Wright At Home/Helen Marie Wright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she actually freezes them. She freezes anything and everything. I might be wrong but I'm sure she actually froze some ready made wok noodles once. They must've been so soggy.
you're right, she freezes almost everything including the fresh noodles, stir fry veg packs, sausage rolls, packs of ham and even the ready cooked chicken bits she gets from the hot chicken counter, they must have cast iron stomachs not to have been ill from it

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I don’t really have a problem with the freezing of stuff-we have frozen all sorts,some of it comes out ok and some of it doesn’t,so we learn from that.

buying lots of sandwiches etc because they are reduced and then having to eat them before they go bad is a bit pointless though.

I love a yellow label but she is just taking it to extreme,if you need some food go and buy it,it doesn’t always have to be a reduced item ffs( I am saying this about her as it seems she is tight rather than struggling for money,I know some people do need to look for reduced items for financial reasons).

Reactions: 3
I don’t really have a problem with the freezing of stuff-we have frozen all sorts,some of it comes out ok and some of it doesn’t,so we learn from that.
me too, im a fan of bulk buying to save money and then portioning for the freezer etc but like you say some things have been a no no for instance I tried freezing a stir fry veg pack after seeing Helen do it numerous times and it was awful, limp and watery and I can't imagine freezing the chicken portions she buys from the hot counter, they're usually dried out by the time they're reduced anyway and she then freezes, defrosts and re heats, no wonder so many of her meals look uber dry 🤣

• Haha
me too, im a fan of bulk buying to save money and then portioning for the freezer etc but like you say some things have been a no no for instance I tried freezing a stir fry veg pack after seeing Helen do it numerous times and it was awful, limp and watery and I can't imagine freezing the chicken portions she buys from the hot counter, they're usually dried out by the time they're reduced anyway and she then freezes, defrosts and re heats, no wonder so many of her meals look uber dry 🤣
Yea we have certainly had a mixed bag when it comes to freezing certain vegetables!

It's the freezing of the cooked chicken and reheating that makes me queasy, having had food poisoning once, I wouldn't risk it.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
It's the freezing of the cooked chicken and reheating that makes me queasy, having had food poisoning once, I wouldn't risk it.
one week she was making "soup" in the slow cooker, with the cooked chicken, left in hot unit, then froze, then defrosted, and put in slow cooker. I was thinking that surely can't be safe

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Has Helen ever mentioned how she manages to use up all the short dated food? Obviously you can freeze some bits like meat and fruit and veg etc doesn’t go off on the date on the packet but sometimes she will pick up loads of ready made salads/sandwiches/sausage rolls etc that you obviously can’t freeze. Would she still use them the next day? I assume she does her yellow label shopping in the evening so I can’t imagine her and the family would have the opportunity to eat a bunch of sandwiches
Danny takes them to work .

Reactions: 1
He takes the ready meals, not sure about the sandwiches. Shop bought sandwiches are rank at the best of times, never mind out of date.

He does take ready meals but also the rolls and sandwiches .

I've said it before but the sausage rolls, pies and hot counter stuff have already been cooked from frozen instore. They shouldn't be refrozen, especially the hot counter chicken, it gives me a stomach twinge just thinking about it 🤢 I can't understand how none of them have been ill!

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I'm sure I heard her say one time that the sandwiches would be used for packups as they were going out the next day on a trip ,they must have been a soggy mess never mind an out of date soggy mess .

• Sick
Reactions: 4
He takes the ready meals, not sure about the sandwiches. Shop bought sandwiches are rank at the best of times, never mind out of date.
A supermarket sandwich is like the last option for me 🤣 stale ones... I can’t think of anything worse, even if it was 13p

• Sick
Reactions: 2
A supermarket sandwich is like the last option for me 🤣 stale ones... I can’t think of anything worse, even if it was 13p
Same. Even the bakery bread is rank at the end of the day, never mind the pre chicken, I bet it’s like eating flip flop.

• Haha
Just watching her latest vlog and shes showing her and Ella having some playtime. Is it normal for a 6 month old to react like that to being on their tummy? Idk she seemed like a 2 month old doing tummy time. I'm not judging i've only got one daughter and she always loved tummy time so ive got nothing to compare it to!

Reactions: 4
Just watching her latest vlog and shes showing her and Ella having some playtime. Is it normal for a 6 month old to react like that to being on their tummy? Idk she seemed like a 2 month old doing tummy time. I'm not judging i've only got one daughter and she always loved tummy time so ive got nothing to compare it to!
I thought the same ! Most 6month olds are rolling over and have better head control by that stage , even pushing their top half off the ground she didn’t seem able to do that, although all kids develop differently she seemed more in line with a much younger baby.

I thought the same ! Most 6month olds are rolling over and have better head control by that stage , even pushing their top half off the ground she didn’t seem able to do that, although all kids develop differently she seemed more in line with a much younger baby.
She is a big baby though so probably finds it uncomfortable. I can’t remember when mine rolled over or sat up etc, it all feels like a fuzzy, distant memory 🤪

She is a big baby though so probably finds it uncomfortable. I can’t remember when mine rolled over or sat up etc, it all feels like a fuzzy, distant memory 🤪
Yeah it's obvious she doesn't do much floor time ,they all develop differently mine were sitting unaided around 6/7 months .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.