Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are only a few and to even type these makes my skin crawl
Tummy (when adults use it)
Fart
Undies
Fit (instead of outfit 🤢)
Make love
Poo (when talking to an adult)
Thats all I can think of for now but I'll probably be back later with more because there is loads.

Reactions: 4
Cheating as two words but ‘the pandemic’ referring to covid really annoys me, it’s it the only one there ever was!

Reactions: 1
The American saying 'screwed the pooch'. As in, yeah I really screwed the pooch on this one. 😖😖😖 Hate it.

OK, here we go.
I hate when people say 'hun' like 'hey hun'
Tummy - I cringe when I hear adults say tummy. Even when my kids say 'my tummy hurts' I'm like 'oh your stomach is hurting is it'

I hate the words penis and vagina. Just sounds horrible 🤣

My nan calls a fart a 'bottom burp' Makes me cringe, just call it a fart!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
OK, here we go.
I hate when people say 'hun' like 'hey hun'
Tummy - I cringe when I hear adults say tummy. Even when my kids say 'my tummy hurts' I'm like 'oh your stomach is hurting is it'

I hate the words penis and vagina. Just sounds horrible 🤣

My nan calls a fart a 'bottom burp' Makes me cringe, just call it a fart!
Yes to the stomach thing, don't even wanna type the other word 😂

Heard a woman describe her sister in law as a bum, you’re an adult just call her an arse ffs 🤦‍♀️

The phrase “kind of day”, this guy on my FB with the worst patter uses it a lot, like “it’s a new car kind of day” and “family wedding kind of day” I want to punch him square in the face.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I hate the word numpty - it just rubs me the wrong way and I know I’m probably alone here.

Same as bless, specifically bless you, I find it very patronising. Esp when used with an aaaaaw.

The below aren’t so much the words but the way they’re used;

literally, usually followed by anything but.

obviously, again usually when speaking about something that isn’t so.

Heard a woman describe her sister in law as a bum, you’re an adult just call her an arse ffs 🤦‍♀️

The phrase “kind of day”, this guy on my FB with the worst patter uses it a lot, like “it’s a new car kind of day” and “family wedding kind of day” I want to punch him square in the face.
Omg this. There is a girl who puts everything on Facebook, the most pointless mundane things. She's also in her 30s and spells like she's still on bebo. "straight hair kinda day" or whatever she is having for dinner "tuna pasta kinda day , fish and veg kinda day" or she will name of her entire outfit "Nike leggings, denim jacket kinda day" its non stop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This isn't necessarily a word but more spelling , there is certain words people commonly spell wrong
In Ireland certain accents pronounce our as "are" but they go further to spell it like that .."Are angle Tiramasu turns 2 today ".
Spelling definitely as defiantly (my man does this but he's dyslexic so I feel mean pointing it out but it genuinely bothers me 😂)
And obviously angle for angel but that more so cracks me up now when I see it 😂

Reactions: 2