Women with ADHD - diagnosis in adulthood

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I've been watching this thread for a while.

Finally went to the doctors last week and I've been sent to a private doctor. As off shore is limited with adult mental.

Glad I went to the doctors though, but going and telling a stranger every crap character trait you have is scary.

Just waiting for my appointment now to come through.

But in the mean time does anyone have any ideas on what mine help? Etc essential oils, nutrition or exercise? Literally anything to help me keep it together.

Everything I can find gears towards children.

Thank you! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Finally went to the doctors last week and I've been sent to a private doctor. As off shore is limited with adult mental.

Glad I went to the doctors though, but going and telling a stranger every crap character trait you have is scary.

But in the mean time does anyone have any ideas on what mine help? Etc essential oils, nutrition or exercise? Literally anything to help me keep it together.

Thank you! X
Additude.com website is really helpful for strategies

Thank you! X
Omega 3,6,9 is good.
A good diet will help for anything, I do exercise, I find cardio is my form of meditation, sleep too if you can

Reactions: 2
I literally lost 2 bank cards in 3 months which really upset me. I spent 6 hours hyperfocusing on a work project yesterday (that was due today). My habits are ruining my health!! I am anxious I’m stil Lon a waiting list after 8 months!! Also I’m nervous that I’m going to be moving in December and I’m going to not be in the catchment area for the local ADHD Clinic so will probably have to start the process all over again 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone & fellow ADDERS. I'm a mature woman who over the past five years realised I have lived with Asperger's & ADD since childhood.

Always felt different. Felt I was seeing life from a different perspective to my peers. Never really fitted in anywhere and had and have a strong need for solitary time.
I identify so much with all these posts. Losing things, having no routine, zoning out, verbal diarrhea at times. Reading something & instantly forgetting everything.

Cluttered & disorganised home. Taking up hobbies, collecting all the equipment and then losing interest. I could write endlessly.
I got a diagnosis of Asperger's privately & I'm fairly certain it fits but the final piece of the puzzle was discovering the traits of ADHD.

I have had a few giggles at your sharing because it is so funny to know so many people struggle like I do. Funny maybe not the word, but I did laugh about all the planners and diary's which never get used. Mine never get used as I can't find them to write anything in.
It's good to know you are not alone & there is a reason why things which seem simple to others, are so difficult for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm starting to feel I may have this too.

At school I was never naughty or anything, I just would find it hard to concentrate but more just zone out than mess on. I would get new school writing books each week as I would forget or lose them. I never revised for a single exam as my brain just couldn't work out how to.

Now I am terribly unorganised. I lose my bank card on at least a weekly basis. I will freeze it and sometimes find it, but I end up needing a new card once every 1-2 months.

I'm also really messy and it drives my husband up the wall. For example, I will take some food out of a packet and leave the packet on the kitchen bench or even sometimes next to the bin. It's not that I'm lazy I just get distracted. I forget certain things very easily (like passwords). I can forget a password within a minute of changing it.

I find I talk over people and will start talking before someone has finished what they're saying. Sometimes I also will zone out when people are telling a story 🙈

I'm terrible at making decisions, especially small ones like what sauce to have with my steak in a restaurant. I'll get stuck on the spot and tell my husband to choose for me 😅

I don't want to go to a Dr and for them to think I'm just being over the top and just wanting to label myself with something if that makes sense. And I don't think I would take medication anyway so is there much point?

Reactions: 7
Re losing bank cards. I turned my house upside down looking for mine this morning. Finally had to leave without it (panicking) only to find it on the passengers seat of my car. Was replaced a couple of months ago. Had only mislaid that one too! Argh.

Reactions: 1
I probably zoned out at school but I’m clever so I probably managed to catch up without realizing that’s what I was doing. Or I read a head, did the work then daydreamed for the rest of the class. I solved the lost bank card problem when banking got easier and I could open several accounts! I only ever had one PIN number in my life - I change all new cards to this one pin. It’s so exhausting!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I probably zoned out at school but I’m clever so I probably managed to catch up without realizing that’s what I was doing. Or I read a head, did the work then daydreamed for the rest of the class. I solved the lost bank card problem when banking got easier and I could open several accounts! I only ever had one PIN number in my life - I change all new cards to this one pin. It’s so exhausting!
That's it! I've recently started saying its exhausting being this unorganised 😥

Re losing bank cards. I turned my house upside down looking for mine this morning. Finally had to leave without it (panicking) only to find it on the passengers seat of my car. Was replaced a couple of months ago. Had only mislaid that one too! Argh.
Recently lost my driving licence. Convinced myself it was gone forever; then my OH found it in the back of his wallet where I’d put it when I went to collect a parcel about two months ago.

Apple Pay will change your life… ✌🏼

this post just reminded me I’ve forgotten my PIN..

Three bank accounts, three cards. Most I’ve lost at the same time - two
One iPhone- one lost phone!
Avoid Virgin credit cards! They are smooth on both sides so they just slip out of any pocket you stuff them into!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.