WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today I’ve had rye toast with jam on and I went to the gym! My first session, only burnt 300 cals according to my app but I’m actually happy with that, you’ve got to start somewhere haven’t you?! 😀😀😀

I’ve got plans this weekend so I’m not going to be calorie counting or restricting ☺ I’ll be healthy eating again Tuesday. Have a lovely weekend everyone! ☀☀☀

Reactions: 5
I’m having a bit of an off plan weekend due to lots of social fun going on, I still went to the gym and parkrun yesterday and will go for a walk today but not CC until Tuesday.

Joining! I'm 5'9, calorie counting on Nutracheck with a target of 1500 a day, pretty inactive in my job so I try to spin 3 times a week and get steps in where I can. I weigh on Sundays.

Start weight - 12 stone 10.5.
Last week's weight - 11 stone 8.5.
Today's weight - 11 stone 6.
Christmas target - 10 stone 7.

Much bigger loss than normal for me this week, I've lost my appetite from work stress though so if I'm up again next week I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’ve been doing some weightlifting based on an instagram account (@kelsgracefit) which is really helpful for a beginner.

Yesterday was reformer pilates, I’m definitely feeling stronger! However yesterday was still super tough - even the more experienced in the class were sore during some parts.

I’ve started tracking inches on another app (I love an app what can I say) because I’m not seeing much visible change yet and I don’t want to be demotivated by it. Only just started so only one entry, no point doing it every day.

Yesterday:
B: Weetabix, chia seeds, apple, oat milk
L: Chicken salad baguette, iced coffee, little pot of jelly
D: Vegan pizza express (at home)
S: Hummus and pitta, grapes
E: Pilates class
Cals: 1,795

Today:
B: Weetabix, oat milk, fruit and nut bar
L: Hummus, cucumber, pitta
D: Fish fingers, salad, pitta bread, sweet chilli sauce
S: Grapes
E: Arm weightlifting
C: 1,515

Hello 👋🏻 Changed from a very active job to an office one 10 months ago and really noticing the difference. Have known for years I need to move more and eat less but something in the last few weeks just clicked - realised it’s not going to be an overnight change, it’s not going to be easy, and that even people who are super fit struggle at the gym. I was always taking the easy option when I know sometimes I should push myself and see what my body can do. I know that’s what everyone says but somehow it finally resonated with me. Been focusing on eating when I’m hungry (and understanding my hunger cues) and moving more!

starting weight (15th August 2022) - 13st 6.4lb

not sure on my current weight as haven’t weighed again, but I measured my waist on Thursday and in those 10 days I’d lost 2 inches each off my waist, bust and hips 🙌🏻

wasnt happy with my current gym so just joined a fancy new (very expensive 😥) one and looking forward to going for the first time tomorrow. Came with 2 free PT sessions so that will be interesting, it’s also very class heavy and has 20+ a day which I’ve found are great for motivation so will be taking advantage of those!

Reactions: 6
My food and calories today
Breakfast - Tracker peanut and caramel bar 114 cals
Lunch - McDonald’s double sausage and egg muffin & a hash brown - 678 cals
Dinner - Gousto chicken korma with rice - 562 calories
Snacks - a handful of munchies (chocolate) - no idea on calories but I have 222 remaining and won’t eat anything else today

Reactions: 3
Hi all, I’m going to hop on board this great new thread. Thanks for setting it up 💖.
I’m 46 years old, female, single mother of one daughter. Between 2013 and 2016 I lost three stone courtesy of a combination of Slimming World (the first two stone) and a failed relationship attempt with a gorgeous, but unreachable man (the third stone).
I did really well over lockdown to keep within a healthy weight range, but over the past twelve months I’ve regained all of the three stone I’d lost. My child was unwell and my own self-care went out the window while looking after her. Thank God, something just clicked in my brain last week that if I didn’t reign things in with my careless eating, I’d soon reach my heaviest ever weight. So I weighed in at Slimming World on Friday and am going to stick with it.

My starting weight last week was 12 stone 2lb. I also took tape measurements and my waist circumference is currently 37 inches. I also measured my thighs, upper arms and bust. My plan is to take my measurements again after every half stone loss. I’m aiming to have two stone gone by Christmas and to have reductions in all my measurements.

I never heard of Happy Scales so am looking forward to downloading that! I’m also going to try to vary my diet a little bit.

I was proud of myself today. I bought a cooked rotisserie chicken from my local supermarket, and discarded all the fat from it before serving it up! I’ve also set an aim to do 15mins of light exercise every day.

Good luck everyone!

• Heart
Can I join?
Ive tried every diet under the sun but it doesnt work because I cant stick to it. I tried Saxenda but hated it.
Im 1.68 and weigh 76 kg want to lose about 8

So my plan for now is to just eat normal
Last year a lost 10kg by just eating 2 crackers for breakfast and 4 for lunch and then for dinner I would weigh some rice/pasta and make a dish out of it. Snacks was a piece of fruit and I would make a small side salad.

Working out Im aiming 3x a week at the gym and riding bike most places.
Would be great to wear a great outfit in dec and not have to worry about feeling fat.

Reactions: 2
@Spoke what’s the app you’re losing to track inches? I’m really bad at this and need to do it!

This one :) It only tracks a few things in the free version but I don’t want to spend too long faffing with the measuring tape anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yesterday was a write off with food and drink 🤣

today I’ve had -
B - Coffee with almond milk
Rye toast with jam, yoghurt with blueberries and seeds

L - wholemeal pita with chicken and peanut butter, cheese and tomatoes on the side

not sure what I’ll do for dinner! I’ve also been to the gym for 45 mins

I find cutting out carbs is an easy way for me to lose weight but I just love them 🤣

I have missed this thread as I forgot to put it on watch!! Will try to contribute throughout the week ❤

Hi again all, between reading this thread and its “parent” thread (!) I think I might be able to achieve my goals this time. About an hour ago I had a huge urge to eat something sweet. Night time grazing of sweet food is a huge problem for me. I thought of all you lovely folks putting one foot in front of the other in order to reach your targets, and I removed myself from the kitchen taking just an apple with me. I think this is the first time in about a year that I managed to “surf the urge” successfully. I’ve eaten really well today, healthily too, so it’s only boredom and habit driving me towards sugary snacks. Night night!

• Heart
Had a good day yesterday besides getting my period and having a tit load of chocolate late at night 😇
Breakfast: a slice of bread with butter and hagelslag 192kcal
Lunch: 2 slices of bread with a chicken walnut salad and a cup a soup 376kcal
Snack: orange and a muesli bar 170kcal
Dinner: miso noodles with edamame and mushrooms and a side of gyoza 651kcal
Late night snack: caramel chocolate 390kcal
Drank: 1.5L of water and 2 cappuccino's
Exercise: 30 min walk and 30 min bike ride. Total calories burnt was 620

According to my calorie tracker I had 261kcal left for the day which is not too bad but I'm aiming for 500 left

Yesterday was a complete fail, went out with the kids in the morning and the plan was to be home for lunchtime but nobody wanted to go home yet and we ended up in kfc 🤦🏻‍♀️ I didn’t have dinner but had a bowl of cereal later in the evening. Didn’t bother tracking calories at all yesterday. Kids are back to school next week so it’ll be easier to stay on track.

But, Monday mornings are my weigh in day and I had lost 1lb. I’m still struggling to accept that a 1lb loss is good, I think this comes from my slimming world days and everyone competing for the biggest losses

• Heart
Yesterday was a complete fail, went out with the kids in the morning and the plan was to be home for lunchtime but nobody wanted to go home yet and we ended up in kfc 🤦🏻‍♀️ I didn’t have dinner but had a bowl of cereal later in the evening. Didn’t bother tracking calories at all yesterday. Kids are back to school next week so it’ll be easier to stay on track.

But, Monday mornings are my weigh in day and I had lost 1lb. I’m still struggling to accept that a 1lb loss is good, I think this comes from my slimming world days and everyone competing for the biggest losses
it wasn't a fail. it was just a treat. You'll go nuts if don't allow them. One Kfc won't derail you massively anyway and you and the kids enjoyed time together which is more important than sticking 100% to something.

1lb is good cause it means you're moving in the right direction. Just try to remember it's not a race or a sprint. Slow and sustainable is better than fast and fleeting 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have re-downloaded nutracheck as think my own calculations may have been a bit off judging by the maintaining on the scales the past couple of weeks 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Todays food plan:
B: iced coffee, pineapple
L: tikka chicken in whole meal pitta with light mayo
D: hello fresh meatballs and linguini

Total cals: 1770

Loving this thread ❤
I use Nutracheck to track calories and Renpho scales to weigh myself. Only exercise I do is walking/reaching my steps goal. Will post food diary later this evening.

SW : 12st 9.6lbs
CW : 12st 5lbs
GW : 11st

Reactions: 2
I had a horrifically heavy weekend with booze and food. Was at a family wedding on Saturday and got carried away with my cousin doing tequila shots, and that then de-railed me on Sunday!

Trying to undo all the damage this week so yesterday I had boiled eggs with light philadelphia and ryvita, morrocan-style chicken and squash with couscous salad and then homemade fish finger sandwich and salad for dinner. Today’s been the same breakfast and lunch and having homemade peri peri chicken with homemade chips and salad tonight.

I went out for a 5 mile run yesterday but I was still rough so I only managed 2 and then walked 4 miles. Today I’ve done 40 mins spinning and 30 mins full bodystrength but I’m still feeling a but lethargic from the weekend, so annoyed wt myself!

Reactions: 4