. There’s no actual ‘catch up’ or ‘on demand’ section on the main menu. Also found out that I can ‘record’ things by adding them to my playlist like live tv or full series. I found this out through the app, you don’t really get any leaflets or manuals with the tv itself.

Overall I do like it but it can definitely be improved in some ways.

• Heart
Me and my husband have soundcore headphones. Both in ear and over ear. Pretty good and the noise cancelling is comparable to my husbands sienhiesser ones
Have soundcore P3 earbuds and they are great for the price and last a decent amount of time. Got mine on Amazon.

---

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link so haven't! But I got a lovely corner sofa from amazon back in February for £749! I've seen it go as low as £649 , typically 2 days after I purchased it ! It easily sits 6 people ( There are only 3 in our house but when guests are over ) It was delivered in 3 pieces and easily fits together . Also has 10 big cushions for the back ,it's so comfy !! I've fallen asleep on it many times !

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link so haven't! But I got a lovely corner sofa from amazon back in February for £749! I've seen it go as low as £649 , typically 2 days after I purchased it ! It easily sits 6 people ( There are only 3 in our house but when guests are over ) It was delivered in 3 pieces and easily fits together . Also has 10 big cushions for the back ,it's so comfy !! I've fallen asleep on it many times !
Ohhh how would we go about searching this 🤔

---

I've wanted an L shaped sofa for aeons but just not possible in my room. However, I saw a suggestion where you get your normal kind of sofa and then this block like pouffe thing that looks like a square block of settee and you just push it up against the sofa wherever you want it so you can stretch your legs out on it like a lounger sofa.

ETA Think you can see Laura Ashley sofas in the bigger Next branches. Could have sworn I saw them in a big Next on a retail park at Birstall (nr Leeds) if you're near there.

Put this in Google
laura Ashley interest free credit sofas
and you'll find some interesting things.

Last edited:
you can definitely leave links here (well i have and never been told off)

While we’re talking sofas I can recommend Sofology highly. We got a 4 seater in cream velvet from there a few months ago. It is truly the most comfy sofa ever. I was worried about it being cream but any mark wipes straight off of it with water. Plus, I got a care package with it which has cleaning sprays etc. the guys who delivered it washed their hands before bringing it in! Plus, the packaging left a couple of dents in the sides so sofology sent this cleaning dude round who used a little steaming tool to get them out.

Ordering the sofa was super easy too. This is the one we got:
IMG_0517.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
While we’re talking sofas I can recommend Sofology highly. We got a 4 seater in cream velvet from there a few months ago. It is truly the most comfy sofa ever. I was worried about it being cream but any mark wipes straight off of it with water. Plus, I got a care package with it which has cleaning sprays etc. the guys who delivered it washed their hands before bringing it in! Plus, the packaging left a couple of dents in the sides so sofology sent this cleaning dude round who used a little steaming tool to get them out.

Ordering the sofa was super easy too. This is the one we got:View attachment 2413682
one of my friends sofas came from there with a huge burn mark and they refused to change it😩took 8 months to come as well😩

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I got a cheap sofa from Next when i moved into my first house 2 years ago, it came in a box and i had to put it together. Still looks like new though and surprisingly comfy.

I always like to get a sofa that has an arm I can put a cushion on for a nap. 😄😴 For example the Michigan one I got from Next or my Winchester one from Laura Ashley.
I don't like ones with straight sides which make me feel penned in like sheep. 😄

Reactions: 4
Hi all, love this thread! Can I ask what does everyone do with bath towels/bath mats? With 4 people living in the house there are always 4 towels hanging about after everyone has showered.
Obviously they get washed and dried every few days in the machine but Im on about in between? We dont have enough room to hang them all in the bathroom so they can dry out so they end up over the bannister, over radiators etc and it looks so untidy. Is this just something I have to get over?😆

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.