Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something about a Reddit or subreddit thread starting after a gofundme (GFM) was set up by a friend of hers after her dog was ran over and needed surgery. Turns out it was her ex who ran over the dog. She came clean and offered to refund any money to anyone. And out of like hundred’s of donations only a handful wanted refunds.

Then she got trolled by people who didn’t donate wanting refunds. People made loads of fake account and accounts about her, contacted her sponsors with lies. She lost sponsors which she relied on as an influencer.

She makes comments about people thinking she was still living off the GFM money raised.

She met a random woman in a tattoo shop (I think) and they became close friends. But the woman was on the thread and shared personal things.

She checked into an Airbnb & people found out where and sent the owners messages saying she was partying and drug taking.

Her ex husband and his family joined the thread saying what a witch etc she was, and I think sharing personal things.

She had a book out and people claimed to get advanced copies, put 1 star reviews and contacted a book shop on her tour claiming she was racists so that book shop stop was cancelled.

It does seem that these people were going to extreme lengths to interfere in her life, and her influencer business and book sales

All this lead her to consider suicide which she talked about but that seemed to add more fuel to the fire. She said in the 38 min video she left social media for a while and even bought a gun and considered doing a live story where she shot herself.

She was very upset that her ex husband & his family were on this thread. And in the end got some sort of private investigator to find out who some of the people were and named them. She is still willing to post more names of people who are saying untrue things about her and risk their own careers.

There was a lot more she talked about. But I guess the bottom line was don’t online bully social media influencers. It made her think about suicide (there was a term she used which I think the thread made fun of). And she got really close to suicide.
I agree, it’s a bit extreme, but to be fair, these people should just walk away from social media when it gets too much and too overwhelming.
Far too much is shared on SM these days, someone still can be an “influencer” but remain private.

Reactions: 5
Far too much is shared on SM these days, someone still can be an “influencer” but remain private.
True. I follow others who I trust who share very little about their personal lives but have instagram and podcasts and something really interesting and relevant (to me) to say that resonates.
I don't care if they are vegan or not, what their children look like, what they had for breakfast etc. But I do believe that they are open when they promote products (which they are not sneaky about) and I am more likely to trust these endorsements because I feel they are being true to themselves and align with the core of who they are/why they are in the public eye etc.

Its the type influencer that is all about themselves that can’t last (in my opinion anyway). Like many reality TV stars. Get their 15 mins of fame, then without any real skill still want to be in the public eye/make money of their brand etc.

If you put your whole life on social media be prepared for some opinions about it. Good and bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's a well known fact that 1st births are longer and usually perceived as more difficult and barring actual malpractice or abuse, it's unfortunate when birthers turn on their care providers because of it. It's not your midwife's fault that your birth was long. After attending thousands of labours, I can safely say that no matter how healthy you think you are, physically or psychologically, regardless of where you are birthing or who is attending you, there are unpredictable and unpreventable things which sometimes derail the best laid birth plans. It's maddening for all involved! I have the some of the healthiest, fittest seeming clients who are shocked to find out they have gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, or who require a cesarean because they don't dilate past 4cms.

Does Rachel know that 2nd babes and onward birth so much faster and easier but freebirthers will usually cite the freebirthing as the reason? HA! The babes I've caught in cars were not firstborns! Neither were the unplanned homebirths. Her boy will likely fly out as 2nd babies often do.

As long as Rachel isn't growing a giant or malpositioned baby, this birth will be a walk in the park compared to Lea's. It will go well because she has done it before, not because she is unattended, full of beef and eggs and surrounded by crystals. Have some humility!

But that's not the narrative she'll put out there. If everything goes smoothly, she will give credit to all but the obvious and as an influencer, that's as good as lying to everyone who reads her posts because she never talks about the risks, just vague comments about how harmful prenatal care, labwork,ultrasounds and using trained professionals can be. In much of the developing world, utilizing safe maternity care is feminist act!

Declining safe, free, EVIDENCE BASED maternity care is so bloody privileged and offensive to mothers who can't get safe care. A 'wild' pregnancy is not activism without informed choice. Her posts betray the fact that she is not fully informed or if she is, she is not sharing the pros and cons with her followers. I really thought she was smarter than this. So irresponsible.

Lastly, as a mom of 4, it breaks my heart that she allows such a small child to watch such violence. Yes, movie ratings are just a suggestion but are usually pretty accurate and useful for protecting your child from on screen brutality when their bodies and psyche are still developing. We are a liberal household but wow, at least my kids were old enough to read HARRY Potter and LORD OF THE RINGS before I let them watch. Flooding children with adrenaline and other catecholamines shows up as higher cortisol levels in later childhood and brain scans show neurodevelopmental changes in the pediatric brain (limbic and prefrontal cortex). LET KIDS BE KIDS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Something about a Reddit or subreddit thread starting after a gofundme (GFM) was set up by a friend of hers after her dog was ran over and needed surgery. Turns out it was her ex who ran over the dog. She came clean and offered to refund any money to anyone. And out of like hundred’s of donations only a handful wanted refunds.

Then she got trolled by people who didn’t donate wanting refunds. People made loads of fake account and accounts about her, contacted her sponsors with lies. She lost sponsors which she relied on as an influencer.

She makes comments about people thinking she was still living off the GFM money raised.

She met a random woman in a tattoo shop (I think) and they became close friends. But the woman was on the thread and shared personal things.

She checked into an Airbnb & people found out where and sent the owners messages saying she was partying and drug taking.

Her ex husband and his family joined the thread saying what a witch etc she was, and I think sharing personal things.

She had a book out and people claimed to get advanced copies, put 1 star reviews and contacted a book shop on her tour claiming she was racists so that book shop stop was cancelled.

It does seem that these people were going to extreme lengths to interfere in her life, and her influencer business and book sales

All this lead her to consider suicide which she talked about but that seemed to add more fuel to the fire. She said in the 38 min video she left social media for a while and even bought a gun and considered doing a live story where she shot herself.

She was very upset that her ex husband & his family were on this thread. And in the end got some sort of private investigator to find out who some of the people were and named them. She is still willing to post more names of people who are saying untrue things about her and risk their own careers.

There was a lot more she talked about. But I guess the bottom line was don’t online bully social media influencers. It made her think about suicide (there was a term she used which I think the thread made fun of). And she got really close to suicide.

Ohhh I see.

It does seem closer to home and crossing a line when there's people like this woman's ex husband spilling the intimate deets and genuine interference in her real life.

What we do on here tattling about Rachels crows feet and her shilling herself/brand as an all knowing guru pales in comparison.

And you guys are more generous to her and give her the benefit of the doubt. Which I don't lol, but I also don't care if she knows I think she's a nut.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I haven't looked at her page in ages but it popped up the other day. I immediately came here for all the updates :) better reading your funny comments than her nonsense firsthand.

And her diet is shocking. This woman does not understand the concept of balance. I've consumed animal products all my life and I would feel unwell after eating how she does. It makes no sense how a body could handle it after being vegan for so long.

It again comes to her kid she could have chosen to have Lea eat a balanced diet with some animal protein but is instead dragging this child from one extreme to the next with her. And none of those extremes are healthy for a developing body. Like they have enough resources that Leas diet can include all vitamins etc without constant supplements. Collagen, green, protein powders aren't designed for todlers. The text above where she says oatmeal didn't agree with Lea because of veganism is batshit crazy. So what if Rachel didn't decide to change her diet for her reasons she would just have her toddler have severe food allergies, without addressing any possible causes.
Yess also its crazy she adds an egg for “extra” protein. They seem to eat excessive animals foods, its waiting for new health problems.

Reactions: 2
It's a well known fact that 1st births are longer and usually perceived as more difficult and barring actual malpractice or abuse, it's unfortunate when birthers turn on their care providers because of it. It's not your midwife's fault that your birth was long. After attending thousands of labours, I can safely say that no matter how healthy you think you are, physically or psychologically, regardless of where you are birthing or who is attending you, there are unpredictable and unpreventable things which sometimes derail the best laid birth plans. It's maddening for all involved! I have the some of the healthiest, fittest seeming clients who are shocked to find out they have gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, or who require a cesarean because they don't dilate past 4cms.

Does Rachel know that 2nd babes and onward birth so much faster and easier but freebirthers will usually cite the freebirthing as the reason? HA! The babes I've caught in cars were not firstborns! Neither were the unplanned homebirths. Her boy will likely fly out as 2nd babies often do.

As long as Rachel isn't growing a giant or malpositioned baby, this birth will be a walk in the park compared to Lea's. It will go well because she has done it before, not because she is unattended, full of beef and eggs and surrounded by crystals. Have some humility!

But that's not the narrative she'll put out there. If everything goes smoothly, she will give credit to all but the obvious and as an influencer, that's as good as lying to everyone who reads her posts because she never talks about the risks, just vague comments about how harmful prenatal care, labwork,ultrasounds and using trained professionals can be. In much of the developing world, utilizing safe maternity care is feminist act!

Declining safe, free, EVIDENCE BASED maternity care is so bloody privileged and offensive to mothers who can't get safe care. A 'wild' pregnancy is not activism without informed choice. Her posts betray the fact that she is not fully informed or if she is, she is not sharing the pros and cons with her followers. I really thought she was smarter than this. So irresponsible.

Lastly, as a mom of 4, it breaks my heart that she allows such a small child to watch such violence. Yes, movie ratings are just a suggestion but are usually pretty accurate and useful for protecting your child from on screen brutality when their bodies and psyche are still developing. We are a liberal household but wow, at least my kids were old enough to read HARRY Potter and LORD OF THE RINGS before I let them watch. Flooding children with adrenaline and other catecholamines shows up as higher cortisol levels in later childhood and brain scans show neurodevelopmental changes in the pediatric brain (limbic and prefrontal cortex). LET KIDS BE KIDS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!
All of this!

Also, maybe I wrote this before, but I saw mums drop their babies numerous times on the ward I work
One mum even did it twice. Straight on its head. Some dont realise their babies were really malnourished to the point they needed medical care. Mum's aren't infallible, so without taking away their autonomy, we help them. I wish people who are so anti-hospital could comprehend that the people treating them might care EVEN MORE about health than them, that they actual trained hard and chose a career in it. Also, just because I sometimes think a mum would need to be induced or a cesarean, doesn't mean I don't understand holistic care and think that yogic breathing or herbal remedies can soothe certain issues.
The black and white thinking pushes a dangerous agenda that hospital workers are nameless, characterless demons.

Also - in regards to the bullying issues raised, I genuinely didn't know Tattle was a well known site, I haven't been on it other than this thread. So I would feel bad if she read all this. It isn't bullying because it is not at her, she can choose not to look. I would never message her anything, because I don't want to harass her. And if she was genuinely suicidal (like the video she posted of that woman) I would stop, I would not laugh. The woman mentioned was getting constantly harassed and ganged up on, losing work, they knew where she staying etc. That is scary!
So I'm assuming everyone is just keeping it in here and not starting any hate campaigns. 😊

I did make fun of her potato and steak story and I'm picturing sitting infront of my boss looking at a screenshot having to explain why I was a witch about her dinner like some cheeky youtube queen who calls people out on their bull, except youtube they can be their own boss so it flies 🤣Context is a huge thing. If my boss saw what I get up to on days off or with my boyfriend between the sheets I wouldn't feel great either 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
1678485274904.png
1678485317775.png

I wonder when Rakel will start weaving feathers in her hair? Wonder if she has her tassle muckluks on. Anyone else think she's trying for Native American? lol

Oh boy. Rachel claims to have forgotten today's the anniversary of Andrea's death, maybe because of her magic shaman wolf baby. But don't worry guys, now that she's remembered she is appropriately (for her self centered narcissistic way of living) made it all about her and continued to sensationalize her "best friend's" death and use it for clicks and clout.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Oh boy. Rachel claims to have forgotten today's the anniversary of Andrea's death, maybe because of her magic shaman wolf baby. But don't worry guys, now that she's remembered she is appropriately (for her self centered narcissistic way of living) made it all about her and continued to sensationalize her "best friend's" death and use it for clicks and clout.
Odd as she was all about life & death recently. Would have thought this would have been at the forefront of her mind.

Another instance of Rachel using tragedy and death for social media fodder...must be a day that ends in 'y'. 🙄

The posts and stories that are such OBVIOUS bait for people to engage with her nearly make me sick. 'Hold your loved ones close' with a photo of her teary-eyed, followed by a post with her basically saying she's not gonna say what that post is about.
---
View attachment 2019240View attachment 2019241

I wonder when Rakel will start weaving feathers in her hair? Wonder if she has her tassle muckluks on. Anyone else think she's trying for Native American? lol
Don't tempt her again - she went through a whole Native American phase and DID actually get feathers sewn into her hair briefly, at the height of her fame and international travels

I’m wondering if this is Dennis’ sister she’s referring to, who I think has been seriously ill for quite some time. However can’t remember her name / insta so don’t know the latest.

I’m wondering if this is Dennis’ sister she’s referring to, who I think has been seriously ill for quite some time. However can’t remember her name / insta so don’t know the latest.
Yeah I was thinking that too

Reactions: 1
That's what I assumed, although I only knew she was sick from someone on here.

At least Rachel hasn't posted photos of the girl or anything

That's what I assumed, although I only knew she was sick from someone on here.

At least Rachel hasn't posted photos of the girl or anything
Soon she probably will, she never misses an opportunity to publicly grieve someone, or something and then bring all the attention back to her and her feelings of it.

This woman triggers me to no end. Today on her stories she is complaining about not feeling well and having to be in the bath for three hours straight and saying how that can’t be normal. But is she going to go to an actual doctor or any doctor? Maybe not?

Also, she has a couple of comments about America on her stories today. Every time she talks about America, I just want to go all ‘Will Smith at the Oscars’ and tell her to keep my country’s name out of her mouth. 🤣 I have no problem with others talking about the US but something about when she does it just grates on me. I know a lot of her followers are in the US so she has in the past commented a lot on what goes on here. It used to be much worse. Maybe it’s that she seems to be often uninformed and doesn’t know what she is talking about (per usual) and is maybe using commenting on it to bolster her engagement (also per usual) and therefore income that makes it kind of 🤮. I hope she never moves here.

Yikes. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she will turn things around and want her to do well, but then she opens her mouth. 😱

p.s. I listened to part of the last pod. Dennis said he did feel bullied into veganism by her and that James Aspey guy (vegan activist) and he was resentful about it for the first year. He said after the first year, he didn’t mind it, except for missing fish. She tries to talk him into her narrative that she didn’t really bully him into it, but kind of made it difficult for him to not be vegan since she was in charge of the cooking, etc. He holds strong and disagrees and says no she did bully him and then she does apologize for bullying him. No tit, Rachel. We weren’t even there and we knew she bullied him into veganism. How deluded is she in her own narratives that she can’t even admit to herself the reality of her own actions and her husband’s feelings about them?? Wow!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
@Suzecakes I love how she says she's been in the bath three hours (ew, btw). Just casually mentioning it. I'm pretty sure most of us cannot just stay in the bath, or in bed or on the couch, three hours, doing nothing, on a regular Monday. She never acknowledges how uncommon this is.

I also love how she dropped one of the comments from her question box with some woman saying she had an emergency C-section but felt in her heart she didn't need it. What the duck are these people drinking? Do they think doctors perform emergency major surgery just for shits and giggles? Just to get home early? "Oh, this woman arrived in the ER with a displaced placenta or whatever. Let's do emergency C-section not because she needs it but because I must get home to watch Dancing with the Stars" said no doctor ever.

Also she was asking for recommendations for
someone to organize her kitchen and maybe more of her house for her. Do we think she will pay them or will she try to get free services in exchange for an IG ad or tag? Secondly, doesn’t she have time to do it herself? I know she’s got the pain going on with the pregnancy now, but she has had since after Christmas to do this stuff and she doesn’t seem to be super busy with any work. 🙄

Soon she probably will, she never misses an opportunity to publicly grieve someone, or something and then bring all the attention back to her and her feelings of it.
If it is Denis sister that she is referring to, I’d say she is not allowed to post her picture. Denis and family prob would not appreciate it.

This woman. 🤣 She needs to continue to kick the whole vegan diet. The constant justification. Remember when you said your life was tit in Sweden and how poorly you ate, drank, and chain smoked and now all the sudden your “childhood” upbringing wasn’t actually terribly toxic as you said when you used it for content. Now she is back to the place she needed “healing” from and eating her cherished Shama made meals.

I hope she eats bacon every day and just over consumes the protein. Not good for your cholesterol. 😇

Attachments

This woman. 🤣 She needs to continue to kick the whole vegan diet. The constant justification. Remember when you said your life was tit in Sweden and how poorly you ate, drank, and chain smoked and now all the sudden your “childhood” upbringing wasn’t actually terribly toxic as you said when you used it for content. Now she is back to the place she needed “healing” from and eating her cherished Shama made meals.

I hope she eats bacon every day and just over consumes the protein. Not good for your cholesterol. 😇
The green juice fad was also not even about veganism, really, it was just one more fad from her pseudo doctors. It was one more way in which she let her food issues arise.

I once texted her about the green juices, especially when she used to have the celery one from a juicer not a Vitamix or anything, saying she was stripping it of its fiber and making it useless and that it wasn't enough for breakfast. She saw it and never replied 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.