Wright At Home/Helen Marie Wright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think most of her meals look bleurgh, they're either dried out meat with rice and sweetcorn and zero sauce or slop with a brick sized slab of mash on it.....oh and not forgetting the "basic red sauce" that she puts with nearly everything else.

Reactions: 5
I love meat in the slow cooker, it's the only way I'll eat beef. I don't find it dry or tasteless. Some of her meals do look rank though, but the stuffed shells she does look lovely.

Reactions: 4
I love meat in the slow cooker, it's the only way I'll eat beef. I don't find it dry or tasteless. Some of her meals do look rank though, but the stuffed shells she does look lovely.
What am I doing wrong!!!! Lmao yeah the stuffed shells look nice.,bless her though I do like her though. I still feel Danny controls her slightly maybe just my assumption.

Reactions: 3
Have to agree, if you use decent quality meat, prepare it properly and make sure you don't over cook, the meat maintains is flavours and texture.

What am I doing wrong!!!! Lmao yeah the stuffed shells look nice.,bless her though I do like her though. I still feel Danny controls her slightly maybe just my assumption.
I always thought Helen was in control, but the past 18 months I get the feeling he is the one in charge and she goes along with it

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I still don’t get controlling vibes from Danny, I get that Danny is more intelligent than Helen and she needs him for reassurance but other than that they seem happy?

Reactions: 6
😂 I've no idea. I always use a slow cooker bag and put the meat in for 7 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Plus a good stock pot in with it.

Stuffed shells do look lovely, you can tell the effort that goes into them

Reactions: 4
Stuffed shells do look lovely, you can tell the effort that goes into them
I actually made them once after watching her, they were very nice, but finicky to make, haven't made them again :ROFLMAO:

😂 I've no idea. I always use a slow cooker bag and put the meat in for 7 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Plus a good stock pot in with it.
I also always use a slow cooker for beef, but I cook mine the day before, slice when cold, make a good gravy out of the stock, pour over and reheat in oven.

Reactions: 5
I actually made them once after watching her, they were very nice, but finicky to make, haven't made them again :ROFLMAO:

I also always use a slow cooker for beef, but I cook mine the day before, slice when cold, make a good gravy out of the stock, pour over and reheat in oven.
Ooh I've heard beef is lovely reheated the next day. I might try doing that one day 😋

Reactions: 1
Has Helen ever mentioned how she manages to use up all the short dated food? Obviously you can freeze some bits like meat and fruit and veg etc doesn’t go off on the date on the packet but sometimes she will pick up loads of ready made salads/sandwiches/sausage rolls etc that you obviously can’t freeze. Would she still use them the next day? I assume she does her yellow label shopping in the evening so I can’t imagine her and the family would have the opportunity to eat a bunch of sandwiches

Is that like, eating sandwiches for the sake of it because they’re gonna go off? Even I’d they’ve had their dinner 😂
I’m sure she said she doesn’t eat all day, she has dinner (the meals she shows on meals of the week) then supper before bed when they have crackers and cheese or fish finger sandwiches 😂

Has Helen ever mentioned how she manages to use up all the short dated food? Obviously you can freeze some bits like meat and fruit and veg etc doesn’t go off on the date on the packet but sometimes she will pick up loads of ready made salads/sandwiches/sausage rolls etc that you obviously can’t freeze. Would she still use them the next day? I assume she does her yellow label shopping in the evening so I can’t imagine her and the family would have the opportunity to eat a bunch of sandwiches
I think she actually freezes them. She freezes anything and everything. I might be wrong but I'm sure she actually froze some ready made wok noodles once. They must've been so soggy.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Was she saying that she needed potatoes so went to Morrisons to see if they had them reduced? I just don't think I could be bothered living my life like that. Really really like her and I've followed for a long time but I am finding she is getting tighter and tighter 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.