William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People were using the fact that newspapers published something on a topic as their evidence that it must have happened. No smoke without fire šŸ˜‘. When no one has any clue either way, but they'll believe what they want to.

Reactions: 10
so she's been having mop up chemo since the end of feb and in march alone they've:
- sent her for a drive with carole
- badly edited the mothers day pic
- blamed kate for said editing (???)
- sent out body doubles to a farm shop to carry heavy bags which is at odds w the abdo surgery

ppl only took an interest bc the lack of info was in such stark contrast to charles's diagnosis, it was assumed that she was in a much worse state. they could've avoided all this by just saying that surgery and recovery isn't a linear process and she's taking more time to recover than first anticipated. it wouldn't be a lie and then they could've come out w the cancer info with the very reaosnable take of waiting to tell the kids. no one is holding anything against kate herself, but the KP pr team is a steaming pile of tit
ā€œSent her for a drive with Caroleā€ you mean she dared go outside with her mother?

That definitely wasnā€™t a body double the other day. She had surgery in January sheā€™s well able to carry a bag.

I do think palace PR is generally shite but itā€™s her news to process first.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
so she's been having mop up chemo since the end of feb and in march alone they've:
- sent out body doubles to a farm shop to carry heavy bags which is at odds w the abdo surgery

ppl only took an interest bc the lack of info was in such stark contrast to charles's diagnosis, it was assumed that she was in a much worse state. they could've avoided all this by just saying that surgery and recovery isn't a linear process and she's taking more time to recover than first anticipated. it wouldn't be a lie and then they could've come out w the cancer info with the very reaosnable take of waiting to tell the kids. no one is holding anything against kate herself, but the KP pr team is a steaming pile of tit

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I did wonder if she had a hysterectomy and they found cancer cells. This exact scenario has happened to a relative, down to the preventative chemo. The hysterectomy was for another reason but the cancer was picked up when they did a biopsy after removal.

Reactions: 23
The language sounds a bit non medical. Chemo is not given preventatively. I'm guessing they mean adjuvant chemo.

Reactions: 4
Strange, the amount of people getting cancer after going out to the shops.
Strange the amount of people getting cancer who have eaten ice cream and ALSO been to school as children.
Strange of people who get cancer have probably had the common cold at some point in their lives.

OH.
I also heard that 100% of people who get cancer have drunk water all their lives!!!!

Anecdotes do not equal evidence. Correlation is not causation.

Otherwise I'd be running about claiming that 95% of people who haven't had the Covid vaccine have managed to get brain damage and become very stupid instead, based on the garbage they post online.

Unless you have a set of very convincing data replicated by other large studies and peer reviewed by actual experts in the field, it's best not to make ludicrous claims about X caused Y.

Cancer is common throughout human history and cultures and is a set of distinct diseases that are associated with increasing longevity (longer you live the more likely your ageing cells are to spring an error in replication and your anti-tumour gene to also crap out), and we also have a 24/7 news cycle needing to be filled with human interest stories and celebrity news, and a hideously nosey gossipy social media mileau that needs to be fed details of everyone's personal lives constantly which is how we know people who have zero to do with us have cancer at all. A lot of people still don't feel the need to announce it for obvious reasons, not one of them well0meaning numpties appointing themselves oncologists after reading a few internet loon sites and deciding to tell sufferers what caused it and what they should do about it. Or using someon'e diagnosis to promote another pet aganda.

Also, cancer is no longer a taboo subject, due to its increasing curability. Go back even 40-50 years people did not talk about it, it was often not announced in public until after death. The first woman to pose naked with mastectomy scars caused a shitstorm of outrage as breast cancer was among the most taboo cancers to talk about or admit to. Things have changed remarkably in the past few decades with how people talk about this disease and a lot has to do with it being treatable, five year survival rates being the best in history due to pharmacological advances, so cancer isn't shorthand for "If we cannot cut it out, you're fucked, so you will soon be retiring to a room alone to scream yourself raw as the horrifying pain consumes you, even with morphine running through your veins, until you die."

The Princess of Wales shouldn't have had to make that video at all. The vile, obsessive, nonsense people were making up and the odd claims that you pay her 'wages' (you don't, and if you did you wouldn't have the right to see her medical info) ... do people think anyone remotely connected with the state and taxes (which means you as most people receive some benefit from public taxation, whether they are on benefits, teach in schools, have kids in schools, get tax credits, use the NHS, work for the NHS, work for the Highways, use public roads etc) have to show everyone their smear results or mammograms? These people all need to admit they are just rationalising their consuming nosey gossipy desire to know someone's medical details.
For anyone interested in the history of cancer and the development of treatment, I thoroughly recommend this book...

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think they've released the video now as she was well enough to record it and may not be well enough to appear on Easter Sunday.

Such a difficult situation and the nonsense that flooded the internet only made things worse. Sadly I doubt many will learn from it.

Reactions: 34

Did you expect Kate to drive herself to chemo or flap her wings and fly there. Someone young having their mother drive them to chemo is normal ffs!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I know a woman who had a clear colonoscopy in 2019 she had the Covid vaccine in 2021 and was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in 2021!
And? Colon cancer can appear and progress rapidly. A guy I worked with was told he had it, and 8 weeks later he sadly died. You're talking about a period of 2 years šŸ™„

• Sad
Reactions: 19
ā€œSent her for a drive with Caroleā€ you mean she dared go outside with her mother?

That definitely wasnā€™t a body double the other day. She had surgery in January sheā€™s well able to carry a bag.

I do think palace PR is generally shite but itā€™s her news to process first.
i think the face and bodily proportions were way off for that to be kate but i'm not that arsed tbh
the drive w carole just seemed a bit convenient with the paps there (the they who've sent them out being KP), and her face just obscured enough with grain to make out it was her but not show detail

like i said i don't think any of this is kate's fault or doing, KP fuelled the fire w obvious lies and then had shocked pikachu faces when no one bought it. if they'd have just said she's adjusting to life after surgery and there'll be any updates as and when needed no one would be bothered, just like they weren't by charles' cancer bc that was the truth. the mothers day pic was the turning point i think, obviously overcompensating for something, and doctoring an offical press release photo made more people sit up and take notice than otherwise would

Reactions: 10
If only it really was just a badly cut fringeā€¦awful news. I hope sheā€™ll be okay. And Iā€™m sure everyone does, regardless of whether or not they found the gossip over the last few weeks entertaining.

Reactions: 13
i think the face and bodily proportions were way off for that to be kate but i'm not that arsed tbh
the drive w carole just seemed a bit convenient with the paps there, and her face just obscured enough with grain to make out it was her but not show detail

like i said i don't think any of this is kate's fault or doing, KP fuelled the fire w obvious lies and then had shocked pikachu faces when no one bought it. if they'd have just said she's adjusting to life after surgery and there'll be any updates as and when needed no one would be bothered, just like they weren't by charles' cancer bc that was the truth. the mothers day pic was the turning point i think, obviously overcompensating for something, and doctoring an offical press release photo made more people sit up and take notice than otherwise would
BIB but they did say that and still nobody listened. I do agree doctoring an official press release was a novice move but people were carrying on scandalous well before that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
BIB but they did say that and still nobody listened. I do agree doctoring an official press release was a novice move but people were carrying on scandalous well before that.
that was probs just general gossip, and instead of the usual never complain never explain, KP have overcompensated and blown it all up

Reactions: 1
that was probs just general gossip, and instead of the usual never complain never explain, KP have overcompensated and blown it all up
general gossip that he killed her or that she was in a coma? šŸ˜‚. First Iā€™ve heard of general gossip like that.

But anyway whatā€™s done is done now. I really do hope William and the kids are okay.

Reactions: 7
It will be coming (Can you tell that I am not a fan at all of Lady C lol. It totally baffles me as to why people can be such idiots thinking she is wonderful)
I am not saying she is wonderful but I donā€™t see her as a villain. I do doubt her credibility even though she was right about several things in the past that were not public knowledge. I think she knows less than she makes it out to be

Reactions: 3
I think the biggest mistake they made is editing a picture they knew would be really scrutinized. At first glance it wasn't that badly edited else the organizations wouldn't have published it to begin with. But when you're looking for it then it's easy to spot the mistakes, as it usually is.

If it had of been a normal situation when the photo was released then it quite possibly would have gone unnoticed.

Reactions: 24
general gossip that he killed her or that she was in a coma? šŸ˜‚. First Iā€™ve heard of general gossip like that.

But anyway whatā€™s done is done now. I really do hope William and the kids are okay.
Lots of hugs and love. They will get each other through thisā€¦

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.