Yankee in the South #2 Do you see that, Dawn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have watched them for a few years. I remember a couple years ago they were going to stop meet ups because I guess a beef with another YouTuber or something anyone remember this and what it was about?
I think those local YTs got ticked off because he wouldn't or didn't promote their channels like he did others. I also believe he said these are the people who are the original trolls and would harass them out in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think those local YTs got ticked off because he wouldn't or didn't promote their channels like he did others. I also believe he said these are the people who are the original trolls and would harass them out in public.
I really think he is stopping the scheduled meet ups this year and saying you have to email to set up a meet up is he is afraid who may show up. He must realize how many hate watchers he has.

Reactions: 9
I really think he is stopping the scheduled meet ups this year and saying you have to email to set up a meet up is he is afraid who may show up. He must realize how many hate watchers he has.
Ya, for such a thick, blotchy skinned meat sack he is very sensitive to any criticism or negativity towards them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Watched the hiking video from yesterday, "Snowy Day in Smokies, John Ownby Cabin"........

Thoughts......

1. Please someone please get this woman a winter coat and some gloves
2. I distinctly remember these 2 talking about NOT drinking coffee, ever. It was not only in breakfast pancake reviews but at the cinnamon bun place they reviewed a few months ago. They made the comment about nothing to drink unless you drank coffee. Now he is out buying cappuccino/expresso at the gas station - ahead of his wife, of course.
3. Dawn legit seemed terrified of crossing that rickety-made "bridge" over the small river. Maybe he could have not recorded and left that part in. She really didn't want to cross it.

Reactions: 6
Watched the hiking video from yesterday, "Snowy Day in Smokies, John Ownby Cabin"........

Thoughts......

1. Please someone please get this woman a winter coat and some gloves
2. I distinctly remember these 2 talking about NOT drinking coffee, ever. It was not only in breakfast pancake reviews but at the cinnamon bun place they reviewed a few months ago. They made the comment about nothing to drink unless you drank coffee. Now he is out buying cappuccino/expresso at the gas station - ahead of his wife, of course.
3. Dawn legit seemed terrified of crossing that rickety-made "bridge" over the small river. Maybe he could have not recorded and left that part in. She really didn't want to cross it.
I agree they have made a point of saying they don’t drink it multiple times. She made a face when she took a drink of it in that video also.

He is so rude and disrespectful of her. That bridge was not safe to cross in the snow. What happens when she falls and gets injured in the cold with no gloves or a decent coat. He does not care just worried about number of views.

Reactions: 5
I agree they have made a point of saying they don’t drink it multiple times. She made a face when she took a drink of it in that video also.

He is so rude and disrespectful of her. That bridge was not safe to cross in the snow. What happens when she falls and gets injured in the cold with no gloves or a decent coat. He does not care just worried about number of views.
He wasn't worried about her bleeding finger from Sunday's live so it no surprise that he doesn't care about her out in the wild. Also, they never drink coffee you guyzzzzzz......

Reactions: 7
He wasn't worried about her bleeding finger from Sunday's live so it no surprise that he doesn't care about her out in the wild. Also, they never drink coffee you guyzzzzzz......
I know he is a horrible guy but she puts up with it. Hope one day she goes off on him on a livestream 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t recall them drinking coffee , but haven’t seen every single video, so they might drink it on occasion.

I worry about Dawn, as I think Will puts her in situations that aren’t safe , just to make a video . You could tell she was scared to cross that piece of wood with snow and ice on it. They have another hike video when it’s literally flooding, yet Will takes her , her sister, and SMH , and they take a long steep hike through an area that the trail was flooded and had rushing water going over the trails. They finally had to turn around because the trail had a huge gushing waterfall over it.
The time he took her out on that snorkeling trip in the ocean was also awful. The employees had to rescue her from the water. 😡. Will is either too irresponsible himself to make good judgment calls , or he doesn’t really care as long as it’s in video .

Reactions: 11
I can’t recall them drinking coffee , but haven’t seen every single video, so they might drink it on occasion.

I worry about Dawn, as I think Will puts her in situations that aren’t safe , just to make a video . You could tell she was scared to cross that piece of wood with snow and ice on it. They have another hike video when it’s literally flooding, yet Will takes her , her sister, and SMH , and they take a long steep hike through an area that the trail was flooded and had rushing water going over the trails. They finally had to turn around because the trail had a huge gushing waterfall over it.
The time he took her out on that snorkeling trip in the ocean was also awful. The employees had to rescue her from the water. 😡. Will is either too irresponsible himself to make good judgment calls , or he doesn’t really care as long as it’s in video .
I'm surprised he doesn't use it as clickbait in his titles like the Slackers use the prop. "Dawn almost drowns snorkling!", "We almost die hiking in flood waters!!". Great, I just gave him an idea. A tit idea, but one that he would love as his favorites vloggers do that.

I remember him and Dawn and Denise doing that trail and it was flooded out… I believe that was Laurel Falls. They looked like complete idiots… It was freezing and rushing water and either one of them could have been seriously hurt.

I remember him and Dawn and Denise doing that trail and it was flooded out… I believe that was Laurel Falls. They looked like complete idiots… It was freezing and rushing water and either one of them could have been seriously hurt.
I'd love to see Willy take a tumble on his fat ass. However it wouldn't be caught on camera as he is always the one filming. He would just end up with a busted knee or hip and a broken camera.

Reactions: 4
I'd love to see Willy take a tumble on his fat ass. However it wouldn't be caught on camera as he is always the one filming. He would just end up with a busted knee or hip and a broken camera.
Then he would make up a story about how he got injured when he was jumped by internet trolls. “And now I can’t work because I’m injured and my camera is broken but I don’t expect anybody to send me any money. I am just am asking for your prayers.”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How does one glean from ten seconds of a video that Will got his coffee first and made Dawn wait for hers? For all anyone knows, he could have filmed himself getting hers and then handed it to her. (And before you say that her reflection showed her holding an empty cup, that proves nothing.) How could anyone possibly know that he refuses to buy her a coat? Maybe she happens to like her Columbia jacket, despite how unsuitable it may be for these conditions.

I think enough empty chatter undermines the credibility of the board and distracts from what should be the real objective, to criticize a channel that very often deserves criticism because Will can be so inept. I’ve chosen not to criticize his appearance, or his ability to read well, or his thriftiness, or Dawn’s childlike tendencies. But I do think it’s fair to criticize him for his and his moderators’ despotic banning of people who have anything negative to say (and this board has achieved more transparency from YITS), sloppy homework (or no research at all) on content, his idolization and imitation of fellow YouTubers whose aptitude he will never reach, or still choosing to attend a meet-up when they were very ill and may have even had COVID. But instead of having constructive criticism to consider, he probably just rolls his eyes at a lot of this stuff like who took the first sip of coffee.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: 2
How does one glean from ten seconds of a video that Will got his coffee first and made Dawn wait for hers? For all anyone knows, he could have filmed himself getting hers and then handed it to her. (And before you say that her reflection showed her holding an empty cup, that proves nothing.) How could anyone possibly know that he refuses to buy her a coat? Maybe she happens to like her Columbia jacket, despite how unsuitable it may be for these conditions.

I think enough empty chatter undermines the credibility of the board and distracts from what should be the real objective, to criticize a channel that very often deserves criticism because Will can be so inept. I’ve chosen not to criticize his appearance, or his ability to read well, or his thriftiness, or Dawn’s childlike tendencies. But I do think it’s fair to criticize him for his and his moderators’ despotic banning of people who have anything negative to say (and this board has achieved more transparency from YITS), sloppy homework (or no research at all) on content, his idolization and imitation of fellow YouTubers whose aptitude he will never reach, or still choosing to attend a meet-up when they were very ill and may have even had COVID. But instead of having constructive criticism to consider, he probably just rolls his eyes at a lot of this stuff like who took the first sip of coffee.

Just my opinion.

This is a gossip board. Empty chatter is literally its reason for existence.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Just my opinion.
I said before it is up to Dawn to dress herself correctly for the elements. I never got into the coffee debate as I didn't see it. I do think Dawn should go bezerker on a live stream and scream at him to SHUT UP!! :ROFLMAO:
Now, I do mind my P&Q's for the most part in my everyday life, yes. But the way he treats Dawn and fellow YT, his holier than thou attitude, the way they both have talked crap on other people while reaching out their hand to be grifted? Yep, you and your public channel are fair game.
Now let's talk about his constant lies and back track talking. He acts so worldy and knowledgeable but doesn't possess basic manners. Make fun of his reading? Yep, it's one of the funniest things to me. If he truly struggled or had a learning disability I would leave that alone. He should quit trying to pass himself off as anything other than a meat and potatoes guy in the food realm. Even a humbling, "He guys, I'm going to butcher this". But no, he loves the sound of his own voice.
Laughing at Dawn as she struggles? Making fun of how she looks? He's a bully.
Even to his friend Chris, who has picked up the tab for Willy more often than not. Which is why I think he makes fun of Chris because Chris is better off then Willy.
They stir up drama and then try to play off to the bible belt crowd. I'm not a fan of snake oil con-men that build themselves up and try to act better than everyone. He reads here and that's the reason he is suddenly being complimentary Dawn and the new "oh golly shucks" humble attitude he's been trying to pull lately. He will go back to being Willy, thinking he is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and acting like he is Mayor of Gatlinburg again soon.

Agree this group can get a little vicious at times. But trolls will be trolls when I'm calling out the obvious and not speculating ;)

Ok, your response was WAYYYY better than mine. :)

• Heart
And I considered that. I just think that getting to the heart of the matter on the channel’s many shortcomings that make it a wonder they have 10K subscribers, let alone 67K, is more useful than wild theories and speculation. Anything that is taken seriously is probably more likely to encourage change, unless maybe it’s directed at a content creator whose opinion of himself and his work is already overinflated.

Reactions: 2
Yankee in the South #3: Banning with glee, no winter coat for thee, but send gift cards so we eat for free!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And I considered that. I just think that getting to the heart of the matter on the channel’s many shortcomings that make it a wonder they have 10K subscribers, let alone 67K, is more useful than wild theories and speculation. Anything that is taken seriously is probably more likely to encourage change, unless maybe it’s directed at a content creator whose opinion of himself and his work is already overinflated.
I understand where you are coming from but the willionaire does not take constructive criticism to heart. He, in his own mind, is the best of the best. He will down play his short coming to appear as a humble guy. His treatment of those closest to him is very telling of the type of guy he really is and the public is going to judge him on that behavior.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.