Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Guys' ....when people use it to address a group of people whether it be men, women, children or a mixed group. Its cringe level 5 for me.

Reactions: 7
I saw a hair product ad on tv tonight. PTSD has made me forget the brand. The voiceover distinctly said ‘smoothening’. Bloody SMOOTHENING!!!!

What is the world coming to? Tsk!!! I might combust
I know! But I hate even more, the one that claims to give your hair a 'shot of hyaluronic acid '. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Pinkie finger … I was following a piano tutorial online earlier, and every time the guy said pinkie I wanted to punch him.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love.

Complete strangers call me love. I don't want to be called that. If my OH called me that I'd probably chin him. Yes I'm feisty. I have an actual name. Use it.

Panties. Makes me think of some creepy pervert
Pal. Usually used by some random man I don’t even know.
I also have a totally irrational loathing of the word “siblings”. I just hate the sound of it, makes me think of nibbling. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
These are two phrases I cannot stand, and am hearing a lot of lately. Their use boils my blood, ir really does. They are:
- renters
- rough sleepers.
These persons are human beings whose living circumstance does not define them.
More appropriate phrases would be :
- those that rent
- those that sleep rough.
Oh, and another i hate : Old age pensioner. How awful is that? Much more respectful : Senior Citizen.

"curate" is so overused, especially by influencers who have never really worked in art/fashion.

Reactions: 5
Label when used to describe a medical condition, usually Autism

Differently abled. What's wrong with disabled?

Reactions: 2