William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The PR machine have been pushing the Cambridges this week to counter act the meghan and Harry claims.
I've seen a lot of stories about them which all help to portray them as the better of the two couples. Thats how the Palace PR machines work.
I've no doubt kate wanted to pay her respects and she could well have done a private phonecall or note to Sarah's family.
Going to the bandstand was an obvious PR move even if she only had good intentions, the PR machine would have been delighted to highlight it.
Whereas had Meghan done it she’d have taken her own camera crew and ensured Scobie “leaked“ her “selfless” act. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 12
Their Instagram account has shared the Mother’s Day cards that the children made for Granny Diana. Very sweet (Charlotte’s handwriting is better than my 9 year old’s 😄) but it’s also very good PR!

Reactions: 13
Kat spent so many years walking around London just like Sarah did, no security detail or whatever. I imagine this story has affected her just like it’s affected so many other women. I really appreciated that it was low key and on the DL. Avoiding the focus being on her etc.

Reactions: 6
I really appreciated that it was low key and on the DL. Avoiding the focus being on her etc.
But then why didn’t she wear a mask like she always does? 😩 especially in a super crowded place like that with limited social distancing, etc

Reactions: 10
But then why didn’t she wear a mask like she always does? 😩 especially in a super crowded place like that with limited social distancing, etc
Probably should have had one in her pocket just in case there were lots of people 😬
Not excusing it (because she should have worn a mask) but there weren’t too many people and she doesn’t stand near other people for very long before moving on (with her female protection officer in the navy jacket following). https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...ed-visit-sarah-everard-memorial-pay-respects/

Reactions: 1
Ugh I do wish she had, but I don’t think they’re compulsory outdoors right? Probably should have one in her pocket just in case there were lots of people 😬
For me it just didn’t align with how she always wears one during all her other duties, but the ONE time something is done “on the DL”, she’s not covering her face (like her PR team specifically instructed her not to) 🙁 I’m not even bashing her, I genuinely like Kate, and I believe she herself is there for the right reasons, but I do think the RF is on massive positive-PR duty right now.

Reactions: 17
Kat spent so many years walking around London just like Sarah did, no security detail or whatever. I imagine this story has affected her just like it’s affected so many other women. I really appreciated that it was low key and on the DL. Avoiding the focus being on her etc.
I agree to some extend - but there were also differences.
Kate lived in Chelsea, not Brixton - I can tell from experiences that those areas are very different.
I would also imagine that she took cabs everywhere, which is something not everybody can afford.

Reactions: 9
For me it just didn’t align with how she always wears one during all her other duties, but the ONE time something is done “on the DL”, she’s not covering her face (like her PR team specifically instructed her not to) 🙁 I’m not even bashing her, I genuinely like Kate, and I believe she herself is there for the right reasons, but I do think the RF is on massive positive-PR duty right now.
Yes for sure, big PR focus. They seem focussed on making sure all the good work they’re doing is pushed forward. Have edited my response by the way, and I don’t think there were too many people around. It doesn’t excuse it, She really should have had a mask!

Reactions: 4
The PR machine have been pushing the Cambridges this week to counter act the meghan and Harry claims.
I've seen a lot of stories about them which all help to portray them as the better of the two couples. Thats how the Palace PR machines work.
I've no doubt kate wanted to pay her respects and she could well have done a private phonecall or note to Sarah's family.
Going to the bandstand was an obvious PR move even if she only had good intentions, the PR machine would have been delighted to highlight it.
And they are still at it with the mother's Day card. Their PR team really is good

Reactions: 10
Well, people perceive and interpret it in different ways.

Meghan was criticised for being hypocritical (eg whining about her hard life whilst visiting Africa) and I guess some people feel Kate hasn't had the same experience as many of us (having been with William since college, she probably never walked home for an hour but always took a cab and she also didn't live in Brixton but in Chelsea).

I don't criticise Kate and saw it as a genuine wish to pay respect but respect that some people feel that it is a PR stunt.
I can respect people's right to have an opinion but still feel saddened and disappointed that we continue to tear each other down in the moments when working together is most important.

Reactions: 6
Do you have any links to the stories portraying them as the better couple?
Just today we have had the insta photos of the children's mothers day cards to Granny Diana that they apparently make every year.
Harry talks about Diana to Oprah and he talks about her memory, Cambridge PR decide to show that Diana is close to them too.
Google news section was full of articles last week on William and Kate. I dont keep a log of them but I notice them when I see them.
Keep an eye and you'll see them popping up.

Its just the way PR works. It happened when Camilla was slowly being introduced as Charles girlfriend. We were slowly drip fed stories about how great Charles was, his relationship with his adult sons etc, pics of camilla with her family and looking nice etc.

Kate should have had a mask on yesterday. A mask would have also ensured a bit of privacy for her.
I do think its lovely that she went, I just think it was jumped on by the PR team when they knew she was going

I can respect people's right to have an opinion but still feel saddened and disappointed that we continue to tear each other down in the moments when working together is most important.
This is a gossip website you are on.
You are going to come across what you perceive as tearing others down. Im sure kate isn't on here browsing for news on what she's doing.
I point out what's glaringly obvious to me. I have no ball in the game. I find it all very interesting and say what I see.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This should never happen, but even if people say they believe it to be a PR stunt it doesn't mean that they "tear her down".

In any case, Kate drew attention to it, whether it was a PR stunt or not and this is a good thing

Reactions: 5
And they are still at it with the mother's Day card. Their PR team really is good
They are definitely going into overdrive on the PR on Kate and William. I also think they have been told to go out and be seen more, with a massive PR drive. Not a bad thing. If we have to have them, they should be doing more than they have been.

They are definitely going into overdrive on the PR on Kate and William. I also think they have been told to go out and be seen more, with a massive PR drive. Not a bad thing. If we have to have them, they should be doing more than they have been.
I think that how much they're doing or not is subject to royal machine and their order of pecking. I think they have Charles in focus now and no one should cast shadow on him.

Conveniently an ‘off duty’ journalist was standing near the path she was walking on. I mean come on, its just a PR stunt. They are trying to make them relevant and make them seem like they are one of us. The royals are so protected. I doubt she could have randomly decide to go to clapham common without their security team assessing the risks.

Reactions: 20
Conveniently an ‘off duty’ journalist was standing near the path she was walking on. I mean come on, its just a PR stunt. They are trying to make them relevant and make them seem like they are one of us. The royals are so protected. I doubt she could have randomly decide to go to clapham common without their security team assessing the risks.
It was carefully staged, look how wonderful Kate is compared to the wicked witch Meghan.

Reactions: 12
Let's make this clear.

Duchess Catherine > Meghan Markle.

All the Markle fans are almost always either Hollywood fanatics or leftists who think they're being good people by supporting a mixed-race woman.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.