Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow a physiotherapist who shows stretches on instagram - she said she now doesn't show her feet in her videos because of how many comments from men it was attracting.

We can't even use our bodies to do normal, healthy stuff without perverts ruining it.
I used to be in a running club and then a boot camp which operated outside in a local park. I literally cannot count the number of times we’d get men shouting ‘encouragement’ at us, beeping their horns, shouting unintelligible wooaaarrrrr noises at us or just standing watching us. FFS, we’re just bleeping exercising. Is there nothing that women can do which men won’t try to ruin somehow?

• Angry
Reactions: 21
My friend sent this to me and I’m absolutely horrified. I thought it was a joke or satire to start with but it’s serious.

I hate men who use religion, any religion, to control women like this. She’s his wife and there seems to be no affection towards her at all.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Soldier in Ireland launches an unprovoked attack on a random woman in the street. Beats her unconscious and avoids jail because of his job, despite the fact that he tried to blame her for his actions. Meanwhile, she’s left unable to work because of the trauma.

Judge Tom O'Donnell, said that Crotty’s actions on the night were "utterly appalling" and he had "no doubt" that if he imposed a jail sentence on him, his army "career is over".

The judge also tries to gaslight the victim into believing the perpetrator did a good think by admitting his guilt:

Judge Tom O’Donnell wished Ms O’Brien well and asked her if she understood "the significance" of Crotty’s guilty plea in that it had eliminated the necessity for a trial which would have compounded her trauma, and that if Crotty had contested the case, it would have been prolonged by approximately 18 months.

So much for tackling violence against women.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I read that yesterday and it gave me the absolute rage. ‘We’re doing you a favour by letting him off the hook. You should be grateful to us, really’. Disgraceful.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
I am incandescent with rage regarding that judge allowing that solider to walk free. :mad: Thankfully most right minded decent people are appalled and are taking to the streets in Ireland today to protest.

The judge needs to be severely chastised. That repellent soldier should be immediately dismissed from the Army, given a jail sentence and the victim adequately compensated both morally and financially.

• Angry
Reactions: 15

It’s not gone down well. In the words of that lady’s sign that’s posted a lot - I can’t believe we still have to protest this tit

Reactions: 17
Just so sick of violence (and especially sexual violence) against women being dismissed and not appropriately dealt with by justice systems. This happened in Germany, but it’s representative of what’s going on everywhere imo. I don’t care where the men concerned were born or what their cultural heritage is. They’ve committed a despicable crime and should be punished. The psychiatrist should stop with the pseudobabble and start thinking about the young female victim who will be traumatised for life.

Psychiatrist Nahlah Saimeh, who reportedly appeared before the court as an expert witness, said in a controversial interviewwith Spiegel that the gang rape may have been a way to vent “frustration” due to “migration experiences and sociocultural homelessness”.

“Sex is also a means of venting frustration and anger, a means of warding off sadness and emptiness, and in a group of men with the same fate it also creates identity and strengthens the group feeling.”

She added, “The victim becomes a pure instrument for their own sexual gratification. It’s about an immediate need, opportunity, inner conviction and the right of the stronger.”

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...e/news-story/353bcbf9437ea62eea0ee3c6cc0c2cc7

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Just so sick of violence (and especially sexual violence) against women being dismissed and not appropriately dealt with by justice systems. This happened in Germany, but it’s representative of what’s going on everywhere imo. I don’t care where the men concerned were born or what their cultural heritage is. They’ve committed a despicable crime and should be punished. The psychiatrist should stop with the pseudobabble and start thinking about the young female victim who will be traumatised for life.

Psychiatrist Nahlah Saimeh, who reportedly appeared before the court as an expert witness, said in a controversial interviewwith Spiegel that the gang rape may have been a way to vent “frustration” due to “migration experiences and sociocultural homelessness”.

“Sex is also a means of venting frustration and anger, a means of warding off sadness and emptiness, and in a group of men with the same fate it also creates identity and strengthens the group feeling.”

She added, “The victim becomes a pure instrument for their own sexual gratification. It’s about an immediate need, opportunity, inner conviction and the right of the stronger.”

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...e/news-story/353bcbf9437ea62eea0ee3c6cc0c2cc7
How bleeping dare they use this line of excusing and explaining the crime away! It isn’t sex they are talking about - it is rape. How dare they suggest it was a way for them to deal with their sadness and emptiness and to create bonds of friendships. They were fulfilling an immediate need for sex were they? No one needs sex. You can desire it, feel great urges but you do not need it. This was their choice to assert their strength and violence upon a woman and treat her in an inhumane and violent fashion. Inner conviction my arse. They treated her worse than an animal because they could. Because rather than being ostracised and hated or having violence inflicted on them, they get this level of understanding and talk of their sadness and emptiness.

They did it because they could. Because they are violent, pathetic cunts who decided to use a woman as a receptacle. Because men like this feel so entitled to our bodies that they do not view us as humans - just things to use and if necessary, to discard.

I feel so furious with this mealy mouthed placating bullshit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

Women’s lives are cheap.
What would they do if women and girls took revenge? Because I wouldn’t judge a woman or girl who inflicted the same amount of harm back onto her perpetrator.

Women’s lives are cheap.
What would they do if women and girls took revenge? Because I wouldn’t judge a woman or girl who inflicted the same amount of harm back onto her perpetrator.
I’d want to help them. I am so sick of this. It’s getting worse for woman and girls. It was not meant to be like this. We were supposed to be going towards equality, not hurtling to a complete lack of interest from authorities and law makers in our safety.

• Heart
I've given up on the idea that women are going to see any kind of glimpse of liberation from male violence in our lifetime. The advice I want to give to my nieces is don't date, don't marry, don't have kids, it's so so grim out there.

• Sad
We were supposed to be going towards equality, not hurtling to a complete lack of interest from authorities and law makers in our safety.
I agree. And I don’t know what can be done to change it. It’s not all due to religion or immigration because men attack women and girls of the same background to them.

Reactions: 9
I just don't understand how it keeps happening... There are baby boys born today who will grow up to be rapists and beat up women.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Saw this online - I googled to see if it was true as I sounded so ridiculous and I found a few articles that seem to confirm the story. One article in German which I had to use Google translate said it was one complaint from 140 the police were investigating.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Saw this online - I googled to see if it was true as I sounded so ridiculous and I found a few articles that seem to confirm the story. One article in German which I had to use Google translate said it was one complaint from 140 the police were investigating.

Absolutely unbelievable....
I despair for the future of women and young girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I mean, on one end of the spectrum is the utterly naked unleashed misogyny of the Taliban who show the world exactly what can happen to women when the men who hate them can run around with abandon.

On the other are the imperfect systems like the Police and judiciary that we hoped would protect us, but the overarching message feels like, "You might think you're safe, we're still in charge, so know your place."

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13