Yankee in the South #2 Do you see that, Dawn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
B o r I n g. 💤 💤
All the content so far in 2022 is just them walking around it seems? either the National Park, Gatlinburg or Dandridge? Seems maybe they are short on cash maybe and can’t film any of their riveting food reviews ?

Reactions: 4
All the content so far in 2022 is just them walking around it seems? either the National Park, Gatlinburg or Dandridge? Seems maybe they are short on cash maybe and can’t film any of their riveting food reviews ?
I’ve noticed that since coming hope from their Mother Road Trip , they have done very little restaurant videos , and the ones they’ve done weren’t hardly any of the big name ones in the Gatlinburg or PF area. Most are out of the way in small shopping centers in other towns in the general area. I’d like to know if this is because of low money , or they’ve been run out of other places. He’s known to trash almost everyplace they have been.

Hole In the Wall
Sticky Floors
Paper Straws
Plastic Plates
Metal Plates
Cheap Metal Silverware
Napkins made of dishcloths
Paper napkins
Salad came too soon
Warm salad
Food was cold
Cheesecake tastes like Kroger frozen pumpkin pie
Waitress was rude
Open seating
Too noisy
Too crowded
Music too loud

and on and on.

Reactions: 7
There are quite a few in the area they have
not done but maybe he is not welcome to
film in some of these places.

He also acted like they were going to Florida early in the year but he did not mention on that last live steam. I guess he was too busy banning people.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Honestly the way that they just showed downtown Gatlinburg makes me have no desire to ever go back there again it is nothing but cheap crap tourist money grabs. I enjoyed it about 12 years ago but even then it was only because I like driving through Cades Cove I actually like the mountains but not the touristy junk. The weird posing by the snowman seemed very scripted like before he turned on the camera he was like “OK Dawn say this” and it’s like she was trying to remember a line or something I don’t know the whole thing was very weird

Reactions: 6
Honestly the way that they just showed downtown Gatlinburg makes me have no desire to ever go back there again it is nothing but cheap crap tourist money grabs.
Agreed. I’ve been there twice ( many years ago) , and the videos now don’t make it look like a place I’d want to vacation in. All the odd assortment of things to do .. Titanic , the Ark , all the country music shows , moonshine stores , t- shirt shops, junky souvenir stores. It’s also so jam packed with people and traffic. It’s sad because it’s ruining what the Smokies should be visited for.
Even a lot of the hikes have long lines of people … not really anyplace to go for a restful and relaxing trip.

Reactions: 4
We started visiting the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area more than 30 years ago. Every year the changes from the previous year make me sad. It’s turned into the I Drive-192 area of Orlando - but with mountains. We rent a cabin and try to stay away from the touristy stuff but we go in the fall and it’s gotten to the point where you can’t even drive Cades Cove anymore without it taking 5 hours.

• Sad
Did I miss something??? Didn't they say they were going to show what's new for '22???? Teardown's and construction sites are not riveting content.
Yeah don't waste your time on today's pointless video.
Will just waddles around Gatlinburg and points out construction sites but he has no IDEAL what any of the businesses will be and what not and what have you. He just gloats at all the empty storefronts that he put out of business with his unfair nitpicky reviews.
At least he didn't lie and make up false information this time though like he usually does about rumors he hears, DON'T GET ME WRONG!
Dawn looks unusually chipper today with a big fake smile for the camera. I think Will is trying to retrain her or testing out some new meds,

Last edited:
  • Haha
Agree with the above. I thought it sounded like a great place to visit. Now it just looks like the trashy sister version of Branson playing up the kitschy hillbilly vibe. These vloggers DO NOT make me want to go eat any of the local places at all. Especially with people like Will that witches about every aspect. I wish the locals would write in to their Chamber of Commerce on one of their many social media sites and state tourists don't want to come here due to the poor representation from our vloggers. Especially certain ones that really paint it in a bad light.
I still wonder how he treats staff or if he tips. You know, being a local celebrity he probably doesn't feel he has to.

Seems to me like he's always watching his back and trying to avoid people because he's afraid of running into "troles" in real life now. The paranoia is getting him now. Also he probably can't dine anywhere in town anymore because he's public enemy #1

scared-paranoid.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
We started visiting the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area more than 30 years ago. Every year the changes from the previous year make me sad. It’s turned into the I Drive-192 area of Orlando - but with mountains. We rent a cabin and try to stay away from the touristy stuff but we go in the fall and it’s gotten to the point where you can’t even drive Cades Cove anymore without it taking 5 hours.
We do the same. We rent a cabin. It is a nice escape for us from Florida. The last time we went the traffic was so bad and it was a hour wait to eat at most restaurants. We were turned off and won’t be going back for several years and it was our annual fall trip. We will have to find a new spot.

Reactions: 5
Seems to me like he's always watching his back and trying to avoid people because he's afraid of running into "troles" in real life now. The paranoia is getting him now. Also he probably can't dine anywhere in town anymore because he's public enemy #1
He should have thought of these things before being a dick to people. It’s hard to grow your channel when no one likes you.

I still wonder how he treats staff or if he tips. You know, being a local celebrity he probably doesn't feel he has to.
I thought they always did us unfortunate normal people a solid and went in disguise, so they didn't get special treatment.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.