Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #5 Just a Plain Mean Girl Underneath the Hippie Facade

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well we made it through another thread, and through the piles and piles of entitlement and plain misinformation and nasty bragging Mean Girl, sorry Yoga Girl, throws at her audience.

Thread title courtesy of @feelingsalty and nominated by @Lady1980

Recap includes but isn't limited to:

- Baiting people with "freebirthing" videos (she looked terrified in hers when the baby wasn't breathing), outlandish statements like how she sucks the snot from the baby's nose with her mouth, etc.
- Not a single day of work.
- A 2+ week vacation in the Maldives partially paid by Daddy Brathen.
- Dennis has a job! Maybe. Something like a job. Probably with Daddy B.

Tattle on!

Reactions: 8
Yay new thread! Just so this doesn’t get lost - can any of our Swedish comrades (or Rakel hiding behind her fake account, if she sees this) translate?
Ok here we go:

The conservative prime minister of Sweden, Ulf Kristersson held a kind of meet and greet - open discussion kind of thing in Gothenburg. A lot of protesters attended the meeting, asking questions about why Sweden has not taken a stand against Israel. Kristersson made a gigantic freudian slip and said "Israel has the right to genoc.." before correcting himself. Of course it made the news and the conservative party and their voters are scrambling to save face, pretending it's not clear what he was about to say (it is). I'm guessing she posted the video of him slipping up.

The person she's responding to wrote that he did not say "folkm" which are the first five letters in genocide in swedish (folkmord) arguing he said "folk" which just mean people. They are accusing Rakel of spreading false information and making sweden appear in bad light, feeding conspiracy theories. Rakel is responding and saying it is clear what he was about to say, and that racism and oppression is grows in silence, especially in a country like Sweden where people are afraid to go out on a limb and stand up for what's right (I don't fully agree but that's another discussion). She then writes that instead of worrying how the world sees us, we should worry about people and their suffering, in Sweden and abroad. She's asking if the conspiracy theory is that Sweden did not vote for cease fire (we abstained, and it's obviously not a secret or anything).

The second slide says that the biggest conspiracy theory is that swedes think very highly of themselves, that we are not good people but we think we are. That when it comes to injustice we are racist like every other white country (we are, and noone thinks otherwise). She says that we care selectively, and we have a prime minister who shows us that every day. Then she writes "Imagine having a prime minister who fully believes genocide is ok, and a country full of people who are too afraid to protest because we want Sweden to appear just and good. The truth is more important. The children in Gaza are more important."

She's not wrong, but she argues with a lot of cliches without nuance and depth, and she has an air of someone who has spent time abroad and then comes home to tell everyone the lay of the land. To my eyes, she appears out of touch with the political climate in Sweden in general. She lives in a very small wealthy bubble, a lot of her friends are rich kids with made up jobs and financial security who live far away from poor(er) people and never meet anyone with different views or different upbringing.

The last slide is just her correcting herself because she used the wrong word for prime minister. It's because she thinks in english.

Reactions: 12
You can rent their former swedish home now for 175 Euro/night.
She also does two visible ads, so obviously she needs money...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thank you for the translation Katzenjammer! If she actually did something other than spouting off from her lake house then I’d have more respect for what she is saying. Instead it’s more empty words and pledges. Didn’t she have 109 world? Doesn’t Olivia still run it? There is a perfect platform she could use as she has oceans of free time to help people in need across the world …

Reactions: 6
Thank you for the translation Katzenjammer! If she actually did something other than spouting off from her lake house then I’d have more respect for what she is saying. Instead it’s more empty words and pledges. Didn’t she have 109 world? Doesn’t Olivia still run it? There is a perfect platform she could use as she has oceans of free time to help people in need across the world …
You're welcome! I'm sorry it turned into a novel! She's a slacktivist for sure. She comes across very juvenile when she argues, there's no real analysis, nothing constructive, no reflection, no context.

Reactions: 8
Ok here we go:

The conservative prime minister of Sweden, Ulf Kristersson held a kind of meet and greet - open discussion kind of thing in Gothenburg. A lot of protesters attended the meeting, asking questions about why Sweden has not taken a stand against Israel. Kristersson made a gigantic freudian slip and said "Israel has the right to genoc.." before correcting himself. Of course it made the news and the conservative party and their voters are scrambling to save face, pretending it's not clear what he was about to say (it is). I'm guessing she posted the video of him slipping up.

The person she's responding to wrote that he did not say "folkm" which are the first five letters in genocide in swedish (folkmord) arguing he said "folk" which just mean people. They are accusing Rakel of spreading false information and making sweden appear in bad light, feeding conspiracy theories. Rakel is responding and saying it is clear what he was about to say, and that racism and oppression is grows in silence, especially in a country like Sweden where people are afraid to go out on a limb and stand up for what's right (I don't fully agree but that's another discussion). She then writes that instead of worrying how the world sees us, we should worry about people and their suffering, in Sweden and abroad. She's asking if the conspiracy theory is that Sweden did not vote for cease fire (we abstained, and it's obviously not a secret or anything).

The second slide says that the biggest conspiracy theory is that swedes think very highly of themselves, that we are not good people but we think we are. That when it comes to injustice we are racist like every other white country (we are, and noone thinks otherwise). She says that we care selectively, and we have a prime minister who shows us that every day. Then she writes "Imagine having a prime minister who fully believes genocide is ok, and a country full of people who are too afraid to protest because we want Sweden to appear just and good. The truth is more important. The children in Gaza are more important."

She's not wrong, but she argues with a lot of cliches without nuance and depth, and she has an air of someone who has spent time abroad and then comes home to tell everyone the lay of the land. To my eyes, she appears out of touch with the political climate in Sweden in general. She lives in a very small wealthy bubble, a lot of her friends are rich kids with made up jobs and financial security who live far away from poor(er) people and never meet anyone with different views or different upbringing.

The last slide is just her correcting herself because she used the wrong word for prime minister. It's because she thinks in english.
Wait. So. Once more she's criticizing the local people for basically being barbarians and not as enlightened as she is? So she learned nothing from Aruba gate? She's so stupid. Now if people go and egg her farm where's she gonna move?

Thank you for translating @Katzenjammer

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wait. So. Once more she's criticizing the local people for basically being barbarians and not as enlightened as she is? So she learned nothing from Aruba gate? She's so stupid. Now if people go and egg her farm where's she gonna move?

Thank you for translating @Katzenjammer
Surely she's the most evolved being in Sweden! 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thread title courtesy of @feelingsalty and nominated by @Lady1980
I am honored haha!

I like how she’s in awe over their trip as though they’re the first extremely wealthy (via Rachel’s dad anyway) privileged white people to have a luxury island vacation. Like it’s such a miracle they got to stay in a villa and have a slide for ten billion dollars a night. Just continually on about it while throwing around conspiracy theories and inflammatory statements so she can appear to care about other people and stir up drama because she’s a drama vampire and needs it to live.

Reactions: 7
So glad to know that Rachel's "boundaries" and "space" vis a vis her mother do allow for Shama to dogsit whenever Rachel swans off on holiday and her brother isn't available.

And why couldnt Rachel or lazy Dennis go pick up Ringo? Her mom already did her the favor of looking after him and then she had to bring him to Rachel too.

She's surrounded by enablers.
Screenshot_20231126_130712_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 6
So glad to know that Rachel's "boundaries" and "space" vis a vis her mother do allow for Shama to dogsit whenever Rachel swans off on holiday and her brother isn't available.

And why couldnt Rachel or lazy Dennis go pick up Ringo? Her mom already did her the favor of looking after him and then she had to bring him to Rachel too.

She's surrounded by enablers. View attachment 2594230
Because she is a ~*~postpartum mother~*~ and therefor the world is indebted to her and obligated to serve and circulate around her

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
More lies from Rachel. Dennis was in the podcast in March, so not aaaageees ago.

Screenshot_20231128_132512_Instagram.jpg

Rachel tit talking her mom for sleep training her as a baby when she herself literally sleep trained Lea? Make it make sense.

• Heart
Rachel tit talking her mom for sleep training her as a baby when she herself literally sleep trained Lea? Make it make sense.
I mentioned this recently because she said something when he was a NB in regards to how cruel sleep training is. She thinks we’re all idiots and have short term memory loss and couldn’t possibly remember all the way back 6 years ago! 😤

Reactions: 3
I mentioned this recently because she said something when he was a NB in regards to how cruel sleep training is. She thinks we’re all idiots and have short term memory loss and couldn’t possibly remember all the way back 6 years ago! 😤
Plus she loves to talk about what an incredible sleeper Lea is and has been since she was a baby. Like HMM I wonder why.

Also lol at her astonishment at her ~super advanced baby~ already “climbing out of his crib.” I was confused on how that was possible until I got the the next slide and saw that the railing is only like 5 inches taller than the mattress itself. She is so damn annoying.

Genuinely asking for those who have babies, and trying to be as not mean as possible, but does Finn look okay/normal for a six month old baby to you?

My friend's kids who I've seen at 6 months looked so much more alert/intelligent.

Screenshot_20231129_113235_Instagram.jpg

In what sense? I think he looks like a totally typical baby physically and developmentally

Reactions: 4