WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use happy scale so generally weigh myself every day. Even though I was about 300 under my defect calories yesterday (so 800 under my TDEE) I still was 1lb heavier this morning than I was yesterday (obviously know not a whole 1lb of fat don’t worry 😂) Does anyone know why this is? Is it water retention? Does anyone use happy scale and find your weight is up and down by small increments or is it always going down? Thanks!

today I had:
Break: pineapple
Lunch: the other half of my crushed potato salad
Dinner: morrocan chicken, whole meal pitta, lighter halloumi and salad

Reactions: 2
I use happy scale so generally weigh myself every day. Even though I was about 300 under my defect calories yesterday (so 800 under my TDEE) I still was 1lb heavier this morning than I was yesterday (obviously know not a whole 1lb of fat don’t worry 😂) Does anyone know why this is? Is it water retention? Does anyone use happy scale and find your weight is up and down by small increments or is it always going down? Thanks!
I use Happy Scale and weight myself most days. I was the same as you today, 1kg up from yesterday - it can be due to water retention or monthly cycles or even.... did you use the 🚽 😂

Breakfast:
Weetabix, oat milk, chia seeds, nectarine

Lunch:
Sourdough toast, Portuguese sardines, rocket leaves

Dinner:
This chickpea curry that freezes really well, brown rice

Snacks:
Protein bar
Alpro yoghurt with apple and berries
Digestive biscuit

Exercise:
30 mins mat pilates

Total calories:
1,663, - 100 for the pilates according to my watch = 1,563

What's happy scale?
It is an app that you log your weight in, and it shows your average rate of loss/gain, breaks your target into smaller milestones, and shows predictions of how long it’ll take you to reach your goal! You don’t need fancy scales, just type in your weight.

Reactions: 5
Sucks that Happy Scale isn't available for Android!

Anyone know a comparable alternative?

Reactions: 1
Hi! I’m just putting myself here so I’m in the thread! I joined SlimmingWorld on 7th July and have been doing ok. I am currently on 2 weeks annual leave and things are slipping a bit but I am not fully off track.. just th excercise has come to a stop being stressed with the kids off so I fully intent to go the gym once they’re back at school. I am doing a combination of SlimmingWorld and MyFitnessPal

(ETA) 35 years old. 5ft 4in. 3 kids. Semi sedentary job.
Start weight 198.5 Lbs/ 90kg 7/7/22
Current weight 186 Lb/ 84.3kg 18/08/22
Christmas target 168 Lb/ 76.2kg
Ultimate Target weight 140 Lb/ 63.5kg

sorry I’ll add more when it’s not 1am and I’m getting up at 5am xx

Reactions: 8
Hi, I am 5’3” currently 10st 10 and a size 10, I am aiming to be 9 stone 7 and a size 8. I put a lot of weight on from working away and then Covid, gained some bad habits and have never lost it. I apparently weigh a lot less than I look as people think I am slim, but as you can tell from my height and weight I am overweight. I am also going to start exercising again as I think this is the main difference between the old me and now.

Reactions: 3
Yesterday was my first day in a few weeks where I was completely on drank, ate well, drank lots of water and went to a gym class. Didn’t get my step goal but not beating myself up for it.
I’ve also downloaded the happy scale app so I can monitor how my weight fluctuates

Reactions: 6
Hello! I'm also 5'3 haha and 24 years old. I've actually been around my current weight for a long time now. Between me being lazy, tired and really busy, I haven't found/made the time to focus on my health and losing weight. My daily exercise is only my commute to and from work which for the whole day totals to a 30 minute walk and a 30 minute bike ride.
I used to do youtube video workouts at home which I enjoyed but with the constant heat waves it has been really difficult because it is too hot to move. Ready to get back on track and I'm loving this thread already!

Current weight: 83.5kg
Christmas target: 75kg
Ultimate target weight: 65kg

Reactions: 7
Hello!! I’m going to join you! I have put on 7 pounds since I went on holiday a few months ago… obviously enjoying my summer with lots of wine and cheese and bread 🤣 I feel sluggish and unhappy when my clothes don’t fit probably so need to do something.

Im 5’5, 32 and 10 stone 7 pounds. Size 12. I’ve joined a gym 🙈 so I’m get a plan together and also start swimming.

I’d like to get to a comfortable size 10 and 9 and a half stone.

My first goal is to get to 10 stone 3 pounds. ☺

I’m trying intermittent fasting 16:8 but I’ll be honest it’s a struggle on weekends so I may just do it Monday - Friday. I try and eat from 1pm - 8pm! Evening snacks are my downfall, I love a cuppa and something sweet in the evenings.

Reactions: 7
This is the thread I NEED!

I'm 5ft 6, turn 34 next month and yesterday the scales measured 12st 7lbs.
I've got a bunch of half written food diaries and a subscription to Nutracheck which is slowly expiring without me using it (again).
I've previously lost weight on Slimming World about 10 years ago for my wedding and then I've been about 2 stone heavier than wedding weight ever since... although I did no exercise at that time.

I am a runner and I have an obsession with buying exercise dvds and gym equipment but never actually using them!
I do 8.30 - 5 office based so my step count is rubbish most days and the darker nights make me want to hibernate.
I have an addiction to pizza.

I'd love to lose a stone, but to be honest, I'd be thrilled just to see the scales begin with 11st xx so that will be my first target!

Well done if you've made it to the end of my post :ROFLMAO:

Good luck everyone 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Here's what I ate yesterday:

B: slice of bread with butter and hagelslag (I'm Dutch haha)
S: a slice of cake because it was my coworkers birthday
L: 2 slices of bread with a cheese mayo salad
S: an orange and a muesli bar
D: pesto pasta with parm flakes :)

Total calories: 1854 eaten and 614 burned
Drank 2 cappuccino's and about 1.5L of water

Yesterday:
B: Weetabix, oat milk, berries, chia seeds
L: Fish fingers(!), peas, potatoes, ketchup
D: Tuna (oh no I now realise I had fish twice in one day 🫠), brown rice, rocket, sweet chilli sauce
S: Oat milk latte
Calories: 1,401
E: 30 mins on the indoor bike

Reactions: 4
Hello guys!

i’m going to join in with this too.

I’ll take my starting weight from post-honeymoon (where I put on a stone and a half!!) but it was even higher at the start of the year ha!

Start weight: 170.2lbs, 24/06/22
Current weight: 160.4lbs, 26/08/22
Goal weight: 140lbs

I’m about 5’4’’

I’m breaking it up into shorter goals and not putting pressure on any timescales as that really puts me off and doesn’t work for me if I have a week off. I’m hoping to be around 155 by my holiday at the end of September but as long as I lose I won’t be mad!

I didn’t have the best food day yesterday as I was out and had a few pints, but did still lose half an lb this week!

Reactions: 6
I’m going to join this too!

I’ve lost 37lbs so far this year but my weight loss has stalled the past month, think I need to change things up as my body has got used to it.

start weight 04/01/22 13 stone 1
Current weight 26/08/22 10 stone 3.8
Goal weight by Xmas day 9 stone 9
I’m 5ft 4

going to up my daily steps to 12,000 a day minimum, drink more water and try to stop self sabotaging at weekends

Reactions: 10
I’m going to join this too!

I’ve lost 37lbs so far this year but my weight loss has stalled the past month, think I need to change things up as my body has got used to it.

start weight 04/01/22 13 stone 1
Current weight 26/08/22 10 stone 3.8
Goal weight by Xmas day 9 stone 9
I’m 5ft 4

going to up my daily steps to 12,000 a day minimum, drink more water and try to stop self sabotaging at weekends
Well done on your weight loss so far this year! 👏👏👏👏

• Heart
Had a really erratic food day yesterday, ended up having KFC for tea as a last minute at my in laws too, which was not the plan but hey ho 😂 we won’t count that one…

Today:
B: tea
L: scrambled egg on plain toast
D: chilli beef noodles with tenderstem broc
S: Jude’s fruity ice lolly
E: walking around a corn maize for 2 hours lost with the kids 😂

Cals 1437

I’ve been doing calorie counting on/off since Jan 2022 but have gained all the weight I’ve lost back so restarting as of 2 weeks ago.
About me - 5ft 5, size 14, have a semi active job but also a parent so always running around doing something, don’t do any exercise and track my calories using nutracheck, Saturdays are my take away day.

Start weight - 11st 10lbs (8th August)
Current weight 11st 6lbs (15th August, I weigh every Monday morning)
I don’t have a goal weight but would like to fit into size 10 clothes comfortably