Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to think like that and I agree that's what you have to say to get some men to see it but it was pointed out to me that women only become worth treating decently because they are a man's daughter, a man's mother or man's sister. Those men shouldn't treat a woman like a piece of tit in the first place!

Like when you see a man make a sleazy hit on a woman then realise she has a boyfriend only to see them apologise to the boyfriend and not the actual woman.
I absolutely agree that men should not treat women like that in the first place. But sometimes the putting it on a personal level is the only way to get through to them, especially when the herd mentality of them egging each other on kicks in. If they’re defence is ‘it was just a bit of fun’ just one of them standing up and saying ‘she didn’t look like she thought it was fun’ might be enough to give them pause for thought and reflect on the women they know and care about and put themselves in those wonen’s shoes.

Reactions: 11
The amount of vile shite that was spewed my way whilst in school uniform still infuriates me. I was always a tall child so it started in year 5 so wouldn't have been more than 10 at the most. What bloody normal person looks at a kid and thinks, "phwoar!"?? Then throughout secondary school.

To always be on defence mode is exhausting. Not just physically but mentally too. I swear one of the main reasons I started eating excessively and gaining weight was to prevent creeps from being interested.
I look quite young for my age and when I was in my early 20s, a man who looked to be late 30s at least shouted out "if only I was 10 years younger!"

The insanity to think it's okay to tell someone (who you assume) is underage or too young that you are attracted to them.

Potentially making a girl/woman feel uncomfortable because you as a man for some reason must let her know you find her attractive, even if you suspect you shouldn't.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I look quite young for my age and when I was in my early 20s, a man who looked to be late 30s at least shouted out "if only I was 10 years younger!"

The insanity to think it's okay to tell someone (who you assume) is underage or too young that you are attracted to them.

Potentially making a girl/woman feel uncomfortable because you as a man for some reason must let her know you find her attractive, even if you suspect you shouldn't.
When I was ten two men in their twenties walked past me and called me a cocksucker. I had to ask my aunt later what it meant.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I'll never get over the casualness of cat callers... Men who do it from their branded work vans or while wearing a uniform and don't care they could be sacked for that.

My brother had it with his driving instructor...he was driving and the instructor asked him to rate women on the street out of 10. He reported it to the company as sexist and also distracting while he was learning to drive!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
I remember being in a pub garden and there was a family there with their kids. All the kids were around 10-12 and having fun running around. Nothing wrong with that. We could see many groups of lads laughing at one of the young girls and wondering why they were pointing and laughing, and even a few “wayheys” thrown about. The girl was wearing a red t-shirt with what initially looked like the Maltesers logo. But on closer inspection, our whole table was absolutely horrified that the t-shirt said “Manteaser” in the Maltesers lettering. What parent let their kid wear that? This was around 25 years ago, but that was no excuse. It was sickening back then, but I don’t feel like the world has come any further when it comes to this tit. 😤

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
That’s so creepy!
At my cousins wedding, one of his guests said to me ‘if only I was younger!’. He was in his early 40s and I was 13.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I wasn't underage, but I had my cousin's creepy godfather touching me in ways I didn't want him to at her wedding. Onlookers just thought it was funny. I very quietly threatened to take him outside and break his nose if he touched me again.

The sleaze started for me when I was still at primary school, too. Not that it should make a difference, but I always looked quite a lot younger than I was, so it wasn't boys and men mistaking me for someone older. I was never allowed my hair cut because my mum liked my long blond hair, even though it seemed to attract attention I didn't want. It all came off when I was 14 and it hasn't been longer than a short bob since then.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Did anyone see the story on the BBC homepage about women's only co-working spaces being at threat of shut down? One in New York which didn't allow a man in was taken to court for discrimination. They're allowed their old boys clubs, but we're not allowed a breather from men.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
On YouTube this week I listened to a demonstration by schoolgirls and their parents about the girls (focus on one in particular) being sexually assaulted by two to four males (one being the lookout) in the toilets.
It seems that despite their complaints and distress the teachers were sweeping the issue under the carpet. The school was in Dover and no doubt due to "sensitivity" around the males nobody was willing to react.
Now I'm not aware of the toilets situation in schools, maybe Unisex, but it's really worrying what our younger sisters are facing. That nasty specimen Tate has exacerbated these vile attitudes.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
On YouTube this week I listened to a demonstration by schoolgirls and their parents about the girls (focus on one in particular) being sexually assaulted by two to four males (one being the lookout) in the toilets.
It seems that despite their complaints and distress the teachers were sweeping the issue under the carpet. The school was in Dover and no doubt due to "sensitivity" around the males nobody was willing to react.
Now I'm not aware of the toilets situation in schools, maybe Unisex, but it's really worrying what our younger sisters are facing. That nasty specimen Tate has exacerbated these vile attitudes.
I don't think it matters if toilets are labelled male and female because guys like this know they don't have CCTV, they can block access and it's her word against his :(

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Women in the upper echelons of the film industry have it hard enough without creeps like him making it even more difficult. People will say that his victims should have refused or stood up for themselves, but the ones that did had their careers sabotaged. It always did puzzle me why Mira Sorvino and Ashley Judd disappeared suddenly and why there was so much trash talk about Judd especially.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I believe the rise in girls claiming to be non-binary is a result of toxic masculinity. Trying to withdraw from the “game”.
I have come across a young woman on social media claiming to be asexual . She has also had a very closeted upbringing...

Reactions: 1
With asexuality I find it difficult when people put it in the same category as being non binary or women/girls trying to escape from toxic masculinity. Some women just aren’t sexual or have little to no interest in sex. I think culture shames women if they are over sexual and shames women if they are under sexual. We can never win.

Reactions: 11
With asexuality I find it difficult when people put it in the same category as being non binary or women/girls trying to escape from toxic masculinity. Some women just aren’t sexual or have little to no interest in sex. I think culture shames women if they are over sexual and shames women if they are under sexual. We can never win.
It's the same with everything, we're "too" or "not enough".

Reactions: 4
The noisy asexual types are definitely trying to earn some LGBTQ+ cachet. I fell down a rabbit hole about it once and came across the ridiculous phenomenon of "promiscuous ace", which means fond of casual sex but claiming not to be attracted to their partners as people. Attention-seeking batshittery.

• Haha
Reactions: 7