William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to ignore content from a few arch royalists. You can't even crack a joke without them replying like you've just walked in their house at Christmas and pissed all over their kids, some people take Royalty far to seriously!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Actually the first action photo is very famously a series of twelve action photos of a galloping horse taken in 1878, more than a hundred years ago. I knew the photos but just had to check the 19th century date.

The first Kodak camera with film for 100 photos went on sale in 1888; it required to be sent back to the factory for processing but it was certainly available to the more casual if richer consumer as opposed to dedicated photographers whether amateur or professional.

I may have said within the past two hundred years but action photos were taken and the first general public camera available to the casual photographer were both produced over a century ago, NOT within the last hundred years, but 146 years for the first and 136 for the second.

I'm not particularly a royalist but I prefer a constitutional monarchy to several examples of presidents worldwide. I do find it embarrassing when people don't know accurate history though. I also find it risible when people think that a pretty stereotypical family holiday shot is specifically copied from a recent advert.
It may have been a direct copy, there may have been no copying at all or there may have been subconscious copying if they happened to see the advert around. Either way I don’t think it matters that much and as my previous comment said when I saw the royal photo it reminded me of an advert and my mother said the same.

Of course all the official photos are carefully controlled. It seemed they wanted something a bit more creative than the usual family portrait style shot but still inoffensive.

Reactions: 4
Apparently William took the kids to see Taylor Swift last night and the Daily Fail are asking people who saw him there to contact them!

Zara and Mike were also there.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Actually the first action photo is very famously a series of twelve action photos of a galloping horse taken in 1878, more than a hundred years ago. I knew the photos but just had to check the 19th century date.

The first Kodak camera with film for 100 photos went on sale in 1888; it required to be sent back to the factory for processing but it was certainly available to the more casual if richer consumer as opposed to dedicated photographers whether amateur or professional.

I may have said within the past two hundred years but action photos were taken and the first general public camera available to the casual photographer were both produced over a century ago, NOT within the last hundred years, but 146 years for the first and 136 for the second.

I'm not particularly a royalist but I prefer a constitutional monarchy to several examples of presidents worldwide. I do find it embarrassing when people don't know accurate history though. I also find it risible when people think that a pretty stereotypical family holiday shot is specifically copied from a recent advert.
I don’t think anyone did, it was humour?
---
I had to ignore content from a few arch royalists. You can't even crack a joke without them replying like you've just walked in their house at Christmas and pissed all over their kids, some people take Royalty far to seriously!
I dont go on the M&H thread because I don’t believe they’re as awful as portrayed and that it’s a much more nuanced situation, but because of it being Tattle I know what to expect on the thread, so I don’t go there. Yet on this thread we are constantly having people try to put sunken our place for having opinions other than “OMG WanK are amazing” and then show us a YouGov poll proving how wrong we are for not liking them. The ignore button is very useful!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think anyone did, it was humour?
---

I dont go on the M&H thread because I don’t believe they’re as awful as portrayed and that it’s a much more nuanced situation, but because of it being Tattle I know what to expect on the thread, so I don’t go there. Yet on this thread we are constantly having people try to put sunken our place for having opinions other than “OMG WanK are amazing” and then show us a YouGov poll proving how wrong we are for not liking them. The ignore button is very useful!
Totally agree, so much sensitivity, this happens with irl conversations about royals as well. The spats I’ve go into for daring to suggest Catherine is anything other than perfect or that I’m not actually required to mourn the passing of QEII. People have been ready to drag me to the Tower of London and have me publicly executed for treason!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Totally agree, so much sensitivity, this happens with irl conversations about royals as well. The spats I’ve go into for daring to suggest Catherine is anything other than perfect or that I’m not actually required to mourn the passing of QEII. People have been ready to drag me to the Tower of London and have me publicly executed for treason!
I lived in London for ten years and pretty much all my pals there were British 'subjects'. But I don't recall the Royals being even mentioned much in conversation and severa ofl them were even quite Republican.

So the Royal stan culture thankfully eluded me. I fully admit to being fascinated by the institution and the history and all the DRAMA but as individuals? Meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I agree. I keep away from the Meghan threads as she doesn’t bother me. I’m indifferent about her and Harry but I do believe some of what he’s said. But on the other hand, he’s very sensitive to some things. He needs thicker skin. He’s very much like his mom! That’s not necessarily a bad trait but it doesn’t help him with the media. I can’t like Wills. I don’t know why. I like Catherine but I think she puts up with an awful lot and I’m sorry, I believe the rumours he cheats. He’s an aristocratic red blooded man, it’s what they do. Prince Albert is a prime example and William is said to be quite friendly with him. I think there’s good and bad in everyone but unfortunately some can’t see past their hatred to admit it! I genuinely don’t think they’ve done anything to warrant the hatred and vitriolic nature towards them! But hey ho! It’s tattle! So I just ignore their comments!

Reactions: 4
I lived in London for ten years and pretty much all my pals there were British 'subjects'. But I don't recall the Royals being even mentioned much in conversation and severa ofl them were even quite Republican.

So the Royal stan culture thankfully eluded me. I fully admit to being fascinated by the institution and the history and all the DRAMA but as individuals? Meh.
I find they can come up in general conversations occasionally when something specific is going on, like the queen passing, a birth, a marriage etc.

Reactions: 2
I find they can come up in general conversations occasionally when something specific is going on, like the queen passing, a birth, a marriage etc.
Oh 100%, I was living there when Diana died (even went to Kensington a week or two later out of morbid curiosity) but without their dysfunctional (at times) drama they wpuld be largely ignored I think

Reactions: 1
Or maybe they are just dickheads so she didn't invite them? Every family has them.

I highly doubt they'd be running up to celebs slagging her off. They'd be quiet and enjoy the day then sell the story later.
Seeing what I have of her family, the step brother and sister I would not have invited them. The Father was invited

Reactions: 3
Good for him! He’d be criticised if he sat still… if he swayed slightly… if he lay on the floor… whatever he did- Looks like he and the kids had a good time!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Good for him! He’d be criticised if he sat still… if he swayed slightly… if he lay on the floor… whatever he did- Looks like he and the kids had a good time!
Didnt need the selfie with Taylor to be plastered everywhere. So many kids who could never even dream to be able to afford to go and they rub it in all their faces. Poor Charlotte is looking more and more like William in the photos, I’d never really noticed it before.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Didnt need the selfie with Taylor to be plastered everywhere. So many kids who could never even dream to be able to afford to go and they rub it in all their faces. Poor Charlotte is looking more and more like William in the photos, I’d never really noticed it before.
That is probably the best thing that happened those kids all year- Delighted for them and lovely to see those pictures of them looking so happy- I don’t begrudge them that happiness when their grandfather and mum are seriously ill 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Bizarre that a daughter looks like her Dad 😳

It’s hardly rubbing it in peoples faces. Plus I’d rather be a poor kid who can’t afford to go than a rich kid who has her looks criticised or strangers slagging her family off online.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24