William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, because vaccinations are happening and they're working.

Yes, at times I do wear masks in the open as that's a regulation in some places where I am (not all, frankly I can't keep up anymore, as in some centres we have to wear them in the open and in others not, but I've stuck the thing on everywhere just in case to be safe and because I'm not gonna waste money on a fine! and I see a mix of people wearing them and not (open, many people), where it's not mandated).

Frankly I'm hoping we go the Asian (Japanese/Korean and wherever else) approach and stick with masks beyond the pandemic when the flu season starts and everyone has a cold. We'd be better off.
i know what you mean, I only had a cold for 2 days this winter and most people I know have said the same

Reactions: 5
A level of courtesy not mandatory?
No, not mandatory. There’s no way the schools could enforce it. Some people choose not to. It’s no skin off my nose to wear a mask, despite being a glasses wearer (so I have two choices: steamed up glasses or no glasses. Either way, I can’t see) but I wear the mask out of courtesy.

Reactions: 3
No, not mandatory. There’s no way the schools could enforce it. Some people choose not to. It’s no skin off my nose to wear a mask, despite being a glasses wearer (so I have two choices: steamed up glasses or no glasses. Either way, I can’t see) but I wear the mask out of courtesy.
a glasses wearer at my work wipes there’s with an antibac wipe and it stops them from steaming up, might be worth a try?

Reactions: 4
i know what you mean, I only had a cold for 2 days this winter and most people I know have said the same
Same! Haven't had a single sniffle this winter!
Reports from many countries show very few flu infections this winter due to the masks.
I'd really love it if we in the West adopted the Asian way of masking up in winter..

Btw also to your question on wearing masks forever, aside from the vaccines working (and having them fairly quickly to begin with!) every pandemic eventually fizzles out, so this one would go away/become less deadly at some point (eg the Spanish flu is still amongst us, but after a few years it became less deadly and other germs have died entirely, though I think that even the literal pestilence still occurs in places from time to time!!!).

a glasses wearer at my work wipes there’s with an antibac wipe and it stops them from steaming up, might be worth a try?
Putting the glasses on the mask also helps! Occasional steams still happen, but they're not bad and quickly dissipate.
Glasses have the advantage of touching the eyes less, there's a study that shows less (serious) infections amongst glass wearers, but it hasn't been ruled as cause, but a potential cause nonetheless!

Sorry everyone I’ve turned this into the Covid thread!

I’m just interested in peoples views on the outdoor side of things if we were to take it being Kate and it ending up in the media out if the equation. I’m not sure about anyone else but local to me there’s so much mask shaming and criticising of people on Facebook I ended up coming away from it. The fact that the rules keep changing and vary depending on where you live doesn’t help either I guess.

Kate made a private visit to Clapham Common today to pay her respects to Sarah Everard. I have a huge amount of respect for her for that. I’m sure Camp Sussex will play it off as a PR stunt but her facial expression says it all to me.
If it's private why do you know about it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The PR machine have been pushing the Cambridges this week to counter act the meghan and Harry claims.
I've seen a lot of stories about them which all help to portray them as the better of the two couples. Thats how the Palace PR machines work.
I've no doubt kate wanted to pay her respects and she could well have done a private phonecall or note to Sarah's family.
Going to the bandstand was an obvious PR move even if she only had good intentions, the PR machine would have been delighted to highlight it.

Reactions: 18
Honestly, her not wearing a mask while literally everyone in the background is wearing masks makes it feel VERY performative & like “damage control” in light of the M&H interview

Reactions: 21
No, because vaccinations are happening and they're working.

Yes, at times I do wear masks in the open as that's a regulation in some places where I am (not all, frankly I can't keep up anymore, as in some centres we have to wear them in the open and in others not, but I've stuck the thing on everywhere just in case to be safe and because I'm not gonna waste money on a fine! and I see a mix of people wearing them and not (open, many people), where it's not mandated).

Frankly I'm hoping we go the Asian (Japanese/Korean and wherever else) approach and stick with masks beyond the pandemic when the flu season starts and everyone has a cold. We'd be better off.
But that’s your choice, why are you making an issue about what someone else chose not to do? This is nothing to do with whether a face covering should or shouldn’t be worn, it was a woman paying her respects & showing her support with no fanfare for a woman in her position 👏🏼

Reactions: 6
I actually thought that myself!!
Good for her going to that actually. I hope they have been told to step up and do more.
Re the masks thing, the march was denied on the grounds that it breached lockdown rules so people were wearing masks to show that they were taking every precaution. That's another good thing about her going. The police cant arrest people if Kate was there too! I am no fan of hers by a long way but hopefully the backlash from that Oprah interview is that it will force them to do work that's not going to Wim ledon some football matches and the theatre, but they need to keep it up, not just do it when they need to hide some Royal scandal or other. I suppose now Meghan and Harry have gone they have nowhere to hide. The press will get bored eventually of recycling the same Meghan and Harry stories again and again
Edit: a tiny bit of washing up liquid works on glasses. My son has to wear a mask on the bus and all day at school now and has glasses, so not seeing isnt really a choice! He says the washing up liquid works all day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The PR machine have been pushing the Cambridges this week to counter act the meghan and Harry claims.
I've seen a lot of stories about them which all help to portray them as the better of the two couples. Thats how the Palace PR machines work.
I've no doubt kate wanted to pay her respects and she could well have done a private phonecall or note to Sarah's family.
Going to the bandstand was an obvious PR move even if she only had good intentions, the PR machine would have been delighted to highlight it.
Do you have any links to the stories portraying them as the better couple?

I guess none of us can say for sure if it was a PR stand or genuine.
But I have to say I also immediately questioned why she wasn't wearing a mask when she wore a mask just a couple of days earlier at this school event. But maybe she didn't intend to get close to anyone and just wanted to put her flowers down and pay her respects.

Reactions: 2
Kate was dressed casually.

Seriously. We don't have Meghan to slate so we can go back to criticising everything Kate does? So ironic at a time when how women are treated is being scrutinised again.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Kate may well remember (in the dim and distant past when she wasn't associated with William) what it is like to walk alone, but this smacks of PR, PR on the back of a murdered woman. Goddamn hyenas. And no mask, ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Kate was dressed casually.

Seriously. We don't have Meghan to slate so we can go back to criticising everything Kate does? So ironic at a time when how women are treated is being scrutinised again.
Well, people perceive and interpret it in different ways.

Meghan was criticised for being hypocritical (eg whining about her hard life whilst visiting Africa) and I guess some people feel Kate hasn't had the same experience as many of us (having been with William since college, she probably never walked home for an hour but always took a cab and she also didn't live in Brixton but in Chelsea).

I don't criticise Kate and saw it as a genuine wish to pay respect but respect that some people feel that it is a PR stunt.

Reactions: 5
I smear liquid soap on mine and then run with a towel and that stops them steaming up.

I smear liquid soap on mine and then run with a towel and that stops them steaming up.
Rub with a towel not run🤭

Last edited:
The police cant arrest people if Kate was there too
I got that wrong. They just waited for her to go before arresting them. Fine if they were being violent but according to many reports they werent. I wasn't there so I could be wrong.

I got that wrong. They just waited for her to go before arresting them. Fine if they were being violent but according to many reports they werent. I wasn't there so I could be wrong.
Kate was there in the afternoon and the arrests were made at night (after dark) - just look at the photos.
It is hardly the case that the police was gearing up to arrest people as soon as Kate was gone.

I also think that the arrests were maybe not necessary, but they certainly don't have anything to do with Kate

Kate was there in the afternoon and the arrests were made at night (after dark) - just look at the photos.
It is hardly the case that the police was gearing up to arrest people as soon as Kate was gone.

I also think that the arrests were maybe not necessary, but they certainly don't have anything to do with Kate
I know. It was more a comment on the behaviour of the police. Probably off topic for the Kate and Will thread though. I didn't mean it as a criticism of Kate, just to clarify.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.