William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a BF back in the day who was in the marines band. They played at Eddie and Sophie’s wedding. He said they all acted like a normal family and danced away, even the Queen and Phil
That’s so lovely to know! Its what I was hoping, that it’s more like a normal family wedding.

Reactions: 9
I think it shows what kind of person she is. She was only interested in celebrity and being center of attention, and has been like that all her life. Narc.
I agree I just thought it was sad she didn’t have more relatives there. I wondered how well she actually knew the guests who were there. Always thought the white dress and full veil were inappropriate for a second marriage.

Reactions: 1
I agree I just thought it was sad she didn’t have more relatives there. I wondered how well she actually knew the guests who were there. Always thought the white dress and full veil were inappropriate for a second marriage.
She had friends there and we've seen what her dad's side of the family are like now. So it was probably wise they weren't there

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She had friends there and we've seen what her dad's side of the family are like now. So it was probably wise they weren't there
I just wondered about aunts, uncles, cousins etc . … I understand excluding a few relatives for strategic reasons though.

I honestly despise both sides of my family and would never invite any of them to my wedding. I also haven’t spoken to my dad in over a decade and don’t ever plan to again. I’m very close to my mam and we do fine on our own. Not all families are happy ones. Sorry for the merail!

A lot of the celebrities were friends but was kinda odd that they tried to invite Reese Witherspoon when they didn’t know her. W&K did also have random people that were more seat fillers. I remember they invited Brian O Driscoll, and Irish rugby player, who couldn’t attend and his wife Amy Huberman attended on her own. She couldn’t bring a plus one. Both weddings had seat fillers I’m sure.

anyone else think it’s so tacky how the back and forth over who was invited and when to the big wedding tomorrow?. William and Harry are centring themselves in someone else’s day. I think William got the ball rolling though.

Reactions: 8
I honestly despise both sides of my family and would never invite any of them to my wedding. I also haven’t spoken to my dad in over a decade and don’t ever plan to again. I’m very close to my mam and we do fine on our own. Not all families are happy ones. Sorry for the merail!

A lot of the celebrities were friends but was kinda odd that they tried to invite Reese Witherspoon when they didn’t know her. W&K did also have random people that were more seat fillers. I remember they invited Brian O Driscoll, and Irish rugby player, who couldn’t attend and his wife Amy Huberman attended on her own. She couldn’t bring a plus one. Both weddings had seat fillers I’m sure.

anyone else think it’s so tacky how the back and forth over who was invited and when to the big wedding tomorrow?. William and Harry are centring themselves in someone else’s day. I think William got the ball rolling though.
To be honest I’d think it was kinda sad for anyone to have such a huge wedding and have so few relatives there but each to their own. I get not all families get on.

Reactions: 3
I think the OP was referring to WanK who got married on a Friday and it was a public holiday.
I actually thought it was rather sad that Meg only had her mum there and padded it with celebs she probably didn’t know that well.
“Sad” or rather telling?! All the clues were there… 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just wondered about aunts, uncles, cousins etc . … I understand excluding a few relatives for strategic reasons though.
It was really bizarre, I get exclude a few troublemakers, but nobody other than her mother? They can’t all have been that dodgy, I think she was ashamed of them and where they came from and that’s so sad.
---

Im at the point where I think the Royal rota have so little to talk about that they’re jumping on anything and everything. I do think both brothers are briefing the press for their “side” of events and Camilla is for sure. Its such a shame it’s all turned out the way it has because M&H would have been golden to have at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She has a niece that was in the Netflix doc who was uninvited after being invited.
No reason why she couldn't have been there if she hadn't been uninvited.
Meghan didn't want family there as she didn't want anyone to hear anything that she couldn't control

Im at the point where I think the Royal rota have so little to talk about that they’re jumping on anything and everything. I do think both brothers are briefing the press for their “side” of events and Camilla is for sure. Its such a shame it’s all turned out the way it has because M&H would have been golden to have at this point.
I think that they have irritated the public even before MM went on her maternity leave (the first one). It is good for the BRF that they left. It is the better option to give the York sisters more duties or make them working members.

Reactions: 2
She has a niece that was in the Netflix doc who was uninvited after being invited.
Meghan didn't want family there as she didn't want anyone to hear anything that she couldn't control
I think that's it.

It was also so irritating to always hear in the documentary - "would you not rather hear it directly from us?", "They were talking about us"", "They were spreading falsehoods"

How does that make sense? All her family went running to the press afterwards anyway.

Reactions: 7
How does that make sense? All her family went running to the press afterwards anyway.
She is not the smartest tool in the box, as she did not suceed in managing her reputation.

She obviously invited people she wanted to impress (Oprah for example) and the risk of them talking to relatives who spill some of her secrets or have some not so flattering things to say was maybe too great for her.

She is not the smartest tool in the box, as she did not suceed in managing her reputation.

She obviously invited people she wanted to impress (Oprah for example) and the risk of them talking to relatives who spill some of her secrets or have some not so flattering things to say was maybe too great for her.
Or maybe they are just dickheads so she didn't invite them? Every family has them.

I highly doubt they'd be running up to celebs slagging her off. They'd be quiet and enjoy the day then sell the story later.

Reactions: 10
I think that they have irritated the public even before MM went on her maternity leave (the first one). It is good for the BRF that they left. It is the better option to give the York sisters more duties or make them working members.
Yes, my opinion of her changed when they did their African tour and she complained that no one asked if she was okay!
Totally lacking in self awareness.
Anyway, this is the William and Kate thread so I shall leave it there.

Reactions: 13
The ones that went to the press anyway were complete nutters.
There were other family members she could have had there but didn't. If there were family members there who inadvertently let something slip that didn't suit the narrative she built around herself then that wouldn't do. Maybe they don't look fancy enough or maybe she doesn't get along with anyone in her family other than her mother. If that's the case then that's tragic. She appeared to have a close bond with her father and then that got blown apart.
I think that situation should never have happened and could have been prevented if she had wanted to prevent it. At the very least she could have gotten through it with him.

It's interesting that she alienated her whole family and suddenly Harry is alienated from his too.

Reactions: 6
The ones that went to the press anyway were complete nutters.
There were other family members she could have had there but didn't. If there were family members there who inadvertently let something slip that didn't suit the narrative she built around herself then that wouldn't do. Maybe they don't look fancy enough or maybe she doesn't get along with anyone in her family other than her mother. If that's the case then that's tragic. She appeared to have a close bond with her father and then that got blown apart.
I think that situation should never have happened and could have been prevented if she had wanted to prevent it. At the very least she could have gotten through it with him.

It's interesting that she alienated her whole family and suddenly Harry is alienated from his too.
Dont forget Dorias family too, the uncle that got her the internship at the embassy - he wasnt invited either.

Mind you, this is a W and K thread, and they too have a few dodgy uncles between them,!

• Heart