Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Triggering/trigger ~ just go live in a cave if you can't be arsed to develop coping mechanisms and instead expect everyone else to tip toe around you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This isn't necessarily a word but more spelling , there is certain words people commonly spell wrong
In Ireland certain accents pronounce our as "are" but they go further to spell it like that .."Are angle Tiramasu turns 2 today ".
Spelling definitely as defiantly (my man does this but he's dyslexic so I feel mean pointing it out but it genuinely bothers me 😂)
And obviously angle for angel but that more so cracks me up now when I see it 😂
"happy 1st birthday to such a cute little angle!" i've lost track of how many posts i read with parents describing their precious babies as "angles!" 😇🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i just saw someone use the phrase "cozzie livs" a slang for "cost of living crisis" on FB, and i actually want to scratch out my eyes. 🤯🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Guesstimate. It sounds so stupid and you could literally use either "guess" or "estimate" on their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tummy
Yummy
Hubby
Mumsy
Awesome
Sumptuous
Scrumptious
Unctuous
Delicious
Empower
Amplify
Penis
Front bum
Treat

Special mention to a former workmate who used to say ‘nummies’ when talking about her toddler eating fruit and veg, like ‘I need to make sure wee Jayden eats his nummies’. bleeping boak 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In my family we call it Picky Bits which I think sounds worse!

I keep hearing youngsters using the word Leng?!
this has just unearthed a memory from when i was a kid and my family used to call what people now call a "picky tea" as "things on a plate" - like "what's for tea?" "things on a plate!" which, in retrospect, was weird! 🤣

Okay. I hate :

Mumma
Moist
Panties
Veggies
Belly
Mucous
Septic.

And thats only scratching the surface.

Reactions: 4