William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The language sounds a bit non medical. Chemo is not given preventatively. I'm guessing they mean adjuvant chemo.
To be fair the consultants don't always use official terms. With my relative it was referred to as 'mop up' chemo, although fortunately they didn't need it in the end.

Reactions: 6
To be fair the consultants don't always use official terms. With my relative it was referred to as 'mop up' chemo, although fortunately they didn't need it in the end.
The doc in the video actually corrected the term and said it is indeed “adjuvant”

Reactions: 1
God today has been a hard one. Found out a few weeks ago my sister who is the same age as Kate has colon cancer. Been hard to hear all the discussions and find out even the most privileged family has been going through the same thing as us. Hope both Kate and my sister end up being ok ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
The Daily Mail leading the witch hunt demanding the likes of Blake and Kim K apologise when they’re (the media) the ones who fed the fury in the first place. Deranged carry on. Reminds me of when Diana died and the press running for cover blaming everyone but themselves. Absolute cunts.

Reactions: 51
lol this is basically what I mean, it’s the vastly different approaches that makes people speculate and go hmmm why the sudden secrecy compared to the literal monarch

The difference is Kate is a young woman with 3 young children. Of course she may want to have the surgery with the hope all is then well before telling the world, and her 3 children, who knows how this may go.

Reactions: 10
God today has been a hard one. Found out a few weeks ago my sister who is the same age as Kate has colon cancer. Been hard to hear all the discussions and find out even the most privileged family has been going through the same thing as us. Hope both Kate and my sister end up being ok ❤
Sending love. Happy to chat on the cancer thread if you want to. My husband has/had bowel cancer

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The doc in the video actually corrected the term and said it is indeed “adjuvant”
Yes, Adjuvant is the 'medical' term. That doesn't explain things well to patients though, hence why other colloquial terms such as 'mop up' or 'preventative' are used.

Reactions: 9
Thoughts are with you - my sis is not so lucky, unfortunately.
I hope for the best for you, colon cancer is very treatable, especially if found early.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sending love. Happy to chat on the cancer thread if you want to. My husband has/had bowel cancer
Thank you ❤ I haven’t visited that thread yet but I’m sure I will. I hope your husband is doing much better now!
---
Thoughts are with you - my sis is not so lucky, unfortunately.
I hope for the best for you, colon cancer is very treatable, especially if found early.
Thank you ❤ really sorry to hear about your sister x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you ❤ I haven’t visited that thread yet but I’m sure I will. I hope your husband is doing much better now!
Sadly he is palliative now, but recieving treatment to try and prolong his life as much as possible

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I’ve been lurking here since the whole Kate thing started. I do think it was wild they said outright at the beginning it’s not cancer, it always felt like an odd statement but who knows.
Like many others, we lost my father in law to cancer this week, he only got diagnosed in Jan and whilst they couldn’t solve it, they were giving him the new tablet chemo (meant to have less side effects to most) but complications happened.
I have children very similar age to her and it’s really hit home how it can get anyone. Let’s hope she has as easy ride as possible from here x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel for Kate.

The photoshopped image was stupid and really ramped up the conspiracy theories.

Including a fake Kate visiting the farm shop. I don’t believe RF was behind that for a second but photogate no doubt gave them the idea. And it certainly was great click bait. Still can’t believe some people thought that was Kate.

Wishing the POW all the best for her recovery.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
You know what the saddest part of all this is? The fact that a statement from KP wouldn’t do; and how Kate had to come out and speak herself, publicly, more than likely feeling like tit and knowing she doesn’t look her best- in order to silence the weirdo freaks and conspiracy mobs frothing at the mouth who would have turned a simple statement released to the media into something more.
The difference is Kate is a young woman with 3 young children. Of course she may want to have the surgery with the hope all is then well before telling the world, and her 3 children, who knows how this may go.

This! Also the timing of the announcement makes sense with regards to the kids and schooling. The beginning of the Easter hols, giving maximum time for the fuss to die down. Also the kids will have two weeks off and not have to go into school on Monday with people potentially asking questions.

Reactions: 11
Yes it is sad that Kate has cancer. It’s sad when anyone has cancer. I think instead of the “he said this, she said that” shite we should be looking at this and wondering what the actual duck is going wrong with this country. In my job I See far too many young people diagnosed with cancer and have to wait for treatment, people misdiagnosed, people ignored by GPs etc. If nothing else, this shows a clear problem with our current healthcare system. People who have money get all the treatment quick because they can pay for it, people with nothing have to rely that someone will listen to them someday, or that they can get a cancellation spot somewhere. It’s really sad and shows a clear divide between the rich and the poor. Whilst I don’t grudge her getting quick diagnoses and treatment, it should be the case for everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
God it’s bad enough having to go through cancer as an average Joe with a young family, but imagine her having to deal with it knowing the whole world is discussing it. Imagine having to shield the kids from the tv, radio, and whatever else they use in case something extreme or upsetting pops up

Reactions: 15
I feel for Kate.

Including a fake Kate visiting the farm shop. I don’t believe RF was behind that for a second but photogate no doubt gave them the idea. And it certainly was great click bait. Still can’t believe some people thought that was Kate.

Really? I can’t believe some people think it wasn’t Kate.

Reactions: 18
I feel for Kate.

That was Kate, stop spreading utter bs

Maan I thought people would stop now...Get your eyes checked

Reactions: 28
Someone further up thread posted that Rose has filed a law suit for the affair rumours - I can’t find anything online. Can someone post more as I’m interested. Good for her if she has and hopefully it will quash the rumours once and for all. Especially as they’ve gathered speed recently - it must be awful for Kate with so much else to worry about have to hear this nonsense on top of everything else.

Reactions: 5
Someone further up thread posted that Rose has filed a law suit for the affair rumours - I can’t find anything online. Can someone post more as I’m interested. Good for her if she has and hopefully it will quash the rumours once and for all. Especially as they’ve gathered speed recently - it must be awful for Kate with so much else to worry about have to hear this nonsense on top of everything else.
I wasn’t the original poster but I found this:

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.