Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LITERALLY
Panties
"Cope" - either the trendy internet use to mean something like "in denial", or talk about "coping strategies / coping mechanisms" which were frequently brought up when I was being treated for an eating disorder
Pussy
"Eggless" - sneering misogynistic insult aimed at supposedly menopausal women (I say supposedly because this often comes from people who think the menopause happens at like 30 or 35 years of age)
Bachelorette
Referring to a woman's female friends as "girlfriends." I find this both patronising (we don't call a man's male friends his boyfriends) and confusing, since I'm bisexual and have many bi or lesbian friends
Spenny/spendy
"Jammy" in any sense of the term (can be used to mean lucky, or as a synonym for sticky - Sali Hughes frequently complains about "jammy lip gloss" which annoys the hell out of me)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
(Phrases rather than words)
When people say “to be fair” before sticking up for someone or when someone says “this is such a reach”. UGH

Reactions: 2
Any word is ruined for me if it ends in a T or K and is pronounced with an extra harsh emphasis on that last sound. 😖

Also unpleasant:

Littles
Mumsie
Normalize

Any word is ruined for me if it ends in a T or K and is pronounced with an extra harsh emphasis on that last sound. 😖

Also unpleasant:

Littles
Mumsie
Normalize
Even more so when a word doesn't end with a K, yet people pounce it as though it is, with huge emphasis on the last letter - somethinK, nothinK etc. 🤢

Reactions: 3
'Reads' instead of books. Or 'x was a great read'. It's a book, it's a given that you read it, I don't need clarification that it was great for reading rather than setting fire to.

READ IS A VERB NOT A NOUN.

Reactions: 1
Hearing commenters stutter out the word preparedness (used frequently in the discussion of the COVID enquiry).
Is preparation not trendy enough? :unsure:

Reactions: 1
I have an irrational dislike of sandwich and roll related words that are not sandwich or roll:

Bap
Butty
Sarnie
Piece

Reactions: 4
HAMPER 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
claggy 🤮
queer (bleeping offensive tbh)
The wife / misses

and

witch/slut/bleep
"cis"
gender "disphoria"
birthing person
uterus havers
basically anything misogynistic I deeply detest

---
Oh gosh I just saw a Menty B
As in mental breakdown, see also Nervy B
these make me LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I saw a hair product ad on tv tonight. PTSD has made me forget the brand. The voiceover distinctly said ‘smoothening’. Bloody SMOOTHENING!!!!

What is the world coming to? Tsk!!! I might combust

• Haha
Reactions: 2