Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same with tax on sanitary products....or did David Cameron manage to remove that?
Don’t think it was as far back as Cameron, in any case, it’s only been reduced to 5% sadly, not removed altogether. The tories clearly believe that periods are a luxurious choice 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 8
You are not entitled to a girlfriend just by existing. We're not accessories to your dick and until men, of this sort, realise that, it won't be helped.

I'm currently not dating because my peace is worth more to me than having someone disturb it and I'm not alone in that viewpoint.

We don't need to be mothers, wives, or sold off to the highest bidder. We can live alone. Work hours we want and spend our money and time on whatever we want.

That's what people need to accept and not think they're owed 😡

Sorry, I'm a bit ranty this morning.
They're not entitled to girlfriends and they're certainly not entitled to the 19-year-old supermodels who are, weirdly, also virgins desperate to have 10 children, they believe they are.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
it’s only been reduced to 5% sadly, not removed altogether.
Quoting myself to say that yes, it has actually been removed, but the sodding manufacturers have only passed on a 1% saving to women. Might as well have not bloody bothered. Pun intended.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Has anyone seen this?

A train driver took upskirt photos of a female passenger while she was asleep. So apparently, women aren’t even safe from staff on public transport.
I don't think the sentence is high enough at all. He was at his place of work (a Thameslink train, wearing his Thameslink uniform, off duty on his way home) and acted like this towards a customer who's ticket pays his wages. That woman will never feel at ease on a train ever again. And even reading about his actions in the papers will effect alot of women who now have that in the back of their minds.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Yep. Completely agree.

My sister saw a man taking photos up the skirt of a sleeping woman on a train once (he was another passenger) and reported him to BTP. They stopped him and deleted the photos then just sent him on his way.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I was physically assaulted and the BTP just sent my assailant on his way. They then recommended I didn’t get back on the tube but got a taxi home instead. 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I was physically assaulted and the BTP just sent my assailant on his way. They then recommended I didn’t get back on the tube but got a taxi home instead. 🤬
Disgusting!
The onus is always placed on females to protect themselves, and not on males to stop attacking females.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
I can think of two quite frightening situations I've been put in by violent and intimdiating men, where onlookers made excuses for them because they were in a less privileged position than me. One was homeless or a street drinker, the other one was clearly having a serious mental health episode. The second one tried to punch me in the face and someone with him told me "he didn't mean it."

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I've just remembered a similar situation, "he doesn't know what he's doing, you need to just push him away when he starts that", my then-partner about his uncle, when he groped me in front of a room of people at a party, during what I later found out was a psychotic episode.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
A few years ago, a delivery driver on a London street said something sexual to me as I walked by. When I replied with 'duck off', he aggressively said 'someone needs to teach you some manners'.

I took a photo of his vehicle and when I got to work, had a good cry and it shook me up for the rest of the day.

I reported him to the company (logo was huge in the side of the van).

My boyfriend and friends I told about this were shocked, saying 'but don't you feel bad that he could get sacked'. Er nope, not at all!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
We get guilt tripped about that. It's worse when whoever is doing the guilting drags in the man's family and how unfair it is on them if he loses his job.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
A few years ago, a delivery driver on a London street said something sexual to me as I walked by. When I replied with 'duck off', he aggressively said 'someone needs to teach you some manners'.

I took a photo of his vehicle and when I got to work, had a good cry and it shook me up for the rest of the day.

I reported him to the company (logo was huge in the side of the van).

My boyfriend and friends I told about this were shocked, saying 'but don't you feel bad that he could get sacked'. Er nope, not at all!
Had this a lot when I was young. If social media and easy access to their employers was available then I would have reported. Some of the sexual harassment was when I was in school uniform. If they lost their job, good, explain that away to your wives and children. This stuff is not acceptable.

• Angry
The amount of vile shite that was spewed my way whilst in school uniform still infuriates me. I was always a tall child so it started in year 5 so wouldn't have been more than 10 at the most. What bloody normal person looks at a kid and thinks, "phwoar!"?? Then throughout secondary school.

To always be on defence mode is exhausting. Not just physically but mentally too. I swear one of the main reasons I started eating excessively and gaining weight was to prevent creeps from being interested.

• Heart
  • Wow
Had this a lot when I was young. If social media and easy access to their employers was available then I would have reported. Some of the sexual harassment was when I was in school uniform. If they lost their job, good, explain that away to your wives and children. This stuff is not acceptable.
My son’s then girlfriend was cat-called by a group of workmen in their works van one morning while on her way to work. She took the employer's details from the side of the van and emailed them what had happened, what they had said and how it made her feel. She made it clear she did not want them to be sacked but would like them to reflect on what they had said without knowing anything of her personal circumstances and consider what their reaction would have been if they had witnessed it happening to their daughter, wife, g/friend, sister,etc. She received a letter of apology, not only from the company but from each of the individuals concerned, clearly individually written and actually sounding quite sincere.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My son’s then girlfriend was cat-called by a group of workmen in their works van one morning while on her way to work. She took the employer's details from the side of the van and emailed them what had happened, what they had said and how it made her feel. She made it clear she did not want them to be sacked but would like them to reflect on what they had said without knowing anything of her personal circumstances and consider what their reaction would have been if they had witnessed it happening to their daughter, wife, g/friend, sister,etc. She received a letter of apology, not only from the company but from each of the individuals concerned, clearly individually written and actually sounding quite sincere.
That is actually a very good way of handling it. My preference is to kick them in the bollocks but actually she has reported them so they are on their Employers radar as causing reputational harm, they must have been so embarrassed , but also had reflected on what they were doing. The trouble with a lot of these Neanderthals is they don’t make the connection that the female they are harassing is a daughter, a mother, a sister. If they have female relatives, unless they are complete cretins as apples to partial ones, it must give them pause for thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That is actually a very good way of handling it. My preference is to kick them in the bollocks but actually she has reported them so they are on their Employers radar as causing reputational harm, they must have been so embarrassed , but also had reflected on what they were doing. The trouble with a lot of these Neanderthals is they don’t make the connection that the female they are harassing is a daughter, a mother, a sister. If they have female relatives, unless they are complete cretins as apples to partial ones, it must give them pause for thought.
I forgot to add the employer assured her the men would receive appropriate training which as well as highlighting the inappropriateness of their behaviour would focus on the impact their actions may have had on the targeted individual. She was really pleased with the response.

I used to think like that and I agree that's what you have to say to get some men to see it but it was pointed out to me that women only become worth treating decently because they are a man's daughter, a man's mother or man's sister. Those men shouldn't treat a woman like a piece of tit in the first place!

Like when you see a man make a sleazy hit on a woman then realise she has a boyfriend only to see them apologise to the boyfriend and not the actual woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I used to think like that and I agree that's what you have to say to get some men to see it but it was pointed out to me that women only become worth treating decently because they are a man's daughter, a man's mother or man's sister. Those men shouldn't treat a woman like a piece of tit in the first place!

Like when you see a man make a sleazy hit on a woman then realise she has a boyfriend only to see them apologise to the boyfriend and not the actual woman.
Same here. We shouldn't only be viewed in relation to a man. We're the ones made to feel uncomfortable / scared / violated / enraged etc, not a husband / boyfriend / father / brother etc.

• Heart
Same here. We shouldn't only be viewed in relation to a man. We're the ones made to feel uncomfortable / scared / violated / enraged etc, not a husband / boyfriend / father / brother etc.

Very good points.

• Heart
Reactions: 7