William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've read a lot about Kate Middleton and her relationship with William. IMO William was not a good boyfriend - he dumped Kate / broke up with her multiple times during their courtship. Kate always took him back. The other girls William dated or pursued for example Carley Massey-Birch and Isabella Calthorpe all dumped William - some girls in part because William still had hots for a former girlfriend during his first few years at St. Andrews. Kate was the only one who put up with his behaviour. And she waited on hand and foot for William after college, going on vacations at the snap of her finger and not holding a full time job like ever.

At least Meghan is better. She stuck on her job at Suits until she got engaged. Meghan was making $500,000 a year before her marriage so...I'm not saying I agree with Meghan's behaviour after marriage but at least she actually had a job and could support herself well before. It's not easy to find a role on a TV show or to make it in Hollywood (not saying Meghan was A-list but she had some success).

I honestly believe that Kate followed William to St. Andrews. Maybe in the back of her mind, she knew that William would fall for her?? She gave up her position to Edinburgh to go to St. Andrews with no guarantees she would get in.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I've read a lot about Kate Middleton and her relationship with William. IMO William was not a good boyfriend - he dumped Kate / broke up with her multiple times during their courtship. Kate always took him back. The other girls William dated or pursued for example Carley Massey-Birch and Isabella Calthorpe all dumped William - some girls in part because William still had hots for a former girlfriend during his first few years at St. Andrews. Kate was the only one who put up with his behaviour. And she waited on hand and foot for William after college, going on vacations at the snap of her finger and not holding a full time job like ever.

At least Meghan is better. She stuck on her job at Suits until she got engaged. Meghan was making $500,000 a year before her marriage so...I'm not saying I agree with Meghan's behaviour after marriage but at least she actually had a job and could support herself well before. It's not easy to find a role on a TV show or to make it in Hollywood (not saying Meghan was A-list but she had some success).

I honestly believe that Kate followed William to St. Andrews. Maybe in the back of her mind, she knew that William would fall for her?? She gave up her position to Edinburgh to go to St. Andrews with no guarantees she would get in.
It is pretty likely that Kate followed William to St Andrews. But he really seems to be in love with her, don't you think?
They got together really young and seemed to have grown up together, yes, he broke up with her at least once but he was young and probably needed some time to be sure. Not many people marry their university love.

It seems that William really liked Isabella and she didn't want to be with him - but this also happens. Just because someone's husband was in love with someone else (that they would have preferred) does not mean that they then don't love their wife.

If only perfect couples got married I guess there would be a lot less relationships.

Reactions: 9
It is pretty likely that Kate followed William to St Andrews. But he really seems to be in love with her, don't you think?
They got together really young and seemed to have grown up together, yes, he broke up with her at least once but he was young and probably needed some time to be sure. Not many people marry their university love.

It seems that William really liked Isabella and she didn't want to be with him - but this also happens. Just because someone's husband was in love with someone else (that they would have preferred) does not mean that they then don't love their wife.

If only perfect couples got married I guess there would be a lot less relationships.
I think Kate is William's type - he seems to prefer tall brunettes. She was at the right place at the right time - and she was readily available. And I suppose she is a good match for him.

At the end of the day, they are both offsprings of privileged rich families living off their inherited wealth. I'm sure even if Kate never married, she would have just lived off her parents or got some Jill job. They're both the same types of people.

Reactions: 6
I also think William knew what life for Kate would be like. He wanted to make sure the same thing didn't happen to her like it did with his mum. I think he wanted to make sure she would be ok. Which clearly she has been unlike Meghan. Who just thought she could waltz in and take over and change the monarchy. Meghan could have modernised it but over time. She was just impatient at being second best to kate

Reactions: 12
I also think William knew what life for Kate would be like. He wanted to make sure the same thing didn't happen to her like it did with his mum. I think he wanted to make sure she would be ok. Which clearly she has been unlike Meghan. Who just thought she could waltz in and take over and change the monarchy. Meghan could have modernised it but over time. She was just impatient at being second best to kate
Not sure if MM would have ever had the power to "change" the monarchy. She was too removed from the centre of the decision making and wouldn't have had anything to say. She could have subtly influenced, but this wasn't her style as it would also have been unlikely that she would have got credit for it

Reactions: 10
I think William didn't want the same thing to happen to Kate as happened with his mum, but I suspect his way of doing that was to find out how much she would put up with and still want to marry him. William is a Windsor through and through. He wants the status quo. He will benefit hugely from the Status Quo. He didn't make the same mistake as his father, marrying a teenager and hoping she would bend to shape, he met a teenager and kept her hanging on a string until she had moulded herself into everything he wanted.

Reactions: 14
I think William kept kate dangling as he was waiting to see if anyone better came along or perhaps he knew that she would put up with the tit that comes with a royal life and he knew she would be glad to have the kudos of being a princess/duchess/queen someday.
I dont think I could have married a man that would think nothing of leaving me open to scrutiny whilst he picked me up and dropped me as often as suited him

I think William didn't want the same thing to happen to Kate as happened with his mum, but I suspect his way of doing that was to find out how much she would put up with and still want to marry him. William is a Windsor through and through. He wants the status quo. He will benefit hugely from the Status Quo. He didn't make the same mistake as his father, marrying a teenager and hoping she would bend to shape, he met a teenager and kept her hanging on a string until she had moulded herself into everything he wanted.
I think William wanted to make sure Kate was someone who didn't rock the boat. She wanted that title badly enough to put up with anything he (or the Royal family) dishes out. Kate is not that bad as future consort - she's good looking, tall, from a good family. But the dynamics of their relationship makes me wonder sometimes :cautious::unsure:

Harry is crazy about Meghan. I think Harry always had a crush on half-black women - he had a poster of Halle Berry on his dorm room - he just dated glamorous blondes because maybe that was what was expected of him. Maybe Harry isn't the brightest bulb in the room when it comes to his personal life but he didn't treat Meghan as awfully as William did to Kate.

Is it really fair to compare William’s behaviour in his early 20s with Harry’s behaviour in his early/mid 30s?

People can mature and treat relationships differently as they grow.

Reactions: 15
Is it really fair to compare William’s behaviour in his early 20s with Harry’s behaviour in his early/mid 30s?

People can mature and treat relationships differently as they grow.
He was in his mid twenties and knew better and if you believe some of the posts on here his behaviour hasn't really changed. I wouldn't let someone treat me like that no matter what age he was, Prince or not.

Reactions: 8
He was in his mid twenties and knew better and if you believe some of the posts on here his behaviour hasn't really changed. I wouldn't let someone treat me like that no matter what age he was, Prince or not.
What do you mean by ‘knew better’? Better than how Harry treated Chelsea when he was in his 20s?

I don’t believe the rumours unless I see any solid proof. They seem to have a stable marriage with three lovely children.

Reactions: 5
What do you mean by ‘knew better’? Better than how Harry treated Chelsea when he was in his 20s?

I don’t believe the rumours unless I see any solid proof. They seem to have a stable marriage with three lovely children.
I mean by dropping her when he felt like it and leaving her to defend herself as a way of testing her loyalty, which is horrible. Then there's his staff calling her a mattress and allegely celebrating when they broke up - none of that behaviour is acceptable no matter what age you are.

If you had a daughter would you let her be treated like that? Or is it because he's rich and a Prince he gets away with it?

Y
I mean by dropping her when he felt like it and leaving her to defend herself as a way of testing her loyalty, which is horrible. Then there's his staff calling her a mattress and allegely celebrating when they broke up - none of that behaviour is acceptable no matter what age you are.

If you had a daughter would you let her be treated like that? Or is it because he's rich and a Prince he gets away with it?
You have inside information?

Reactions: 2
No but all of what I just said is widely reported.

Just because they're royal or you like them doesn't mean they can't be crappy husbands /boyfriends
Your second sentence is true - but with regards to your first sentence: just because it is widely reported doesn't mean it is true

Reactions: 7
The same people who believe any trashy rag about Meghan are here saying that unless you have “insider information”, you’re not allowed to have opinions on William and Kate’s marriage. The hypocrisy is astounding.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The same people who believe any trashy rag about Meghan are here saying that unless you have “insider information”, you’re not allowed to have opinions on William and Kate’s marriage. The hypocrisy is astounding.
I don't see anyone saying that you are "not allowed to have opinions on W and K's marriage".
Just because someone asks if there is insider information doesn't mean that they don't allow you to have your opinion - and an opinion is not a fact.
I also didn't see any connection between doubting the rumours about W and K and at the same time believing "any trashy rag written about Meghan".

If you look at it the other way around you could say it is hypocritical that Meghan is being defended and Kate isn't, Harry is praised and William isn't, etc.
This is just nit-picky.

Reactions: 8
Your second sentence is true - but with regards to your first sentence: just because it is widely reported doesn't mean it is true
The same could be applied to anyone, no?
I was abroad when the news William cheated on Kate with her own BFF. It was reported ALL over Europe but the UK? Silence. A few articlesbut largely very subdued. I returned a week later, I never saw ONE story in the British press. We need to remember the Royals DO have control over the British press to a large extent and can still wield some authority on stories being printed. Which is WHY its so fucked up Meghan’s abuse from the media went on for SO long.

It is common knowledge that she changed university and delayed entry by a year, its common knowledge that he broke it off with her several times, even though she did no work from the time she left university with a top class education so she could be available to William. There is pictorial evidence of him with his arms round other women and that he celebrated his ' freefom' when they split up. He picked her up and dropped her on a whim whenever he felt like it and she took it, willingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The same could be applied to anyone, no?
I was abroad when the news William cheated on Kate with her own BFF. It was reported ALL over Europe but the UK? Silence. A few articlesbut largely very subdued. I returned a week later, I never saw ONE story in the British press. We need to remember the Royals DO have control over the British press to a large extent and can still wield some authority on stories being printed. Which is WHY its so fucked up Meghan’s abuse from the media went on for SO long.
Yes, it can be applied to any topic. Unless there is proof it is not necessarily true even if it is being reported.

Regarding the European newspapers reporting the cheating rumour: bear in mind that those are a lot harder to sue from the UK. The topless photos were also only published in France, as it is a clear breach of privacy. The EU trash papers also want to sell-sell-sell.

Remember that Christmas lights walk the Cambridges did breaching the Covid rules? Reported in the UK, but not in Europe (I guess nobody would have been interested there).
And the apparent "snub" of Will's PDA by Kate at the Mary Berry Christmas Show? Also reported in the UK.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.