William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The same could be applied to anyone, no?
I was abroad when the news William cheated on Kate with her own BFF. It was reported ALL over Europe but the UK? Silence. A few articlesbut largely very subdued. I returned a week later, I never saw ONE story in the British press. We need to remember the Royals DO have control over the British press to a large extent and can still wield some authority on stories being printed. Which is WHY its so fucked up Meghan’s abuse from the media went on for SO long.
Apparently the Cambridges used access to the children as leverage for the press not going too hard on the Prince Andrew story, which is obscene. They palace can control the narrative the press decide to print. They do it through bargaining with the press, which is why Harry is so pissed off at the press and the Royal Rota.

Reactions: 16
It is common knowledge that she changed university and delayed entry by a year, its common knowledge that he broke it off with her several times, even though she did no work from the time she left university with a top class education so she could be available to William. There is pictorial evidence of him with his arms round other women and that he celebrated his ' freefom' when they split up. He picked her up and dropped her on a whim whenever he felt like it and she took it, willingly.
All at the low low price of becoming future Queen consort 😬 Her not going to the other uni and delaying starting for a year was telling enough what her (and esp her mom’s) priorities were

Reactions: 9
All at the low low price of becoming future Queen consort 😬 Her not going to the other uni and delaying starting for a year was telling enough what her (and esp her mom’s) priorities were
Of course: the Middletons were eager social climbers. There is no question around that.

It is actually quite sad that both British Princes ended up marrying social climbers.

But still it is possible that both marriages are (very) happy. And it looks like that from the outside, both couples seem happy with each other in general

Reactions: 5
Of course: the Middletons were eager social climbers. There is no question around that.

It is actually quite sad that both British Princes ended up marrying social climbers.

But still it is possible that both marriages are (very) happy. And it looks like that from the outside, both couples seem happy with each other in general
That is quite possible, and who knows what goes on in marriages? There are small children involved, so I hope both marriages last the distance, or at least a long time.
To be honest, who would marry into the royal Family if they weren't social climbers? Both William and Harry had girlfriends who had aristocratic backgrounds who they were desperate to marry. None of them wanted to marry them. They could and did marry anyone they wanted, have their own fulfilling career and not be stuck trying to remember who they have to curtsey to and when in their own family, or pretending to be interested in the plebs in return for being a brood mare for the Royals! Its probably only people who dont already run in those circles who would find that life desirable!

Reactions: 17
That is quite possible, and who knows what goes on in marriages? There are small children involved, so I hope both marriages last the distance, or at least a long time.
To be honest, who would marry into the royal Family if they weren't social climbers? Both William and Harry had girlfriends who had aristocratic backgrounds who they were desperate to marry. None of them wanted to marry them. They could and did marry anyone they wanted, have their own fulfilling career and not be stuck trying to remember who they have to curtsey to and when in their own family, or pretending to be interested in the plebs in return for being a brood mare for the Royals! Its probably only people who dont already run in those circles who would find that life desirable!
Well, I would have thought that the other aristocrats wouldn't have been too put off by the BRF or that someone from one of the European Royals might have fallen in love with one of the princes.

Reactions: 1
Well, I would have thought that the other aristocrats wouldn't have been too put off by the BRF or that someone from one of the European Royals might have fallen in love with one of the princes.
I don't think the European Royals can risk marrying each other, can they, because they are too closely related and have been marrying each other for generations. The risk is too high, hence why they have all started marrying 'commoners'.

I don't think the European Royals can risk marrying each other, can they, because they are too closely related and have been marrying each other for generations. The risk is too high, hence why they have all started marrying 'commoners'.
I don't know enough about this. The Swedish and Spanish Royals also? I only know of the BRF's links to the German and Russian Royals

I don't know enough about this. The Swedish and Spanish Royals also? I only know of the BRF's links to the German and Russian Royals
I think basically they are all related. the Swedish Royals aren't going to want to marry into the BRF and put up with all the stuffiness when they themselves have modernised and marry commoners and even actresses without the drama! Maybe the Monaco lot would do it. They seem dodgy AF and love a bit of ceremony. They're even more dysfunctional than our lot!

Reactions: 6
Queen Victoria made sure of it with everyone marrying into European royal families.

Reactions: 2
The European royals don't seem to mix with ours so the chances of a meeting and falling in love etc would be slim.
Most other royal families around the world are more like normal families now and don't have that "behind Palace gates" feel that ours does.
They go about their business as normal and no one bats an eyelid at seeing them on the streets. They dress up and have the official engagements obviously but they all seem to be much more relaxed.
I had thought that when William and Kate took the reins that they would relax it all. Dump the bowing and scraping etc but now I can't see them doing that.

Reactions: 8
The Scandinavian, Spanish and other houses are related to the Windsors.
Through, amongst others but most recently, Victoria.
On the other hand, all the houses are also related through, amongst others but most recently, Christian of Denmark.
Vic & Chris were contemporaries and Vic was called "the grandmother of Europe" and Chris "the father-in-law of Europe".

That said, Madeleine of Sweden was allegedly on a list of "eligible bachelorettes" for Will.

On the press.

Keep in mind that UK press is required by law to have two sources who confirm the veracity of any story they run.
So if a story is in the paper, there is some truth to be found there.
No matter how much they like to pretend, but the press doesn't (because they can't by law) lie just like that about the Windsors (anyone or anything, really).

Keep also in mind that France has much much stricter privacy rules than Britain, which is why the Cambs successfully sued the French press for the topless photos. They can thank Caro of Monaco for the strict privacy laws.

Europe ran the story of Will's cheating not because of lack of privacy or whatever. If anything, Europe's rules on privacy are stricter.
The fact that they ran the story and Will hasn't sued speaks volumes, as well as the fact that the UK press backed off.

UK press running the stories of K brushing Will off or the Covid breaking thing is small fish. There have been more "brush offs" over the years between the Cambs.

Sure someone's spouse having exes and having loved others doesn't mean their love for their partner is any less, but Will broke up with K to chase after these other women and went back to K when they wouldn't date him.

The aristos and other royal houses are not only not so much into inter-marriage anymore (eg Marg of Denmark has always preferred foreign daughter-in-laws, which she got), but they also actively avoid the Windsors. Literally no woman who Harry and Will chased wanted to marry into the family or put up with the tit they'd put their women through.

Marrying into a royal house isn't what it used to be, the prestige is long gone.

On above: Other royal houses love to mix with each other in terms of friendship, holidaying together, making each other Godparents, stuff like that. They go together to the Olympics, games, have social media campaigns they run together (eg recently Vic and Fred + families for the world or Euro cup, some sports event).
It's the Brits that have distanced themselves. Liz used to have a good rapport with the other houses and Charles as well actually. Past that it's gone to tit.

Weddings are attended by the Wessexes (low on the chain, he may be the queen's son, but who cares anymore?) and the Brits are rarely at any Christenings or even Godparents.

The most embarrassing was Will and Kate not recognizing and not greeting Felipe the Spanish king at an official function (WWII memorial) a few years ago, even though he moved to greet them but was ignored, and W&K&H at the Olympics in London ignoring the Swedes (Bernadottes), even though they attended the same event and sat close to each other. Daniel etc were completely ignored, not sure maybe Harry talked to someone at some point, it's been a while, but I remember commentary back then what a shytefest it was.

So nowadays the Brits are ignored, which I have to say they have brought onto themselves, whilst the other houses maintain good personal relationships spanning generations.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
On the other hand, all the houses are also related through, amongst others but most recently, Christian of Denmark.
Vic & Chris were contemporaries and Vic was called "the grandmother of Europe" and Chris "the father-in-law of Europe".

That said, Madeleine of Sweden was allegedly on a list of "eligible bachelorettes" for Will.

On the press.

Keep in mind that UK press is required by law to have two sources who confirm the veracity of any story they run.
No matter how much they like to pretend, but the press doesn't (because they can't by law) lie just like that about the Windsors (anyone or anything, really).

Keep also in mind that France has much much stricter privacy rules than Britain, which is why the Cambs successfully sued the French press for the topless photos. They can thank Caro of Monaco for the strict privacy laws.

Europe ran the story of Will's cheating not because of lack of privacy or whatever. If anything, Europe's rules on privacy are stricter.
The fact that they ran the story and Will hasn't sued speaks volumes, as well as the fact that the UK press backed off.

UK press running the stories of K brushing Will off or the Covid breaking thing is small fish. There have been more "brush offs" over the years between the Cambs.

Sure someone's spouse having exes and having loved others doesn't mean their love for their partner is any less, but Will broke up with K to chase after these other women and went back to K when they wouldn't date him.

The aristos and other royal houses are not only not so much into inter-marriage anymore (eg Marg of Denmark has always preferred foreign daughter-in-laws, which she got), but they also actively avoid the Windsors. Literally no woman who Harry and Will chased wanted to marry into the family or put up with the tit they'd put their women through.

Marrying into a royal house isn't what it used to be, the prestige is long gone.

On above: Other royal houses love to mix with each other in terms of friendship, holidaying together, making each other Godparents, stuff like that. They go together to the Olympics, games, have social media campaigns they run together (eg recently Vic and Fred + families for the world or Euro cup, some sports event).
It's the Brits that have distanced themselves. Liz used to have a good rapport with the other houses and Charles as well actually. Past that it's gone to tit.

Weddings are attended by the Wessexes (low on the chain, he may be the queen's son, but who cares anymore?) and the Brits are rarely at any Christenings or even Godparents.

The most embarrassing was Will and Kate not recognizing and not greeting Felipe the Spanish king at an official function (WWII memorial) a few years ago, even though he moved to greet them but was ignored, and W&K&H at the Olympics in London ignoring the Swedes (Bernadottes), even though they attended the same event and sat close to each other. Daniel etc were completely ignored, not sure maybe Harry talked to someone at some point, it's been a while, but I remember commentary back then what a shytefest it was.

So nowadays the Brits are ignored, which I have to say they have brought onto themselves, whilst the other houses maintain good personal relationships spanning generations.
that is very interesting! thank you!

can I ask what you mean with Will not suing the European press and the UK not running the story as they need to have two sources - that there were no sources or that it is likely to be true (therefore sources) and this is why Will didn't sue?

that is very interesting! thank you!

can I ask what you mean with Will not suing the European press and the UK not running the story as they need to have two sources - that there were no sources or that it is likely to be true (therefore sources) and this is why Will didn't sue?
Thank you.

The short version is: If the story were wrong, he could have sued the Euro press, but he didn't.
A true story he can't kill abroad, but he can do that at home.
A false story can be contested in the court of law anywhere, because there are journalistic standards and responsibilities to be upheld, which are set by law.
The story wouldn't have run to begin with if two sources hadn't confirmed it. Will wanted to sue on the grounds of "privacy" not on grounds of misinformation (like the Ssexes did when the story was "H abandoned the marines" or what it was, as comparison for a lie by the press that was successfully contested).

The long version is:

Will is very sue-happy. He's sued the press or threatened to countless times. Public perception was that Will was the more-difficult-to-deal-with brother, but the press pack has maintained that Harry is difficult as well, which has transpired into the public since he married.
Since Will married, the Cambs' image has been greatly white washed and reporting has changed, there has been a great clamp-down on what the press reports. When they get too pssed off about something, they'll report stuff and even post pap pics, a big no-no and which goes against the press-Camb agreement (though it's really a general press-Winds agreement, but all members have to play along, hence the Xmas party and other parties hosted directly by KP and the Cambs wheeling out the kids at those parties like circus animals).

The laws are such that Will can (and in fact should) sue if such a fat lie were to be reported. This is a massively damaging claim, no matter whether you are a future king or Joe Bloggs from down the street.

But, as said earlier, the Winds don't have the reach in Europe to stop stories like they do in the UK. It would be shocking if they did. If the story were false, they'd have grounds to stop the story and have the papers issues apologies and corrections. They can't stop a true story.

They can kill stories in the UK.

He threatened via his lawyers a privacy claim. Which makes sense, as this doesn't just affect the adulterers, but also their spouses and children, plus the old personal history (Di&C&C), so the story is effectively massive but also damaging to numerous people, some of them minors.

If the story were false, he could have sued on those premises and received a settlement like the Ssexes (write aplogy and correction), but he didn't. He claimed "privacy breach". Well.

If he hadn't threatened to sue, we know the press, they would've gone really to town with it, as we could see with the DailyMeghanMail (it would've become the DailyRose).

I know Will, the cheating stories of the past, him dropping K like a hot potato at every turn, chasing after other women, and I know a leopard doesn't change his spots, but I was honestly shocked at the story at first and didn't believe it, even though I was waiting for a story like this to happen (due to his past behaviour as boyfriend).

I have mulled this story over a few times and with everything that's happened I am very certain on this.

The papers' duty was to check on the story, they needed two sources to verify the story ("yes, W&R are shacking up") and it was easy to find sources. Via multiple channels, because the journos are inter-connected, aristos are part of the journo troupe, the Cambs' circle is well known etc etc. The easiest thing is to find someone willing to talk.

Further, the press sits on a tonne of stories. They have material till the end of days. There are things only now made public about long dead people, so you can imagine what they have on the living. Contrary to popular belief, they don't publish everything.
Some stories need fleshing out, some need a better time, some are held for leverage (a "you scratch my back I scratch yours" thing mostly) etc (many reasons why some stories don't make it to print).

Even the France pics, the pap who shot them has said on the record that he has much more revealing pics. You can guess what that is.

Also, if the story hadn't been true, they would've had "sources" claim how happy the Cambs are and that the story is wrong.

I have written a few times about typical palace PR and for anyone who remembers my posts I think you can see I was right (about the current PR crisis): The Cambs are out and about and (more importantly for the Rose claim): there are countless stories in the press where "sources claim/close to/insiders say/whatever that Will does not feel trapped!" etc. We have a barage of "sources say" type of stories to counter the Ssex/Oprah interview.
There have over the years been countless counter stories paid for by the palace on the Cambs whenever there was criticism.
Not with Rose.
They wanted the story killed and forgotten. Anything else would've dragged it on and it's only really damaging if true, hence you want it dead and buried, never to see the light of day again.

Sorry for the verbose post, but I just wanted to mention these "smaller" things as they make up the big picture.

For those with a keen eye and a memory, K, Jecca and Rose all resemble each other somewhat. The only outlier in looks was Isab Calt.
There were cheating rumours between Jecca and Will, never made the papers, but during that period Kate dressed like Jecca (notably, the Vogue shoot).

So with the recent Ssex court win, how the press operates etc etc it is quite easy to see that the Rose story was true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
The same could be applied to anyone, no?
I was abroad when the news William cheated on Kate with her own BFF. It was reported ALL over Europe but the UK? Silence. A few articlesbut largely very subdued. I returned a week later, I never saw ONE story in the British press. We need to remember the Royals DO have control over the British press to a large extent and can still wield some authority on stories being printed. Which is WHY its so fucked up Meghan’s abuse from the media went on for SO long.
I don't buy into the RF controlling the press. Remember when Prince Charles said he wished he was a tampon? Prince Harry dressed as a nazi? Edward failed military school?

I think they are so careful not to publish without evidence for sure. They don't publish hearsay, which the William affair was.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The most embarrassing was Will and Kate not recognizing and not greeting Felipe the Spanish king at an official function (WWII memorial)
Do you think this was something to do with Juan Carlos abdicating and all the dodgy dealings surrounding him? Not sure why they would want to distance themselves from Felipe in that case though, as I thought he had done a lot to restore the Spanish RF's reputation. Even just as a visiting Head of State you would think they would greet them, Royal or not. And they bloody love the Saudi and other ME absolute monarchies, human Rights abuses and all, just because of the horses!

On the press.

Your posts are always a good read, but that's really interesting about the Euro Royals. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I don't buy into the RF controlling the press. Remember when Prince Charles said he wished he was a tampon? Prince Harry dressed as a nazi? Edward failed military school?

I think they are so careful not to publish without evidence for sure. They don't publish hearsay, which the William affair was.
They most definitely cannot and shouldn't be able to control the press. That would equal censorship.

But they most certainly have power, sway and deals with the press.

At the most extreme, the press will drop a story in exchange for another story or be sued.

Do you think this was something to do with Juan Carlos indicating and all the dodgy dealings surrounding him? Not sure why they would want to distance themselves from Felipe in that case though, as I thought he had done a lot to restore the Spanish RF's reputation. Even just as a visiting Head of State you would think they would greet them, Royal or not. And they bloody love the Saudi and other ME absolute monarchies, human Rights abuses and all, just because of the horses!
No, definitely not.

In the most simplest terms, the Cambs are obtuse and arrogant and Will has been on record many times saying he doesn't read his briefs, which contain: event, those invited, most important people present, pictures of these people (so you know who they are) etc.

They just don't care and the "lazy" bit hanging onto the Cambs since they married isn't just engagements performed, it's also stuff like this, like not bothering with the most basic preparation.

Liz has been pictured even with the Dubai ruler laughing in a private capacity and it's not news that he's a terrible POS.

Official functions, esp WWII commemorations and constant mantras of "never again", when so many nations come together, isn't the place for public shows of disapproval and for the Cambs, who are basically diplomats, it is never the place to do this. Not in public. Ever.

All that aside, Felipe has reigned with an iron fist and I say this with the best possible intention and mean it as positive compliment.
He cleaned house, fast and hard.

He stripped and exiled his convicted brother-in-law and sister and he banned his father (his father "fled" but the truth is JC isn't welcome anywhere).

Felipe had to, their monarchy was on shaky grounds (still is, but their ratings have sky rocketed due to great work during the pandemic, same btw for the Belgians, the Dutch took a nose-dive due to arrogance and not being able to read the fcking room, who were for years on a constant high due to charisma).
Felipe had a lot of tit sticking to him via his sister, his sister's husband and father, but he cleaned house.
Felipe is definitely someone never to be avoided in fear of bad press, the Dubai and Saudi rulers on the other hand.....

I mean, you said this all basically yourself 😂
I haven't been too long on tattle LOL Days and it's clearly withdrawal 😂

It's not really an excuse for K that is valid (she was 30 when married in and is now almost 40), but she takes her cues from Will.
And Will has always been known to be an arrogant tw't, who doesn't like to do the most basic homework.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do you think this was something to do with Juan Carlos abdicating and all the dodgy dealings surrounding him? Not sure why they would want to distance themselves from Felipe in that case though, as I thought he had done a lot to restore the Spanish RF's reputation. Even just as a visiting Head of State you would think they would greet them, Royal or not.
Pure ignorance considering they often holidayed as children with the Spanish Royals in Palma de Mallorca. Furthermore, I have no idea how they did not recognise him, considering that Felipe is an actual giant. I have been in his presence several times due to consular work in Madrid and he is extremely tall. (And very nice. Letizia, not so much on both counts 😂).

Pure ignorance considering they often holidayed as children with the Spanish Royals in Palma de Mallorca. Furthermore, I have no idea how they did not recognise him, considering that Felipe is an actual giant. I have been in his presence several times due to consular work in Madrid and he is extremely tall. (And very nice. Letizia, not so much on both counts 😂).
I'm all ears for some good gossip here ;)

All I know is that Leti seems to be loved by most any royal watcher outside Spain and apparently loathed in Spain.
I never really bothered to look into why she's hated, though I saw posts claiming she's controlling, which is frankly the label most often stuck to women married into power and the gifs attached didn't have me convinced.

As complete outsider who doesn't follow the Bourbons too closely (mostly pics and then it's usually what Letizia wore 🙈 ) I always perceived her as great professional, always dressed well for the occasion (with exceptions, eg that flapper-style dress a couple of years ago to I think an old people's home?) and have assumed she's intelligent and does a good job due to her journalistic and academic background (she covered serious journalism and not some fluff during her career).

On a superficial note, I love her hair and I love how she's going gracefully grey! (nothing against dyeing at all, but it's nice to see that dyeing isn't quite a must anymore and someone in such a prominent position being so grey)
No comment on the face :censored:

So, long story short, if you know more I'd appreciate a few pointers if you know better and maybe some tea along the way if you can and are willing to share! 🙈🤭

• Heart
The teo
I'm all ears for some good gossip here ;)

All I know is that Leti seems to be loved by most any royal watcher outside Spain and apparently loathed in Spain.
I never really bothered to look into why she's hated, though I saw posts claiming she's controlling, which is frankly the label most often stuck to women married into power and the gifs attached didn't have me convinced.

As complete outsider who doesn't follow the Bourbons too closely (mostly pics and then it's usually what Letizia wore 🙈 ) I always perceived her as great professional, always dressed well for the occasion (with exceptions, eg that flapper-style dress a couple of years ago to I think an old people's home?) and have assumed she's intelligent and does a good job due to her journalistic and academic background (she covered serious journalism and not some fluff during her career).

On a superficial note, I love her hair and I love how she's going gracefully grey! (nothing against dyeing at all, but it's nice to see that dyeing isn't quite a must anymore and someone in such a prominent position being so grey)
No comment on the face :censored:

So, long story short, if you know more I'd appreciate a few pointers if you know better and maybe some tea along the way if you can and are willing to share! 🙈🤭
The two girls are just gorgeous & so sweet. There was the odd incident a couple of years ago where his wife & mother appeared to be fighting over the girls in public.

Reactions: 4
Oh Yes! I remember seeing pictures of them with Juan Carlos. I was wondering if they just didnt like the fact the Spanish went so hard on their dodgy Royals as it shows them up for just sweeping their dodgy relatives under the carpet. But maybe it is just laziness.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.