William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many break ups .... there were two. One rumored one in 2004. And one in 2007 which lasted for about 7 weeks. She also didn't hang on. She was just in a relationship with her boyfriend who she started dating when they were both very young. šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Her family facilitating snagging William...... Yup William didn't have a choice. He did what he was told. They made him fall in love with her. They made him start a relationship with her. They made him propose to her. They made him marry her. They made him have children with her. They made him have a relationship with her for the last 21 years. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

How do you know what her interests are except for pleasing William, her kids, being thin and her hair. Did she tell you that? You have no idea what her interests are because she keeps her private life just that private.

She has much interesting and intelligent things to say and has done so for the last 13 years. Her speeches are on the internet.

And for William he does work. He has his royal foundation. Duchy of Cornwall a billion pound business. Earth shot Foundation and others. And he does standard royal work.
Is that you Pippa?

You seem to be hugely upset at anyone finding Kate to be dull or boring.

The late Queen didn't give opinions in public and that was her choice. She could show opinion with a glance or with her outfit choice and as she got older she showed more and more of her feelings.

In a modern royal family, I want to see a future Queen who will speak out when something needs saying. If she doesn't want to do that then the least she could do is be out helping young parents who are struggling with their lives and children. Start an initiative for free books or bring together people who can make changes so that parents can start to overcome challenges that daily life brings.
She doesn't have to be just a clothes horse and mother to a future king. She can use her position and voice like other European royals can and do. Queen Maxima being an example. Queen Rania another.

If she doesn't want to use her voice then she could roll her sleeves up and get stuck into something substantial. That's surely the point of being influential and having a platform in these modern times?
The late Queen was a figurehead in very different times. The royals need to move forward now.

Camilla is great, Sophie is great. Both are championing things close to their hearts and aren't afraid to use the words domestic violence, sexual violence etc. Things that our late Queen would never have dreamt of discussing or championing. That's ok, Queen Elizabeth was of a different era and her life and times were very different to these days. They need to move with the times if they want to stay as a monarchy.

If I was polled, I'd choose camilla Sophie and Anne as the top royals.

As for workshy Willie, the duchy of Cornwall is well established and there are plenty of managers in place, he isn't in there 9-5 knee deep in HR and securing orders. His father was deeply involved and knew every tenant farmer etc, I doubt William will put half as much into it as Charles did.
I don't really know what he does for earthshot but again there will be many people running it all, it's not him working 18 hours a day to get it off the ground.

Reactions: 20
The free books thing would be SUCH a great initiative. Something like Dolly Parton's library, but in the UK. Camilla should get on that with her literacy drive. I love it!

I remember during their engagement a cousin of Kate said - she is only interested in what relates to her/affects her personally - paraphrasing - and I think that rings true. She only got into child development when she had kids and generally I noticed it followed a pattern of the development/ages of her own children.

Camilla's work with domestic violence survivors, wash bags for rape survivors, shows that you can get into some topics that would have been considered inappropriate for a royal in generations past.

Neither of them have a work ethic. It has been observed over years and years, not just when married, but before, too. They can skive off and get away with it because they are not Harry and Meghan, but how long will that last? I genuinely don't think William gives a toss - he seems to have an attitude of 'how dare they' at being expected to do the bare minimum. As I've said - he and Harry are a lot alike...

He especially needs to step up - but he has no reason to because ego.

Reactions: 18
The free books thing would be SUCH a great initiative. Something like Dolly Parton's library, but in the UK. Camilla should get on that with her literacy drive. I love it!

I remember during their engagement a cousin of Kate said - she is only interested in what relates to her/affects her personally - paraphrasing - and I think that rings true. She only got into child development when she had kids and generally I noticed it followed a pattern of the development/ages of her own children.

Camilla's work with domestic violence survivors, wash bags for rape survivors, shows that you can get into some topics that would have been considered inappropriate for a royal in generations past.

Neither of them have a work ethic. It has been observed over years and years, not just when married, but before, too. They can skive off and get away with it because they are not Harry and Meghan, but how long will that last? I genuinely don't think William gives a toss - he seems to have an attitude of 'how dare they' at being expected to do the bare minimum. As I've said - he and Harry are a lot alike...

He especially needs to step up - but he has no reason to because ego.
That's a lie. Catherine has a couple of cousins. And those cousins have never talked to the media. That story about a (nameless) cousin saying that was from a tabloid not real life. Stop believing everything you read about these people. šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If youā€™ve got to drag someone else down to shore someone else up youā€™ve lost your point immediately. Role model to charities? How? She turns up, grins, chats to children, tosses her hair around and goes home an hour later, thatā€™s no role model.
Whose dragged who down. Yes, she is a role model to some. Malala is not a part of the institution and I didn't see the correlation of role model in this scenario. Also, belittling ones own grandmother doesn't really need me to say much about it at all. Absolutely no one's been dragged down here.

Reactions: 1
Whose dragged who down. Yes, she is a role model to some. Malala is not a part of the institution and I didn't see the correlation of role model in this scenario. Also, belittling ones own grandmother doesn't really need me to say much about it at all. Absolutely no one's been dragged down here.
You, having yet again dragged Meghan doing something unsavoury into a conversation about how great Kate is, it had nothing to do with Kate and whether she is dull. Honestly, when you have to drag someone else in as being worse than your fave then youā€™ve lost your point.
---
So is Kate dead?
Or divorced?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You, having yet again dragged Meghan doing something unsavoury into a conversation about how great Kate is, it had nothing to do with Kate and whether she is dull. Honestly, when you have to drag someone else in as being worse than your fave then youā€™ve lost your point.
I don't have a "fave". Not at all. I simply stated the other side of the conversation. Some say she isn't a role model, some say she is. I'm from the North of England, our grandparents mean the world to us, acting like that will always leave a bad taste in our mouths. You can't talk of one person's personality and then begrudge me comparing it to that of another's...

Reactions: 2
I don't have a "fave". Not at all. I simply stated the other side of the conversation. Some say she isn't a role model, some say she is. I'm from the North of England, our grandparents mean the world to us, acting like that will always leave a bad taste in our mouths. You can't talk of one person's personality and then begrudge me comparing it to that of another's...
Whatā€™s being in the North of England got to do with loving your grandparents? Your desperate attempts to justify slagging Meghan off again on a Kate thread are laughable.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Whatā€™s being in the North of England got to do with loving your grandparents? Your desperate attempts to justify slagging Meghan off again on a Kate thread are laughable.
Now now stay calm! Nothing desperate over here. The thread is an open discussion. Not a hate thread....unless I and others missed that memo.

Reactions: 1
That's a lie. Catherine has a couple of cousins. And those cousins have never talked to the media. That story about a (nameless) cousin saying that was from a tabloid not real life. Stop believing everything you read about these people. šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚
How do you know unless you are pippa/carole or one of the cousins

Reactions: 5
There was also a tabloid story years ago with a "friend" saying that Camilla was the laziest woman they knew. Yeah, right, it certainly seems so with everything she's doing.
---
Even the CEO of the anti-monarchy group Republic thinks that Kate as "a regular person" should be left to get on with recovering without all the speculation. (They did wish both her and the King well after the announcement of their diagnoses as they object to the institution not the people personally.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What aspects of her life make you think Kate is a role model? I don't see anything in her to look up to or aspire to at all. Don't have negative feelings but I don't see that she's achieved very much at all and considering her privileged position I think this is a real shame thete was so much opportunity. She could have really made a difference as could her husband. That said, at the moment she should be left alone to get better.

Reactions: 13
I donā€™t dislike Kateā€™s public persona, she performs well for the Royals. Impeccably dressed, no drama, smiley and chatty. But as for achievements? I feel the same. I donā€™t understand what it is sheā€™s achieved. Camilla seems far more dedicated to the charities she supports, Charles does too with the Princes Trust. William turns up to the F.A. games and I know heā€™s involved with the Air Ambulance charity but for who he is and what he could possibly do, heā€™s quite hesitant to get stuck in.
Iā€™m from the North, I didnā€™t have much of a relationship with my Grandparents. One set moved miles away. I genuinely donā€™t see how that forges an opinion on anyone or anything because family life can be very difficult for a lot of people. I envy people with a close family. Iā€™ve never had one. Does it make me a terrible person because I donā€™t tolerate them around my own children?
If Kate is out shopping then I agree with another comment made previously on these threads, there seems to be sightings but no evidence in photos. I am very cynical and I think in a group of say 10 people, you may get one or two who will say ā€œNo, Iā€™m not taking pictures, she deserves privacyā€! The rest will snap away and that picture will be online the second they can upload it.
Feeling up to walking around shops isnā€™t a sign sheā€™s fully recovered but at the same time a few minutes on zoom to a couple of the charities boards she serves on, that wouldnā€™t be too much. These donā€™t have to be publicly available either, just a statement to say sheā€™s back to short working hours supporting her charities and has made zoom calls. When we have a country where thousands upon thousands of people are sick but forced to go to work, it would show she has an understanding of that!

Reactions: 10
My Mum underwent chemo and still managed shopping trips with me in between sessions.
She felt awful for the week after each session though.
Plus her energy was ravaged and she often had to run to the loo - I can understand how this would be difficult on public engagements if Kate was experiencing similar side effects.
Also if sheā€™s lost her hair, or is bloated from steroids I canā€™t see her appearing in public for the foreseeable future.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sheā€™s as dull as dishwater. The clutching of pearls and insisting on defending how interesting she apparently is (she does a great job of hiding any personality, if she has such a thing) is downright bizarre behaviour. Stalker vibes, Dear Kate I wrote you and posted the same screenshot on Tattle 48 times to defend you but you still ainā€™t callin ā€¦
I love it when people get all upset everytime someone writes Kate instead of Catherine...plase, someone bring smelling salts...

If Harry had married someone like Madeleine of Sweden, royalists would have called for removing of ''commoner'' Kate and her kids from the LOS.

• Haha
Now now stay calm! Nothing desperate over here. The thread is an open discussion. Not a hate thread....unless I and others missed that memo.
Iā€™m quite calm, just donā€™t understand the need to drag Meghan in every conversation. Like Kate and want to say something positive then great, go for it, why does there have to be a ā€œKates greatā€ with a ā€œlook how tit Meghan isā€ addendum. Meghan being a dick does not make Kate great.
---
I love it when people get all upset everytime someone writes Kate instead of Catherine...plase, someone bring smelling salts...

If Harry had married someone like Madeleine of Sweden, royalists would have called for removing of ''commoner'' Kate and her kids from the LOS.
The Daily Mail comments are hilarious when they call her Kate Middleton!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Iā€™m quite calm, just donā€™t understand the need to drag Meghan in every conversation. Like Kate and want to say something positive then great, go for it, why does there have to be a ā€œKates greatā€ with a ā€œlook how tit Meghan isā€ addendum. Meghan being a dick does not make Kate great.
---

The Daily Mail comments are hilarious when they call her Kate Middleton!
What I don't get is when people lose their absolute tit over the use of Kate and then the same people use Wills and Chas/Chuck in the same breath!

Reactions: 9
People are forgetting that a lot of us donā€™t care about RF and if I wanna call her Kate I will. Only idiots feel triggered by that, she wouldnā€™t piss on you if you would be on fire, so please stop .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
What aspects of her life make you think Kate is a role model? I don't see anything in her to look up to or aspire to at all. Don't have negative feelings but I don't see that she's achieved very much at all and considering her privileged position I think this is a real shame thete was so much opportunity. She could have really made a difference as could her husband. That said, at the moment she should be left alone to get better.
OK, I do not think this personally. I do however know people who think this. I think Diana broke the mold, but its a little bit harder for any of them to do that now as we're are a very different nation these days and they are exceptionally over privileged for us to even congratulate them on an achievement.

OK, I do not think this personally. I do however know people who think this. I think Diana broke the mold, but its a little bit harder for any of them to do that now as we're are a very different nation these days and they are exceptionally over privileged for us to even congratulate them on an achievement.
I blame the media for a lot of this,the sycophancy and infantilism displayed towards them is embarrassing.

• Heart