Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Readread

VIP Member
It was in fact in India, not in Malaysia! I am sorry, I don't keep that close track hence naming wrong locations o_O
I am not going into a deep hunt for those pics, but here's a set, if you want to look for them it's the wreath laying in India a couple of years ago, she wore a white dress, there are also pics of soldiers holding her skirt down for her

I am laying this to rest now, but I started following Kate and Will when they married, though casually, hence I don't save links and pics like some obsessive maniacs (that incl the blog I linked to...), and there were many columnists and bloggers commenting (one column I linked previously), asking her to weigh her skirts and leaks from the palace that Liz was angry and was also asking her to weigh her skirts, like she asked her what she does all day as she didn't work.

The palace leaks constantly, incl to The Sun. Don't be fooled into thinking they don't, they do let their thoughts known.

The blogger above has her agenda, but she has the relevant pictures, and regardless of agenda, those pictures (and videos) don't lie.

Yes, all ladies have had their battles with the wind, but no, none other had their full head of hair and extensions blown in their face all the time and repeatedly exposed their thongs and bare bum to the world.
doesn’t look like anyone is holding her skirt down other than herself??

Reactions: 2

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
One thing that's been rumoured since the engagement is that the Windsors (even Liz and Charles) found out about W&K's engagement only on the day of the press conference/interview, but that the Midds knew for much longer.

I don't know whether anyone ever came straight out and said so or if it was only ever hinted, but in any case that rumour has been now confirmed in the docu special for their 10th anniversary.

It was also revealed that Kate went shopping for an engagement dress the day before the press conference, which is madness to me to leave it that late when you've been engaged for 3 weeks already and knew what was coming. She then had to resort to a dress she already had, as she couldn't find anything (you can never find anything good under last minute stress!).

Another rumour was that the ring was Harry's and he flipped a lid when he saw it on K's finger, as W allegedly took it out of the vault without asking. Since the old rumour about the Windsors not knowing anything till the day of the press conference has been confirmed as true, the chances that the ring rumours are true are quite high.
They spun the story as W asking H for the ring and H agreeing, but I doubt that (now). (so now H (Meg) has D's gold Cartier and W (Kate) the ring, when originally they chose the other way round after she died)

Considering Liz has to approve engagements, it's odd that she didn't know anything, imagine not telling your grandparents (whose approval you need by law) and your dad till you broadcast it to the world.
I am surprised... I thought Kate was welcomed in to the en famille.. It sounds as if she wasn't deemed suitable. Why all the cloak and dagger if everyone was happy with the match... Its like he felt that people would talk him out of it or there was too much interference. For William to do that, to take Harrys ring without asking shows how selfish and calculating he is. I was thinking what an absolute Cunt...

I don't believe that TQ only learned about the engagement on the day of the press conference. Didn't the press conference take place in Buckingham Palace? There would have been some planning, the camera crew etc would have needed passes, etc. And William most likely didn't invite the press himself, the staff would have done so and they would have discussed this.
One thing I can say, I do believe it is possible that this could have happened. Yes, but this could have been arranged under another guise...

Vanillaco

VIP Member
They went in the opposite direction of their parents failed marriage and married for love. That's awesome!
They did. And that's progress. Why should Harry have married a 'suitable' bride when he fell in love with Meghan? What's the worst that could happen? They divorce- like most of the Queens children and one of her great grandchildren and her sister. Hardly worth the hysteria, which is only pushing them together. Same goes for Wills and Kate, although no one is saying he shouldn't have married her. She's a perfect Royal wife. If they divorce, they will have just fallen out of love like many others, not been forced into a doomed and miserable marriage of convenience.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I know someone who works for a national newspaper and she has said that William has cheated in the past but they couldn't publish.

He's lucky that Kate has been able to turn a blind eye. She has her eye on the fact that she will one day be Queen so good luck to her!

Cant help but think “there’s no smoke without fire” definitely something in all the rumours!

The royal family are a law onto themselves, if they don’t want it in the press.. it won’t be in the press.

Always really like Harry, William and Kate, can’t get my head around Meghan at all 🧐

Norbs

VIP Member
Absolutely love Prince Louis and his latest pics. The instagram vs reality one is adorable. I think he's a real mischievous child and gets up to good divilment.
He certainly has a gleam in his eye.

He’s adorable.

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
Y
I mean by dropping her when he felt like it and leaving her to defend herself as a way of testing her loyalty, which is horrible. Then there's his staff calling her a mattress and allegely celebrating when they broke up - none of that behaviour is acceptable no matter what age you are.

If you had a daughter would you let her be treated like that? Or is it because he's rich and a Prince he gets away with it?
You have inside information?

I think Kate is the type who loses weight when she is stressed etc. And boy has she been stressed over the last few months with PP dying and all the negativity from over the pond. I really think stress has a lot to do with it, My sister is like that when she is stressed she loses weight but when I’m stressed I comfort eat and pile it on.
But she was just as thin in 2018 at Wimbledon. Remember the green dress she wore?

FrostyChops

VIP Member
And the middle class is the new working class these days. Many aspire to to Hunter wellies/ Barbour jacket/ flowing locks / attractive kids / stomping at the local national trust as a lifestyle.

So called royal watching over the course of some 10 years. I have a long memory. I remember the press stories and now a docu with KP cooperation. Don't know how much better a source can get than that.

Do I need to post credentials now to a gossip site to make my posts "legit"? Is there a verification blue tick to be had?

Quite fekken frankly the love the Cambs get since 2018 is befuddling. Can do no wrong.
Even a publicity stunt involving a dead woman is now "kindness". At first I thought "publicity stunt, but I won't be too harsh".
In the meantime it's been clear it was 100% a publicity stunt, 1st K appears even though police banned it, then turns out a journo is waiting for her to appear, then the met chief comes out and says the met knew she was coming withing the capacity of her "duties"(!!) and protected her, K leaves and the met beats the women up who are there. Then KP had a statement ready as soon as the footage of K's visit was released (which was tip off enough that it was a stunt) and then KP leaks that K wrote a letter to the family, but "it's private so ask no further".

I totally agree with you, and your character assessment is the type that I've heard about for ages now. That was what was said about them even when they were teens.

Here's the Tatler article, but it's likely wrong as the Cambs can't put a toe wrong, much less a foot

Honestly didn't think that writing what was said in a docu with KP approval would get so much push back and be treated as false or hearsay. Goodness me.
Thanks for the link - Wow, it really says that the Windsors only found out "that morning" (I assume it is meant the morning of the announcement, not of the day when W was "popping the question").
I still find this hard to believe - it is just too major.

I didn't know a documentary aired last night, I haven't seen it. I understood it is about to air.

mindlessness

VIP Member
But they aren't really middle class though. They live in a palace with servants and also own a large pile in the country. If Kate had married into her parents class she would have a nanny and cleaner but not the maids butlers and the army of servants she has now. It was said when they married that William loved weekends with the Middleton's where he would help her dad wash the car and mow their lawn but without losing all his royal privileges that would be an entire different matter.
See I assumed Will and Kate didn't have loads of household staff. Not entirely sure why but I thought Nanny and housekeeper for sure, yet not butlers/maids etc. Though maybe they do have lots? I don't know.

However many staff they have I agree they're not really middle class regardless - it's a rarefied, weird existence.

It's most of all a life I would not enjoy!

Last edited:

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Shes been in that location plenty of times and never given a nod to her wedding gown. It was pure white anyway and nothing at all like a cream coat

Meghan's engagement dress was dark green not black. She wore it again to one of her final Royal engagements. I really liked the dress but not the engagement bathrobe or strappy too big sandals.

The PR machine have been pushing the Cambridges this week to counter act the meghan and Harry claims.
I've seen a lot of stories about them which all help to portray them as the better of the two couples. Thats how the Palace PR machines work.
I've no doubt kate wanted to pay her respects and she could well have done a private phonecall or note to Sarah's family.
Going to the bandstand was an obvious PR move even if she only had good intentions, the PR machine would have been delighted to highlight it.
Do you have any links to the stories portraying them as the better couple?

I guess none of us can say for sure if it was a PR stand or genuine.
But I have to say I also immediately questioned why she wasn't wearing a mask when she wore a mask just a couple of days earlier at this school event. But maybe she didn't intend to get close to anyone and just wanted to put her flowers down and pay her respects.

vikka

VIP Member
I don't particularly like William. I don't think he's half as squeaky clean as he's portrayed.
I agree. He is just protected by the palace a lot more diligently than eg Harry, as he's the heir and needs a clean image.
The rumours on H's drug use were leaked by Charles's people as well as Chuck taking him to rehab and whatnot, to prop up Charles's image (he needed it, that was after Diana and Camilla entering the scene, early 2000s). Harry was furious and it was made out a bigger deal than it really was (the story differs from H "just" smoking weed to H saying he smoked to protect his friend who actually smoked..), so Charles would be seen as good father.

The palace also has a nice habit of leaking things to unreputable papers like The Sun, to gauge the public's reaction and then decide how to proceed with things. I fully believe this also includes the DailyFail, as no paper is as widely read and garners as much interaction (comments, arrows) as the dm does. Neither The Sun nor the dm are taken too seriously, so it makes for excellent choices to leak to for gauging public opinion.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
I hated her wedding gown and the evening one was even worse. Tiny pointed boobs just ruined the look.
She has a killer figure and could have gotten away with a stunning column dress for the evening. It would have looked much more elegant and grown up than the frock she wore.
I loved the lace on her wedding gown, her tiara, jewellery etc but the boobs part just ruined the effect for me
Her evening dress looked like she was playing dress-up, the cardigan she wore ruined it for me - I agree something more modern like a column dress would've suited her perfectly - I hated Megan's main dress but her evening dress was stunning.

I suspect that while Kate has all the money in the world for clothes etc. she has no sense of personal style if people get me haha - Princess Diana was stylish, as is Princess Latizia from Spain but Kate just puts on whatever her dresser lays out for her.