William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her whole family have secured a place in the history books just by being her family.

What I would hate would be the utter lack of privacy even in my own home.
You might think you are pregnant for example or maybe want to check your ovulation etc. Someone has to get you the equipment to do that. No nipping to boots for a quick preg test pack or being able to pick up your own hygiene products.
When covid came last year, I was doing shopping for a neighbour. Shes about 10 years older than me. One day she sent me a text saying she was dying inside to ask but could I please get her some pads for bladder weakness. She specified two types.
She didn't want to ask her partner and obviously wasn't able to be out herself.
When I took them to her, she said that she always bought them privately but couldn't get the ones she needed online for delivery.
I'm sure she hated me having to do that for her every week.
Its stuff like that, that I couldn't deal with.
Other people packing my cases and unpacking for me. If you period stain something, do you scrumple it up and bin it or is it left for someone else to deal with?
I could not cope at all with that.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Tr
Pippa surely has a very nice cushy life, but Kate is the one that will be in the history books
True, Pippa’s bridesmaid dress might get a mention! Tbh I don’t think being in the history books would matter to me, soon enough you’ll be history to the extent that no one will care. I’m sure The Queen’s reign will be noted for its length, but apart from Queen Victoria, Henry 8th etc there s are tons of monarchs most people couldn’t name.
I’d rather have my privacy while alive to enjoy it.

Reactions: 12
Give me Pippa’s life any day!!! €17m house nice! Nanny I assume so she can pop out for coffee, lunch, shops etc. Yes please 😉

As opposed to 17m nursing home, school etc visits wearing LK Bennett & feeling the pressure to stay thin, contribute, rear perfect children including the hier, no thanks! Plus William is rumoured to be a grump!
Would Pippa have been able to snare her whale without Kate bagging the prince? I don't think so. Carole needed Kate to bag the prince as to boost the whole family and have them set for life.

Reactions: 14
Would Pippa have been able to snare her whale without Kate bagging the prince? I don't think so. Carole needed Kate to bag the prince as to boost the whole family and have them set for life.
Yes quite possibly. From my recollection Pippa seemed more into the Percy guy who I think was titled & quite good looking. Her husband seems to adore her which is nice. Vogue & Spencer as the in laws though, major downside!

I have to say there are things I really admire about Carole. Great figure, always very well turned out, loyal husband, three kids & most of all a very successful businesswoman which given the amount of businesses which fail is not to be sniffed at.

Reactions: 19
It would be very nice indeed. If it’s any consultation I’m friends with one or two & they are bored & feel lacking something.
I often think I would love that life too. Surely boredom is a state of mind? I like my own company and could easily fill my days sitting around in coffee shops, going to the gym, sitting around in the park and watching telly :LOL:
I went out with a really rich guy in my youth but he was sooo boring! He would drone on about his work all the time. I was young and thought I'd need stupid things like love and companionship, but now I think he worked so hard, I would hardly see him, so I'd barely have to speak to him, could have got myself a bit on the side for my own entertainment and just been me and my kids most of the time! I should have tried harder to snag him!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her whole family have secured a place in the history books just by being her family.

What I would hate would be the utter lack of privacy even in my own home.
You might think you are pregnant for example or maybe want to check your ovulation etc. Someone has to get you the equipment to do that. No nipping to boots for a quick preg test pack or being able to pick up your own hygiene products.
When covid came last year, I was doing shopping for a neighbour. Shes about 10 years older than me. One day she sent me a text saying she was dying inside to ask but could I please get her some pads for bladder weakness. She specified two types.
She didn't want to ask her partner and obviously wasn't able to be out herself.
When I took them to her, she said that she always bought them privately but couldn't get the ones she needed online for delivery.
I'm sure she hated me having to do that for her every week.
Its stuff like that, that I couldn't deal with.
Other people packing my cases and unpacking for me. If you period stain something, do you scrumple it up and bin it or is it left for someone else to deal with?
I could not cope at all with that.
I have never thought of that, having someone touching your underwear and intimate stuff I wouldn't like it. If you are born royal then you are brought up in that way but to an outsider it's probably gross.

Reactions: 7
I have never thought of that, having someone touching your underwear and intimate stuff I wouldn't like it. If you are born royal then you are brought up in that way but to an outsider it's probably gross.
Yes it must take some getting used to have someone around all the bloody time. I'd hate having someone hanging around waiting to dress me or get me up in the morning and faffing around all the time.

Reactions: 8
Yes it must take some getting used to have someone around all the bloody time. I'd hate having someone hanging around waiting to dress me or get me up in the morning and faffing around all the time.
So would I

Reactions: 2
The mothers day cards to Diana really should have been kept private if it actually happens.
They are children who can't consent to things like this being shown to the worlds population.
My children don't do cards and pictures to my father who has been dead for 32 years. I would consider it extremely odd.
They know my father died when I was young and that he's their grandpa in heaven but that's as far as it goes.
I certainly wouldn't have them painting fathers day pictures and cards and writing messages about how they miss him.
How can you miss someone you've never met or shared experiences with?
They will hear about him as they get older of course but its odd to be focusing on the dead when the kids have never met him.

I feel it was a contrived stunt.
There's no reason why William couldn't have honoured his mother in his instagram. Maybe he could have done a montage of photos of Diana him and Harry. Given a message of solidarity and shown the shared history he and his brother have.
I would agree if the children were private citizens but the sad fact is they are not. Perhaps the Cambridges think the sooner they get used to that the better.

I do think Meghan is casting herself into a Diana type role.
Even the video of Diana and Charles on tour in Oz being shown as a comparison to Harry and Meghans oz tour rang a bell immediately.

I dont believe for a second that she knew nothing of Harry and the BRF. They are known the world over and the only folk who know nothing of them are those tribes in the amazon that have no contact with the outside world.

I see Pippa had her baby yesterday. I wonder if Kate wishes she had Pippas life. Nice 17 million quid house, rich husband, no scrutiny on what she spends, she can come and go as she pleases.
Seems to me that Pippa hit the Jackpot and Kate has ended up in a gilded cage for the rest of her life.
17 million quid house 😳 although would Poppa have bagged him had she not been sister of the future Queen..?

Reactions: 6
same, working is boring, how can infinite money be boring?
I don't understand either. I would read books, travel, learn to play the piano, get a few horses, join a bridge club, join a sailing club, go golfing, go shopping often, create my own perfume range, write books (with the help of agents), learn how to cook exotic dishes, get a cute personal trainer, gossip with my many girlfriends over coffee and lunch, ....
the possibilities are endless

Reactions: 17
I don't understand either. I would read books, travel, learn to play the piano, get a few horses, join a bridge club, join a sailing club, go golfing, go shopping often, create my own perfume range, write books (with the help of agents), learn how to cook exotic dishes, get a cute personal trainer, gossip with my many girlfriends over coffee and lunch, ....
the possibilities are endless
I think the same but l wonder if it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

Reactions: 6
I think the same but l wonder if it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.
I suspect the issue with the Royals and those with inherited wealth is they think the grass is greener because they have no clue what its actually like to worry about paying the Bill's or having to work when you dont want to or worrying about your kids schools and if they will get good enough qualifications, so all they see is people going about their business. In many ways we are all trapped in some way or another doing things we may not want to do. Harry was shocked he had to pay for his own security probably when he saw the bill and saw what was in his bank account had in it for the first time and had to tally it up, like most people know they have to do. I think people who have worked their way to wealth do know what it's like to have to do those things and value wealth more. Ironically they bring up kids who have no clue, like the Beckhams and even the Middleton's

Reactions: 16
I suspect the issue with the Royals and those with inherited wealth is they think the grass is greener because they have no clue what its actually like to worry about paying the Bill's or having to work when you dont want to or worrying about your kids schools and if they will get good enough qualifications, so all they see is people going about their business. In many ways we are all trapped in some way or another doing things we may not want to do. Harry was shocked he had to pay for his own security probably when he saw the bill and saw what was in his bank account had in it for the first time and had to tally it up, like most people know they have to do. I think people who have worked their way to wealth do know what it's like to have to do those things and value wealth more. Ironically they bring up kids who have no clue, like the Beckhams and even the Middleton's
It is very true. If you have to work for your money you are trapped also, you can do whatever you want but you have to earn it first

Reactions: 5
First generation surely, descendants... depends on upbringing. I know some people from wealthy families. How they treat their wealth entirely depends how their parents taught them. Some are like Harry, some work very hard.

Reactions: 2
First generation surely, descendants... depends on upbringing. I know some people from wealthy families. How they treat their wealth entirely depends how their parents taught them. Some are like Harry, some work very hard.
True. I should say ' some' although there must be a part of you that knows you have a safety net if it all goes to tit. It gives you more options than someone who has no family money. I mean, my parents worked very hard and even though they arent rich, they have money, just because they were adults in the 80's from what I can see! If I really needed it or got into tit, I know they would be able to give me some cash. I dont ask them for any money but I still know it's there if I ever have a complete personality transplant and go off the rails. That's a huge difference compared to people who have no family money and no safety net, even if they never use it. Even the Royals who dont have titles etc know they wont face the same consequences if they piss about at school and fail all their exams for example. Mike Tindall may fret about his income dropping in Lockdown and paying school fees, but he wont be having to put the kids in the local comp or moving to a smaller house anytime soon, even though he and Zara have their own careers.

Reactions: 9
I completely agree. On a smaller scale I watched the reality show 'below deck' and they make your bed about three times a day, they pick up the champagne that's in front of you to pour it, unpack your cases, set up your picnic and about a million other things and I was just thinking how much I'd hate that. Some of the clients loved in and would call one of the staff over for any little thing eg please put some more food from the serving platter in front of me onto my plate, but I'd have to send them away or something I couldn't relax or let people serve me like that.

Reactions: 10
I don’t know much about the brother but it is odd considering how hard their parents worked how little Kate & Pippa (I think) worked. Who would put themselves out there to be called “Waitey Katie” could she not have worked in the family business. Perhaps it’s because they wanted to be more like their upper class friends who presumably don’t work.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.