William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When was the last time the nanny was for definite confirmed to still be working for them? I wouldn’t be surprised if she left sometime last year after George turned 10. It’s a very demanding job and I’d also imagine not the easiest. It must take over and make it hard to have a life of your own. I could see George being 10 and heading for the preteen age, plus Charlotte and Louis being a bit older as a “good” time to call it a day and move on/go back home.

Reactions: 1
When was the last time the nanny was for definite confirmed to still be working for them? I wouldn’t be surprised if she left sometime last year after George turned 10. It’s a very demanding job and I’d also imagine not the easiest. It must take over and make it hard to have a life of your own. I could see George being 10 and heading for the preteen age, plus Charlotte and Louis being a bit older as a “good” time to call it a day and move on/go back home.
She was definitely still working for them at the Coronation as Louis was taken out for a while during the ceremony so he wouldn't get too bored and fractious.

However, I can see them still needing some form of childcare when Kate is back on royal duties in order to do school runs when Kate or William can't or to cover evening functions and trips abroad. It may be Granny and Grandad Middleton though now that they've given up the business.

Reactions: 1
Just watching Fergie on GMB....I feel it was really mean of William and Kate not to invite her their wedding. I am no fan of Harry and Megan, but they invited her to their wedding. Especially as Beatrice and Eugenie are best cousins.

I am no fan of Andrew!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It could very well be that they don’t have a 24/7 nanny anymore and therefore Maria has moved on to a different family. It was reported that their move to Adeleide cottage meant no live in staff - so Maria might live in a different property close by but not be as prominently with them anymore. K&W make a big thing out of being there to actually raise their children. How much they do that in reality is up for debate but it has been a constant reason for not taking on more engagements and not travelling as much. So it would be the logical course of action for the nanny to take on a lesser and lesser role and at one point none at all. I don’t think they will be completely without a nanny though. Not till Louis hits at least 16. I do hope that Maria is still with them though. She has been a constant for the family and her presence would probably give lots of comfort to the children and probably even W&C. They have trusted her for at least a decade, so they must have been happy with her and she with them.

Reactions: 4
I am really not surprised by the lack of photos. Just like we never get to see snaps of the children at their extracurriculars, the drop offs/pick ups (only when it suits their parents as there were I think two times when photos emerged), at birthday parties and so on.
Kate will very probably only go to where she is sure she will be left alone.
I mean, we never see pictures of Archie and Lili- doesn’t mean they don’t exist or are locked up at home. People are just not as crazy about „celebrities“ anymore as they used to be. Sometimes there is a peak but it goes by rather quickly. I believe we are so over exposed that it’s just not as important anymore. W&K entertain an especially boring image- so it’s not as if there is much to see anyway. The UK media will act all high and mighty and above such lowly intrusions. They have their own agenda. The UK citizens are never as intensely interested in their royals anyway. And who would fly over to stake out to hopefully they get a photo? Being a paparazzo is not as lucrative anymore. And there are laws, so if you are a ordinary individual you could get in trouble if you sell those images.
This whole „where is Kate“ is happening in a pretty small bubble. Royal watching as a hobby is mostly met with patronising eye roles. We got used to not see her for long periods of time when she was completely fine. So half a year/year when she is seriously ill is not surprising at all.

Reactions: 6
Just watching Fergie on GMB....I feel it was really mean of William and Kate not to invite her their wedding. I am no fan of Harry and Megan, but they invited her to their wedding. Especially as Beatrice and Eugenie are best cousins.

I am no fan of Andrew!
So less than a year before she was caught selling access to PA and was in their bad books. Let's not rewrite history like William and Kate were meanies......they literally COULD NOT invite this woman. H&M got married 8 years later.... all forgotten about by then.

Reactions: 21
So less than a year before she was caught selling access to PA and was in their bad books. Let's not rewrite history like William and Kate were meanies......they literally COULD NOT invite this woman. H&M got married 8 years later.... all forgotten about by then.
Also W&K would have had far less say in who attended their wedding than H&M, it was practically a state occasion because he’s the heir. Whereas Harry’s was much more friends and family, did we even get given a holiday off work for it?

Reactions: 11
Also W&K would have had far less say in who attended their wedding than H&M, it was practically a state occasion because he’s the heir. Whereas Harry’s was much more friends and family, did we even get given a holiday off work for it?
No it was on a Saturday.

Reactions: 2
It was a state occasion, we all got the day off work!

Reactions: 2
William made it very clear he controlled the guest list in interviews (though seemed to care little about the rest? Dad picked the music). They made up the 'semi state wedding' concept for him. Wasn't their wedding a Friday?

H&M too - they refused to invite any of her family except her mum but invited celebrities she was desperate to rub shoulders with and nobody knew! Not any of her family except her mum who's useful to trot out.

Reactions: 7
I was working that day I recall as I offered to go in and catch up. It was a beautiful wedding and Meghan looked stunning ( visuals I mean, not the fact she had no family or friends just her rentacrowd)
They could have really added a breath of fresh air to the RF but fucked it all up.

Nope we didn’t. It was a Saturday.
I think the OP was referring to WanK who got married on a Friday and it was a public holiday.
I actually thought it was rather sad that Meg only had her mum there and padded it with celebs she probably didn’t know that well.

William made it very clear he controlled the guest list in interviews (though seemed to care little about the rest? Dad picked the music). They made up the 'semi state wedding' concept for him. Wasn't their wedding a Friday?

H&M too - they refused to invite any of her family except her mum but invited celebrities she was desperate to rub shoulders with and nobody knew! Not any of her family except her mum who's useful to trot out.
I think William wanted to believe that but there was no way he would have had any say in the foreign dignitaries who were invited, that would have been non negotiable. Other than that I assume he had a say, let’s face it the size of that cathedral they weren’t going to run out of space or be arguing over the budget for the buffet 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
I think the OP was referring to WanK who got married on a Friday and it was a public holiday.
I actually thought it was rather sad that Meg only had her mum there and padded it with celebs she probably didn’t know that well.
I think it shows what kind of person she is. She was only interested in celebrity and being center of attention, and has been like that all her life. Narc.

Reactions: 10
Exactly. And let's not forget Philip was hale and hearty in 2011 as well... and he despised Fergie. William might have had a lot of leeway on the guest list but not with her where Philip was concerned.

Reactions: 5
I always wonder what royal wedding receptions are like. We see they daytime part on tv (for the big ones) and I wonder if the evening part is where they can really let their hair down, behind closed doors.

Reactions: 4
I always wonder what royal wedding receptions are like. We see they daytime part on tv (for the big ones) and I wonder if the evening part is where they can really let their hair down, behind closed doors.
I had a BF back in the day who was in the marines band. They played at Eddie and Sophie’s wedding. He said they all acted like a normal family and danced away, even the Queen and Phil

• Heart
Reactions: 14