Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #5 Just a Plain Mean Girl Underneath the Hippie Facade

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely asking for those who have babies, and trying to be as not mean as possible, but does Finn look okay/normal for a six month old baby to you?

My friend's kids who I've seen at 6 months looked so much more alert/intelligent.

View attachment 2600197
He just has a dopey and spaced out look sometimes and I honestly think it’s because he constantly has the phone shoved in and around his face. She more than likely has it set with the image display on screen (because even though she makes it look like she’s looking at him, it’s really about seeing herself look at him), so he’s always tripping out on “seeing himself”. She’s insufferable.

Reactions: 5
In what sense? I think he looks like a totally typical baby physically and developmentally
In that sense, yeah. Like I said in my second sentence, the most recent contact I've had with six month olds have been with six month olds that looked more alert and intelligent than Finn. Finn just looks very "light's on but no one's home" to me but it might just be the result of having a camera shoved in his face all the time like @ShaChe said.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for clarifying! He definetly has that disoriented look about him that many influencer babies have .

Ofcourse wise sage Rachel has pondered the supposed psychological impact of allowing a baby to learn how to self regulate (aka: cry ocassionally) but never about what impact her phone in his face 24/7 may have. She thinks her parenting style is so ancient and hollistic when in reality she is the worst kind of 21st century parent: using her baby as a content machine for clicks and views to try and salvage her dying brand.

Overall I find Finn to be underwhelmingly average though. Which makes all her chatter about how advanced he is so funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thanks for clarifying! He definetly has that disoriented look about him that many influencer babies have .

Ofcourse wise sage Rachel has pondered the supposed psychological impact of allowing a baby to learn how to self regulate (aka: cry ocassionally) but never about what impact her phone in his face 24/7 may have. She thinks her parenting style is so ancient and hollistic when in reality she is the worst kind of 21st century parent: using her baby as a content machine for clicks and views to try and salvage her dying brand.

Overall I find Finn to be underwhelmingly average though. Which makes all her chatter about how advanced he is so funny.
Thanks for this @bffr .

She really is the biggest liar and one of the dumbest people.

She thinks sunblock is bad but the blue light of her phone screen constantly near his face must be suuuupeer healthy, eh Rach?

Reactions: 4
Also not trying to discount anyone’s opinions!! I think I’m mostly hopeful that he is on par developmentally because
Thanks for this @bffr .

She really is the biggest liar and one of the dumbest people.

She thinks sunblock is bad but the blue light of her phone screen constantly near his face must be suuuupeer healthy, eh Rach?
Y’all got me worried now, because if Finn did/does have any delays it’s not like Rachel would ever get him the appropriate therapies, interventions, or even basic ass pediatric care to address them.

It blows my mind when privileged, western women don’t utilize the literal blessing that is the healthcare system. She is quickly going down the road of medial neglect with her anti-western medicine rhetoric. Especially now that she is feeling all empowered from her “free birth”. Ugh

Also not trying to discount anyone’s opinions!! I think I’m mostly hopeful that he is on par developmentally because

Y’all got me worried now, because if Finn did/does have any delays it’s not like Rachel would ever get him the appropriate therapies, interventions, or even basic ass pediatric care to address them.

It blows my mind when privileged, western women don’t utilize the literal blessing that is the healthcare system. She is quickly going down the road of medial neglect with her anti-western medicine rhetoric. Especially now that she is feeling all empowered from her “free birth”. Ugh
Oh she 100% wouldn't. Is like the rant she went on because someone suggested Lea showed signs of ADHD and Rachel went off about how she's just a "normal" kid (the use of the word normal of course was a can of worms). Obviously we can't say whether Lea has or doesn't have ADHD from seeing her online but the aggressive rejection Rachel showed and how she put down the medical research on it made it very clear that those kids better hope they don't have anything serious health wise until they're adults because their mother would rather ignore it than go to a doctor.

Most parents I know would have stopped and thought about why a stranger on the internet might say that about their kid/ why someone who's seen their kid for some time would say that. And potentially gone to a doctor to be sure. Not Rachel the Wise though.

So she is leaving her baby out on the porch in the stroller napping in the cold weather because he has fallen asleep in the stroller on their walk. He was all sweaty when he woke up because she had too many layers on him. Is this a normal thing done in Sweden? I live in a cold climate and I have never heard of this before. 🙀

Reactions: 1
So she is leaving her baby out on the porch in the stroller napping in the cold weather because he has fallen asleep in the stroller on their walk. He was all sweaty when he woke up because she had too many layers on him. Is this a normal thing done in Sweden? I live in a cold climate and I have never heard of this before. 🙀
I believe this is pretty common in Nordic countries. I spent some time in Norway in the winter and people would leave their kids in their strollers napping outside while they went in to a cafe.

It's supposed to make them sturdy and used to the cold, I think.

Now the silly woman overheating him, that is not normal.

lol at her being like idk why Finn is finding everything annoying today as if he is meant to be some god like child who never complains when in actuality he’s literally a baby. A baby. A baby who has no concept of the world or time or anything and needs constant care oddly enough!!! Don’t have another kid if you’ll be baffled when you have to look after them?!

The reel she shared about women being scared of childbirth… a woman can give birth any way she chooses, period. So let’s not make the ones who choose the hospital setting or elect for the c section or have to choose a different way because of medical issues feel like tit.

Rachel, your birth went great, that’s awesome, but it might not have. And then what? Would she still be going on about childbirth as much as she does? Would she have stopped demeaning medical professionals who have to intervene to save lives? Would she have admitted she might not always be right?

Would she stop shaming women who don’t do what she does?

• Angry
The couples pod episodes are always so uncomfortable. 1 hour of Rachel trying to bait Dennis into saying certain things and prodding him into answering questions the way she wants him to. She seems so exhausting and relentless to he in a relationship with

I quite like the Dennis episodes he often calls her out on her utter bullshit but equally is complicit in enabling it. Their relationship is utterly bizarre and co-dependent. I guess this is what happens when two adults from dysfunctional broken families get together.

I quite like the Dennis episodes he often calls her out on her utter bullshit but equally is complicit in enabling it. Their relationship is utterly bizarre and co-dependent. I guess this is what happens when two adults from dysfunctional broken families get together.
Respectfully, you might be giving them a little too much credit with the “from dysfunctional broken families” thing.

Rachel just went on a million dollar vacay with her entire “broken family” … shes fine. As for Dennis, we don’t know as much about his family but from what he’s shared, they seem close and supportive. Rachel and Dennis arent 2 co-dependent orphans, trauma bonded together by life hardships. They're 2 entitled fucks who benefit from tolerating each other.

Dennis is complicit because he is lazy and lives an easy life off appeasing Rachel and going along with her bullshit. He’ll poke at her a little for fun, but knows not to push it too far or his meal ticket will be gone.

Rachel puts up with Dennis bc he is fully neutered and doesn't have the balls to say no to her, which is what she needs on a relationship. Complete control.

Reactions: 10
I think both things can be true. They do come from broken families that gave them traumatic experiences and they are also entitled and lazy privileged fuckers.

While their origin families now seek to get along, there's no denying that Rachel's unstable childhood is behind some of her issues. From what we know of Dennis's family it might be the same. Early life trauma stays with you if untreated and for all of Rachel's mumbo jumbo, she hasn't actually done the work.

And yep they're also greedy, fame hungry assholes who choose to exploit their family for money and who think they're better than everyone else.

Reactions: 10
Is that child call Bear or Finn? I thought it was Finn but I’ve literally never heard her refer to him
as anything other than Bear?! Also the whole he’s so advanced chat is getting really old now! He might be crawling early but honestly I wouldn’t overthink it, im not sure it means he’s going to be genius or anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is that child call Bear or Finn? I thought it was Finn but I’ve literally never heard her refer to him
as anything other than Bear?! Also the whole he’s so advanced chat is getting really old now! He might be crawling early but honestly I wouldn’t overthink it, im not sure it means he’s going to be genius or anything!
That baby is all body and no brains right now. And I am not saying that in a rude way!

Babies develop at different rates- some start to develop social skills quicker than others (smiling, laughing, eye contact, becoming socially aware and reactive) while others work on gross motor skills first (crawling, pulling up on things). Finn is obviously the latter, but also still has that spaced out, dopey little baby look about him (as mentioned earlier in this thread.)

Which is fine! Normal, even. But here’s the thing Rachel doesn’t get- just because he is ahead in ONE developmental milestone, doesn’t mean he is “advanced.” If he was ahead in ALL milestones he would be advanced. But also- why does it matter? Who the duck cares?

Rachel showed some throwback pics of Lea the other day, and it is clear she was a MUCH more social baby at Finn’s age, albeit was later to crawl. So does that mean Lea was “delayed” simply bc she did not crawl as soon as the prodigy son? No! She just reached DIFFERENT developmental milestones quicker than others. This is true for literally every kid

My point is, as a second time mom, you would think Rachel would understand this but she has absolutely NO chill.

The whole “my freebirthed baby who has never had a checkup is so advanced” narrative needs to stop. It’s competitive, obnoxious and delusional

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I crawled at 4 months, walked at 8, said my first word at 5. I learned to read at 2 and a hald. And I'm not a genius by any means.

I think the bit that confuses me with this child is that his bottom lip hangs open and it reminds me of a cousin who has a type of cerebral palsy. But I guess if he's crawling it means that's just his face

Look. It's obvious that 'Bear' crawling 'early' Is solely due to Rachel being the best, most authentic parent. She has created such an ancestral, natural environment that what else could her children do but thrive and be so much better in every way than all other children, free birthed or not.

• Haha
I am so sick of her talking about how little sleep she’s had. It’s her doing at this point. Her mom saying “try giving him a pacifier and walk away” is truly because she’s probably experienced the no sleep and sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.