William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate made a private visit to Clapham Common today to pay her respects to Sarah Everard. I have a huge amount of respect for her for that. I’m sure Camp Sussex will play it off as a PR stunt but her facial expression says it all to me.
Is that not what shes supposed to be doing anyway? Why are we applauding her for the bare minimum?

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Lovely to see Kate make a private and personal visit to the informal memorial in Clapham.

Reactions: 16
Private and personal yet was photographed? I would have expected a royal to pay their respects. It was never going to be private and personal when there were photographers around to capture it.

Not slating her for going but pointing out that it wasn't a private thing to do

Reactions: 7
It wasn't a photographer as such, looks like another mourner pulled out their phone and recorded her.

Reactions: 10
Private and personal yet was photographed? I would have expected a royal to pay their respects. It was never going to be private and personal when there were photographers around to capture it.

Not slating her for going but pointing out that it wasn't a private thing to do
She is damed if she does and she is damed if she doesn’t!! It was private as it was in a private capacity not a public capacity!! She wasn’t there as an official royal!! There was no fanfare!! She walked in stood for a few mins and then walked away from what I can see!! Hardly anyone around her really noticed her!! It’s just the cameras coped her! They were just lucky, otherwise they would not have seen her

Reactions: 31
Kate made a private visit to Clapham Common today to pay her respects to Sarah Everard. I have a huge amount of respect for her for that. I’m sure Camp Sussex will play it off as a PR stunt but her facial expression says it all to me.
There wasn't much private about it imo and it was never going to be so - Sarah Everard's case is the main story after all.

Good of her to pay her respects. But, it would also be known that it would drum up some good PR.

Both can be true.

Reactions: 16
I'm not damning her. Im pointing out that it would never have been private. It was an unannounced visit according to the Palace.
It was going to make the news as it would be obviously photographed or videoed by someone. She wasn't wearing a face mask either which enabled anyone to see who it was.

It was very nice of her to go. Im sure she is as moved by Sarah's murder as the rest of us are.

Reactions: 13
Norland aren't in control of who hires their nannies. They are a training school for nannies, once they qualify and leave, they are free to take up employment wherever they choose. Norland do place trainees and possibly have a recruitment department for anyone wishing to hire a Norland Nanny but as far as I'm aware, if you're willing to pay the money, you can have a norland qualified nanny.
Roll on Norland /Towie 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It was a lovely gesture and I’m glad she did it, but it did seem off that she wasn’t wearing a mask when everyone around her was. In that respect it seemed a bit calculated, like she needed to be seen there. So I’m torn. I’m glad the visit went public but equally, she could have attended in a mask and it would have been a truly private visit.

Reactions: 17
She could have done it anonymously if she wanted, stick a face mask and casual wear on and no one would be the wiser, then release that she went. But she went without a face mask to get photographed.

Kate and Will have got a great PR team.

Reactions: 15
I understand the argument for the mask if she wanted to be hidden (although realistically we’ve seen her wear one plenty she’d likely still be recognised) but why do people think that masks should be worn when out in the open?

Reactions: 5
Good for her, regardless if think PR or not she’s been pursued before royal by paps mainly men in London so personally doing what matters to her. Is a clever thing to do going after police denied permission for vigil. What she did also gives an element of protection/permission to those who want to go who the police are targeting

I understand the argument for the mask if she wanted to be hidden (although realistically we’ve seen her wear one plenty she’d likely still be recognised) but why do people think that masks should be worn when out in the open?
I actually thought that myself!!

Reactions: 4
My childrens’ schools ask that parents wear masks in the playground/streets when congregating to collect children. It’s just an extra level of courtesy when social distancing is more difficult.

Because when many people gather together even in the open and with wind, there's still a risk of infection/transmission.

Technically if a jogger has the pest and jogs past you and neither you nor they wear a mask, you can catch it.
The droplets carry through the air.

It's safest in the open, safer with windows open and worst in closed rooms, but when there's many people and you can't properly distance the risk immediately rises.
Ie the vigil is a potential hot spot, hence the ruling banning the intended gathering.

Reactions: 6
Because when many people gather together even in the open and with wind, there's still a risk of infection/transmission.

Technically if a jogger has the pest and jogs past you and neither you nor they wear a mask, you can catch it.
The droplets carry through the air.

It's safest in the open, safer with windows open and worst in closed rooms, but when there's many people and you can't properly distance the risk immediately rises.
Ie the vigil is a potential hot spot, hence the ruling banning the intended gathering.
so in that case if we can catch it from someone jogging past us should be wearing masks 100% of the time forever? I take it you wear a mask whilst passing people outside and are 2m from everyone that doesn’t live in your household at all times?

My childrens’ schools ask that parents wear masks in the playground/streets when congregating to collect children. It’s just an extra level of courtesy when social distancing is more difficult.
A level of courtesy not mandatory?

• Angry
It was clearly a big event and there was a mass gathering as seen in the video, shes clearly moving out of peoples way and avoiding brushing shoulders for a reason. Everyone in the videos is wearing a mask. She's worn one at other engagements, even outside. Shes meant to be setting an example. She clearly went *without the fanfare* bc she knew it would get out anyway as her whole face is on show. Cant exactly miss her! Her PR team are paid generously for a reason. This is seen as positive press. Where large crowds are formed, common knowledge should prevail. She knew it was the day of the gathering (even if it was supposedly cancelled).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
so in that case if we can catch it from someone jogging past us should be wearing masks 100% of the time forever? I take it you wear a mask whilst passing people outside and are 2m from everyone that doesn’t live in your household at all times?

A level of courtesy not mandatory?
No, because vaccinations are happening and they're working.

Yes, at times I do wear masks in the open as that's a regulation in some places where I am (not all, frankly I can't keep up anymore, as in some centres we have to wear them in the open and in others not, but I've stuck the thing on everywhere just in case to be safe and because I'm not gonna waste money on a fine! and I see a mix of people wearing them and not (open, many people), where it's not mandated).

Frankly I'm hoping we go the Asian (Japanese/Korean and wherever else) approach and stick with masks beyond the pandemic when the flu season starts and everyone has a cold. We'd be better off.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.