William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
William has been very involved in climate change and created the Earthshot prize. My mum is a scientist working on climate change and she says initiatives like this have made a big difference in funding.
He needs to get something a bit more high profile or make his climate change work more high profile, like DofE or Invictus. Because as much as Earthshot is great, it's not as well known or visible to the general public, who see him as lazy and without a passion project for a cause he believes in or some worthwhile initiative.

Reactions: 9
William has been very involved in climate change and created the Earthshot prize. My mum is a scientist working on climate change and she says initiatives like this have made a big difference in funding.
Literally never heard of this before today. And I bet no average person has either. Whereas I know Charles' Duchy of Cornwall makes delicious biscuits and he has a passion for the environment.

William needs to get off his arse and stop shagging mistresses.

They have to look like walking turds in that tit brown uniform.
Hey, it helps with the potty training. Every time they see the nanny the kids are reminded to poop!

He needs to get something a bit more high profile or make his climate change work more high profile, like DofE or Invictus. Because as much as Earthshot is great, it's not as well known or visible to the general public, who see him as lazy and without a passion project for a cause he believes in or some worthwhile initiative.
I'll stand corrected if he is involved in something like that. However, didn't he talk about overpopulation when he himself has 3 children? Population growth is an issue in the developing world, where poor Black women have many children due to lack of social welfare, lack of education and lack of cheap, reliable contraception. The issue is education of girls, not necessarily overpopulation. In the west, the birthrate is well below replacement level. A rich man with more children than the average should know not to go there if he was that knowledgeable or involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'll stand corrected if he is involved in something like that. However, didn't he talk about overpopulation when he himself has 3 children? Population growth is an issue in the developing world, where poor Black women have many children due to lack of social welfare, lack of education and lack of cheap, reliable contraception. The issue is education of girls, not necessarily overpopulation. In the west, the birthrate is well below replacement level. A rich man with more children than the average should know not to go there if he was that knowledgeable or involved.
I think he had 3 children so the spare would have a fellow spare and not feel like Harry did growing up.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think he had 3 children so the spare would have a fellow spare and not feel like Harry did growing up.
Andrew had 2 'spare' siblings and he's still an entitled twit! That's not a guarantee. I thought he had a 'spare' because Kate wanted another child! And that still means he should shut up in relation to overpopulation!

Reactions: 8
Literally never heard of this before today. And I bet no average person has either. Whereas I know Charles' Duchy of Cornwall makes delicious biscuits and he has a passion for the environment.

William needs to get off his arse and stop shagging mistresses.

Hey, it helps with the potty training. Every time they see the nanny the kids are reminded to poop!
I knew of the Earthshot prize. It was launched last year, Sir Attenborough was part of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Given the number of issues amongst the Queen’s children perhaps the Queen wishes she’d been a more hands on parents. 3/4 children are divorced. I think Anne is the only one who has been scandal free (although I may stand corrected on that).
The Queen has been an exemplary monarch (if you like that sort of thing) but a lousy mother.

Reactions: 11
They have to look like walking turds in that tit brown uniform.
So, intrigued I googled norland nannies. They only wear the uniform if the family requests it and they have to complete a 3 year degree plus years probationary placement. Apparently they're a huge status symbol.

Reactions: 4
So, intrigued I googled norland nannies. They only wear the uniform if the family requests it and they have to complete a 3 year degree plus years probationary placement. Apparently they're a huge status symbol.
And of course certain people will make sure everyone knows they have a Norland because that is the whole point. Sigh.

Reactions: 4
And of course certain people will make sure everyone knows they have a Norland because that is the whole point. Sigh.
Poor kids. I bet Kate is in that camp, I've no real problem with Kate but I think she's def status conscious and would love to be a trend setter in the artisto circles

Reactions: 8
My friend has had the Norland nannies who are training...she gets them.cheaper not that amazing from what she said. But definitely a status thing.

Reactions: 3
Charles and Anne were 5 and 3 when she became Queen. She buggered off to Malta for months without them even before she was Queen! She wasn't close to her children because she just wasn't close to them. William will likely not be King until the children are adults or at least teenagers. It's an insult to all working parents to believe their work is so difficult that they can't do it without neglecting their children! People have to work 8 hours a day and manage to bring up perfectly rounded children and be perfectly close to them, yet going to Wimbledon or going to a film Premiere or shaking some hands and asking inane questions for half an hour is so onerous it cant be done without depriving your children? The bollocks the Palace and Royal Reporters put out to justify this family existence! The work they do even as Monarch is not onerous, otherwise it would not be able to be done by a 94 year old.
And she shook Charles's hand when she returned from a tour! No wonder he was so close to QEQM as he'd been mothered by her for so long as a small child. That shot of Diana holding out her arms to her boys on board Britannia was used to show what a good mother she was in contrast to the stiff royals but apparently Charles was doing the same out of shot.

Andrew and Edward were her second chance to be a proper mother. Instead she spoiled Andrew rotten. I read somewhere that Edward was only so Andrew would have a playmate.

Unsurprisingly, all four of her children appear to have been far more close to their own children, even Andrew.

P

Or perhaps before each of them spoke to millions of people H&M could have clarified how many conversations took place & when because they both said different things. Most crucially even Meghan said she assumed racism with Oprah playing it up because that’s her role in this whole fiasco.
They both most know they ramifications of making such a serious allegation but they put it out there as an assumption. An assumption.
William played a blinder today IMO calm & collected. Harry is a loose cannon.

The difference between 40 hours a week for a regular Joe & them is the scrutiny though. That said they could probably step it up a bit even just for public perception.

Given the number of issues amongst the Queen’s children perhaps the Queen wishes she’d been a more hands on parents. 3/4 children are divorced. I think Anne is the only one who has been scandal free (although I may stand corrected on that).
Anne used to have her moments when younger, the press was really in her face and bothering her non stop (as they seem to be in the habit towards younger women in the rf), had her scandals due to her affair(s?) (eg her RPO), subsequent divorce and was also called lazy, as she didn't do much when younger but was fully taxpayer funded.

Needless to say, I think for decades now she hasn't had bad press and is in the top 5 year after year in terms of engagements.

Reactions: 1
Yes, he was very vocal about it - made a speech somewhere, at some time. *Allegedly* he gave in to Kate having a third child because of the Rose (or was it Jecca? [he buggered off to her wedding instead of spending Easter with her at one point]) rumours.

Anyhoo, I've just read that today's / yesterday's engagement was meant to be Kate-only; but William accompanied her as he knew the reporters would ask if she made Meghan cry. I am impressed he did that!

Also, Kate wore pink ... not in support of Meggy *allegedly* having a girl, but as a nod to the anti-bullying colour. But sugars will spin the reason as being the former.

Only ONE nanny, quelle horror!

I mean, she has a husband, and her own extended family. Why is cutting hair once in a while and helping with homework exhausting? Because she isn't used to it I guess. Kind of ironic her whole image is as a mother but basic motherly things exhaust her. If anyone is in the bubble, I'd assume it would be household staff. As we have seen the royals are above the law so they definitely could have flouted the government mandated household rules and claimed some bogus reason to keep staff in-house. Guess we won't ever know since Kate has ascended to sainthood now.

There is a 1% chance she told the truth and there was no one to do it for her, which means a blessing that she's a commoner. If she was one of the hoity toity inbred royals they would have broken the washing machine trying to do a load of laundry!
So their staff should have been kept “in house” and away from their own families since March last year to protect Kate’s bubble abs make sure she doesn’t have to do any work?

Reactions: 1
They made her wear her uniform for the Christenings and were massively criticized for it, it smacked of massive entitlement and being completely out of touch.
Still baffling.
Most baffling that they did this again after G's Christening, when it already didn't sit well with anyone back then already.
The Midds like to show off their Norland nanny in her uniform, like the hired help she is.
That's why she didn't wear the uniform at H&M's wedding, because even the royals don't make their nannies wear uniforms.

Norland nannies are some of the most expensive you can have. I don't think any other nanny has a higher salary than Norland trained nannies.

Yes, Maria lives with them and the part time nanny (/nannies) likely as well, since they move around.
Maria is definitely the live-in kind of nanny.
Norland nannies are the best, the Fortnum and Masons of Nannies.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.