Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Student nurse, 41, threatened her boyfriend, 40, she was 'going to find someone else to have sex with' if he didn't get her pregnant within a month and taunted him over his weight, hair and breath | Daily Mail Online

Just reading this story online, and it breaks my heart.
Yes, I know women are more likely to be abused by a male partner, than vice versa; but this is just awful.

Hopefully, with her name and photo out there; she won't find another partner to abuse.

A student nurse as well, this is going to help her career....

I wish him well.
Stories like this make the media because its so rare. Interesting she got a sentence - albeit suspended - when women are subjected to extreme control and violence and men get a slap on the risk. I feel for her victim and I hope he's ok and can start to rebuild his life.

Reactions: 20
The papers will have been wetting their pants over this. It happeens so often with male abusers that it doesn't even make the news.

Reactions: 19
With the general election, I really do not know who to vote for?

Keir Starmer has said that he is unsure if a woman has a penis.....please!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
With the general election, I really do not know who to vote for?

Keir Starmer has said that he is unsure if a woman has a penis.....please!!!
It’s a shame that while our prime minister candidate is unsure, men who want to abuse women are sure, and men who want to abuse transgender women are sure. Maybe he could do a tour of some prisons and get some help with clarification.

Reactions: 9
I posted this on the real crime thread but need to share if here too. The judges comments have really angered me.

Absolutely appalling comments from the judge. And it reminds me of the C4 ‘experiment’ of The Trial. Man cleared of murdering his wife. Guilty of manslaughter. Sentenced to 6 years. Only has to serve 2/3rds.

“There were dozens of call outs to the police, but most of these I am sure involved exaggerated or false claims by Dawn against you.”

The woman is now dead. Killed by her husband. Nobody gets to hear her side. And it’s all her fault. This judge is an absolute disgrace.

---

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I posted this on the real crime thread but need to share if here too. The judges comments have really angered me.

Absolutely appalling comments from the judge. And it reminds me of the C4 ‘experiment’ of The Trial. Man cleared of murdering his wife. Guilty of manslaughter. Sentenced to 6 years. Only has to serve 2/3rds.

“There were dozens of call outs to the police, but most of these I am sure involved exaggerated or false claims by Dawn against you.”

The woman is now dead. Killed by her husband. Nobody gets to hear her side. And it’s all her fault. This judge is an absolute disgrace.

---
The perpetrator’s response of strangling a woman to death was ‘justifiable’ according to the judge. Absolutely unbelievable.

————————————————————————————————————

Data from the British Transport Police shows that sexual offences against women and girls using London Transport have risen by 33%, with many not being reported at all. Every day we read of sickening attacks on females. I’m sure the availability and consumption of pxrn and the lack of holding men and boys to account for their actions has a lot to do with this.

Sex offences against young women up 33% - BTP https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c066g6n504mo

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-is-why-we-need-to-pay-close-attention-to-it

This is worrying, and of course, Sikh women were not consulted. We know that abusive men often use processes such as legal proceedings as another form of controlling their former partners.

One woman who sought a divorce from her abusive husband was told it was her duty to be “patient” with him, and that she would receive justice in the afterlife. Another was forced to mediate with her controlling and abusive husband, even though she had obtained a protection order from a secular court that blocked his contact with her children due to his violence.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
A sobering article in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/comment...extent-is-a-first-step?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Mark Rowley, head of the Metropolitan police, described the extent of violent crime committed by men against women as “eye-watering”. In a report last week for the London policing board, he said that with up to 4 million mostly male perpetrators of violence against women and children in England and Wales, the scale of the problem is “beyond policing and justice system capacity”.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Which means it's embedded into society and we, as women, are meant to just bleeping put up with it? Ffs.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
A sobering article in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/comment...extent-is-a-first-step?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Mark Rowley, head of the Metropolitan police, described the extent of violent crime committed by men against women as “eye-watering”. In a report last week for the London policing board, he said that with up to 4 million mostly male perpetrators of violence against women and children in England and Wales, the scale of the problem is “beyond policing and justice system capacity”.

Probably doesn't help that police forces employ many of these men either.

And if the POLICE is saying the problem is basically too big for them, how are women and children supposed to feel?

Depressing.

Reactions: 19
News broke overnight a football club dropped its entire women’s section. There’s been an outcry online and the board members who made the decision have now stepped down. Still how sad for the girls and women to know they were so easily thrown away in the first place

Criticism after football club drops women's team https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cevv80k0grno

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
There’s an amazing woman on Instagram called Tilly Rose who has been struggling with crazy symptoms for years, and fobbed off despite them being severe and visible. She finally had to go to Germany for a diagnosis.
I thought Tilly may have her own thread but can see she doesn’t. What do you make of the Germany stuff? I can’t help but have a niggling feeling that she’s being fed a dream by the clinic as the issues seem never ending. It must be costing her family an absolute fortune and doesn’t seem to be making her better.

Reactions: 3
I thought Tilly may have her own thread but can see she doesn’t. What do you make of the Germany stuff? I can’t help but have a niggling feeling that she’s being fed a dream by the clinic as the issues seem never ending. It must be costing her family an absolute fortune and doesn’t seem to be making her better.
I’m interested in this too - she keeps popping up on my instagram. It does seem crazy how much she’s had to fight for answers. I really hope I’m wrong but I got the same niggling feeling about the clinic. Maybe I’m just too sceptical, but it does seem like she’s going through a terrible ordeal but not really getting much better?

Reactions: 4
She’s put so much faith in the diagnosis she received there, and then the repeat surgeries with so many complications and risks. Just makes me really uneasy - like the slightly out-there cancer clinics abroad that people crowdfund to go to then have to pay for ongoing “regimes” that I’m always a bit dubious about.

Am not a medic so would love to hear a medical take on what’s been going on. I did google some of the infusion stuff she’s talked about having from one doctor for hypo/hyperthermia but couldn’t really make sense of what I was reading!

Reactions: 4
When you’re chronically ill, it’s easy to put your faith in whoever offers you hope. I really hope she’s not being taken for a ride. There are a number of people who’ve been through the same surgery (though she does seem to have had unprecedented complications, and needed multiple experimental things) so fingers crossed it’s going to bring her relief at some point.

Reactions: 7