William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha imagine Kate dandering around a hotel hoping no one would notice her.
Funny how this person never managed to score a photo of her.

People are cray cray sometimes

Reactions: 5
I have just seen a TikTok, a lady saying that Charlotte and Kate were seen out shopping together. Lots of other people in comments are saying they saw her too. Still plenty of people saying if she is well enough to shop should be at work and why didn’t people take photos. Just thought it was worth sharing

Reactions: 4
I have just seen a TikTok, a lady saying that Charlotte and Kate were seen out shopping together. Lots of other people in comments are saying they saw her too. Still plenty of people saying if she is well enough to shop should be at work and why didn’t people take photos. Just thought it was worth sharing
Unfortunately the only thing proven by Kates absence, Williams reluctance to do more than the bare minimum and Charles reduced workload is how unnecessary they all are and that the country has not missed any of them. William may not get the opportunity to be King if this carries on.

Reactions: 24
I think he’d like that. No work: keep the houses, money and worship as the golden boy.

Reactions: 8
Unfortunately the only thing proven by Kates absence, Williams reluctance to do more than the bare minimum and Charles reduced workload is how unnecessary they all are and that the country has not missed any of them. William may not get the opportunity to be King if this carries on.
I feel like I've seen William out and about loads recently tbf.

Reactions: 7
I feel like I've seen William out and about loads recently tbf.
How? They’ve supposedly cancelled everything because of the election, although he’s managing to go to football matches of course. I think the press are jus talking about him as opposed to him doing anything.

Yesterday he was in Cardiff. Days before he was in Portsmouth, day after in France.........

• Heart
I can't believe people would display such stupidity to equate being able to shop to being able to work ...

Reactions: 14
I can't believe people would display such stupidity to equate being able to shop to being able to work ...
Because Kates “work” isn’t exactly demanding, she’s not doing a ten hour shift at Sainsbury’s is she? Her work can be as easy as a ten minute zoom call or a video thanking the public……. If her appeance is not bothering her then she can do other stuff.

Reactions: 11
Because Kates “work” isn’t exactly demanding, she’s not doing a ten hour shift at Sainsbury’s is she? Her work can be as easy as a ten minute zoom call or a video thanking the public……. If her appeance is not bothering her then she can do other stuff.
It's not just the physical element of being at work though, it's the mental aspect.

I work in HR and would totally encourage people on long term sick (which Catherine is) to do things that better their mental health AND help build up their stamina and not to worry about work.

A 10 minute zoom call will involve countless script rewrites, talking points to memorize, hair and makeup, setting aside likely most of a day to prep around and to debrief afterwards and then add on the mental toll of her maybe feeling like she LOOKS like someone with an illness and then any side effects of any treatment or general lingering exhaustion and it's a much bigger deal.

This isn't just at you as I see this argument a lot but I also think it's so reductive to compare her role to that of someone doing a shift in a supermarket. My company offers 12 months sick pay and then a partial return to work period of up to 6 months on full pay so you don't have to come back at 40hrs a week. Her job is nothing close to that of a supermarket worker so why compare her 'perks' to theirs?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She's off receiving cancer treatment, doesn't matter how demanding her job is, she doesn't have to do anything when she's going through cancer treatment. No other worker would be expected to in any other job.

I'm not a Kate fan, I find her to be utterly dull and boring. If there wasn't so much talk about it, I don't think I would notice that she hasn't been photographed this year. She is entitled to privacy around her health

William is a lazy bastard though. That is absolutely evident and never more than since his father has announced his cancer.
He wants the trappings associated with being Prince of Wales but doesn't want to do the work

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She's off receiving cancer treatment, doesn't matter how demanding her job is, she doesn't have to do anything when she's going through cancer treatment. No other worker would be expected to in any other job.

I'm not a Kate fan, I find her to be utterly dull and boring. If there wasn't so much talk about it, I don't think I would notice that she hasn't been photographed this year. She is entitled to privacy around her health

William is a lazy bastard though. That is absolutely evident and never more than since his father has announced his cancer.
He wants the trappings associated with being Prince of Wales but doesn't want to do the work
She is most popular royal in UK (and US) polls so it's just a small part of population who thinks she is boring and dull. I always have to laugh at. Those people who find her boring and dull I really don't get. She is far from boring or dull. She just doesn't rock the boat. She does her duty and then goes on with her private life. When she is on duty she always mucks in with everything. She is always up for a laugh. Everyone who meets her or work with her have only positive things to say about her. She keeps her private life just that private.

It's just that she doesn't bring drama. According to journalists she is allergic to drama. She just doesn't do that. And yes that makes her dull and boring for gossipers. I say good for her.

And as for William good for him that he is focusing on his wife and children during this difficult time. Any husband (wife, partner) would do that if they could.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She is most popular royal in UK (and US) polls so it's just a small part of population who thinks she is boring and dull. I always have to laugh at. Those people who find her boring and dull I really don't get. She is far from boring or dull. She just doesn't rock the boat. She does her duty and then goes on with her private life. When she is on duty she always mucks in with everything. She is always up for a laugh. Everyone who meets her or work with her have only positive things to say about her. She keeps her private life just that private.

It's just that she doesn't bring drama. According to journalists she is allergic to drama. She just doesn't do that. And yes that makes her dull and boring for gossipers. I say good for her.

And as for William good for him that he is focusing on his wife and children during this difficult time. Any husband (wife, partner) would do that if they could.
Yes, Kate does not bring drama, she looks and acts professional and - as you say - shows a good sense of humour and always happily joins in with everything.

I also think she is talented and disciplined: she is so sporty, even beating William in a cycling contest whilst wearing heels (!), she played the piano with this pop band at one of her carol services (albeit pre-recorded) and she can draw, having posted a drawing of St Andrews.
How can this be "dull"?
It seems bizarre that someone who stirs up silly drama is less dull than someone who has so many interests and is actually skilled at them (drawing, piano, the arts, sports, gardening, baking).

Reactions: 17
Agree being able to shop doesn't mean a person is well enough to work. It might indicate she's not on her deathbed though (which is good).
She's a really basic pianist and I was always annoyed the piano gigs she did didn't go to a more gifted and passionate musician.

Reactions: 10
Agree being able to shop doesn't mean a person is well enough to work. It might indicate she's not on her deathbed though (which is good).
She's a really basic pianist and I was always annoyed the piano gigs she did didn't go to a more gifted and passionate musician.
Ah ok, I wouldn't be able to judge that.

Reactions: 2
It's not just the physical element of being at work though, it's the mental aspect.

I work in HR and would totally encourage people on long term sick (which Catherine is) to do things that better their mental health AND help build up their stamina and not to worry about work.

A 10 minute zoom call will involve countless script rewrites, talking points to memorize, hair and makeup, setting aside likely most of a day to prep around and to debrief afterwards and then add on the mental toll of her maybe feeling like she LOOKS like someone with an illness and then any side effects of any treatment or general lingering exhaustion and it's a much bigger deal.

This isn't just at you as I see this argument a lot but I also think it's so reductive to compare her role to that of someone doing a shift in a supermarket. My company offers 12 months sick pay and then a partial return to work period of up to 6 months on full pay so you don't have to come back at 40hrs a week. Her job is nothing close to that of a supermarket worker so why compare her 'perks' to theirs?
You sound like a great HR person, there need to be more like you, where I work people are given 12 month written warnings for absence which is triggered so easily and it’s tough. One guy was off for side10 days after being in a car accident, given a written warning for “not fulfilling his contract”.

My point with Kate is that no one is asking the world from her, her “work” can be as basic and simple as possible but this country and its media love to infantilise the RF, unless you’re named Harry or Megan, and they will excuse and justify anything and everything from them. Personally I have no problem with Kate being off, whether she currently has cancer or not just the fact that it was there will have been utterly terrifying and life changing for her. Kates biggest problem is her advisors and William and her inability to have any kind of personality, she’s just a mannequin they wheel out.

Her being missing has changed nothing, no one has suffered, charities haven’t collapsed and as I said yesterday the last 6 months have done nothing but prove the point that the RF really aren’t necessary anymore. Camilla has been the one to step up, but unfortunately shown her more unpleasant side, Charles is trying and William gives no fucks about anything other than himself. They’re all just fading into the background where they belong and if William doesn’t buck his ideas up after the election George may never have to worry about becoming King in the way his grandad is.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Any other partner or husband would still have to do their full time job as well as supporting their spouse kids and run the home. Lucky william has so much help, he could support them all whilst doing his job though.

I'm fully aware that she's the most popular royal, there isn't a huge pool of amazing royals to choose from so one of them has to be the most popular.
Of course she doesn't put a foot wrong and she fulfils her role very well. I've never said otherwise.
I am a fan of the royal family but it doesn't mean I can't find some of them dull and boring

Yes she's sporty and mucks in on engagements, that's her job. I wouldnt expect anything less.
We don't know what she does or doesn't do in her private life although as you say she doesn't create drama and that's great. She's in a very privileged position so it isn't in her interest to create drama.

She seems lovely when she's meeting the public, of course she is, it's her job and life now. I've met her myself.

I find her dull though. That's my perogative. I've not seen any personality injected into any of her projects. No one knows Kate. No one knows her real personality other than the persona we see.

I would have liked to have seen her bring something extra to her role, step out of her comfort zone and tackle issues. She won't ever do that as she is content to stay behind William and perform the stepford wife role no matter what.

Good for her. She follows the groove carved out for her. She won't step a foot over the edge and that's fine.

I don't see her musical talent, I don't see her photography talent. I see that she's athletic and is a loving mum. Other than that, I have no idea about her as we never see any glimpses at all

Reactions: 11
Any other partner or husband would still have to do their full time job as well as supporting their spouse kids and run the home. Lucky william has so much help, he could support them all whilst doing his job though.

I'm fully aware that she's the most popular royal, there isn't a huge pool of amazing royals to choose from so one of them has to be the most popular.
Of course she doesn't put a foot wrong and she fulfils her role very well. I've never said otherwise.
I am a fan of the royal family but it doesn't mean I can't find some of them dull and boring

Yes she's sporty and mucks in on engagements, that's her job. I wouldnt expect anything less.
We don't know what she does or doesn't do in her private life although as you say she doesn't create drama and that's great. She's in a very privileged position so it isn't in her interest to create drama.

She seems lovely when she's meeting the public, of course she is, it's her job and life now. I've met her myself.

I find her dull though. That's my perogative. I've not seen any personality injected into any of her projects. No one knows Kate. No one knows her real personality other than the persona we see.

I would have liked to have seen her bring something extra to her role, step out of her comfort zone and tackle issues. She won't ever do that as she is content to stay behind William and perform the stepford wife role no matter what.

Good for her. She follows the groove carved out for her. She won't step a foot over the edge and that's fine.

I don't see her musical talent, I don't see her photography talent. I see that she's athletic and is a loving mum. Other than that, I have no idea about her as we never see any glimpses at all
Agree. She’s an average person. Nice, polite but nothing wow. I suspect that that’s how the RF has shaped her to be though. I don’t understand people who fawn over her…she’s fine. But hasn’t done anything outstanding with her position and seems very uninterested, which I guess is her prerogative.

The monarchy has survived without the past 6 months and will continue to even if she never comes back. You can’t say that she’s missed. I think they all need to realise that none of them are essential. A lot of their “popularity” is propped but by how polarised people are when it comes to Harry and Meghan. Shes the best of bad bunch when it comes to opinion polls and I suspect most people pick her because she’s young and has cute kids and is pretty inoffensive. I think most people polled don’t really care one way or another.

Reactions: 14