When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today. For the last 6 weeks we’ve been surrounded by death 😭 it comes in waves, but Christmas was ridiculously hard without those sat round the table when there was no reason for them not to be 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Today. Knowing that 2022 will be the first year in my life that my Dad won’t be alive in.
As tough as 2021 has been, he lived in part of it so it will be hard to move on to the next year without him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Today. I cried today.
This is a very reflective time of year for me, as so many of my loved- ones died in recent years - especially missing my parents, and my two beautiful sisters, one of whom died from Cancer and the other from an eating disorder very recently. Also my two babies who did not make it through my triplet pregnancy. And I've become estranged from my other vile siblings who had anyway been for a long time treating me as though I don't exist. I gave them a lot of love and respect too. So that hurt I tell ya .
I'm fortunate and grateful however , to have a beautiful family of my own, but some sadness just can't be simply erased and today was one of the days it leaked out of its 'sealed container '. I think the straw that broke the camels back was my son telling me his new girlfiend abruptly ghosted him. And she was educated and seemed sweet. He expected more from an educated person. She certainly fooled ME when she was invited to my home. Oh well. Thats the path to finding love : winding.
Sorry for the rant. And my love to those of you dealing with sadness or strife.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Today outside the airport … I made a joking remark in the car park when I collected my husband. I pointed to a rather beautiful silver Maserati and said I’ll pick you up in that one next time. He started shouting at me about always wanting something else and wasn’t the car he bought me enough … it upset me but I won’t let him see me cry anymore. Just keep smiling …

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Last night. I only have a month left of the maternity leave and the thought of leaving my baby boy makes me ache.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
On Christmas Eve when I was turning on the Christmas lights. I started to think about life and how certain situations and people can hurt us. I have left a very toxic and nasty 10-year relationship a few years ago, leaving all my life behind (home, job, even clothes). Although I am in a very good place in life today, it still hurts to think about all those wasted years.

• Heart
I cried on the 23rd, my nan was taken very ill and my mum went to pieces and it was left to me to make some very hard decisions, I rang round the family after the paramedics had taken my nan for my middle sister to have a go at me for not ringing her earlier and allowing her to make the decisions!

• Sad
  • Heart
I've cried alot the last week. Christmas is a tough time for me, toxic and difficult family relationships make it an unhappy time. I cant help but think back to when it was a magical time for me, and it makes me incredibly sad. The loss of those you've loved hurts even years later.

I'm glad it's over for another year

Reactions: 4
Some days are just heaps harder than others aren’t they🥲 i find new years so hard. I dread January. Every new year i find myself worrying if i’m even more of a failure than before but just older; but this year with grief.

• Heart
  • Sad
Some days are just heaps harder than others aren’t they🥲 i find new years so hard. I dread January. Every new year i find myself worrying if i’m even more of a failure than before but just older; but this year with grief.
Sending you the biggest hug in the world.

I had a bit of a cry today. Nothing major. My eldest moved abroad last month and I just really missed her today for some reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This morning having to get up after another night of no sleep. Ive suffered with insomnia since I was a kid. About a year ago I did a CBT sleep therapy course. But I still can't sleep 😪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Today outside the airport … I made a joking remark in the car park when I collected my husband. I pointed to a rather beautiful silver Maserati and said I’ll pick you up in that one next time. He started shouting at me about always wanting something else and wasn’t the car he bought me enough … it upset me but I won’t let him see me cry anymore. Just keep smiling …
It is draining when people are constantly like this though, always wanting the next better thing.

It is draining when people are constantly like this though, always wanting the next better thing.
Shouting at a partner for whatever reason would never be okay in my book. It also reads like this is not the first time.

I also hope you're okay ProzacP.

❤

I just had a small cry. I don’t know what to do about family. I’m feeling so burnt out from an interaction that should be normal and low stakes. One of my brothers shared his writing with me. It has a worrying tone. He showed it to other people and he did not appreciate their feedback. I don’t know why but I thought it would be easier for me to give him honest feedback -- maybe he would know it comes from a loving place? That I could be truthful with him and it shouldn’t feel as painful than if it came from one of his peers or his partner? No -- apparently I still upset him. He used to be a compelling writer but this sample was a screed that one would expect to come from a teenage boy about to go berserk, not a 30-some odd genius like him. He already took down the site where he was hosting his writing. He might stop speaking to me and I’ll have no one but myself to blame. I want to be supportive for him because a different brother has ex-communicated the entire family and this one is taking it very hard. I failed at that. I was hoping to spare him having fallouts with supports in his network. I forgot to consider how jeopardizing our relationship would affect me. I’m feeling terrible, anxious, and emotional 😞

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Last night after a panic attack. They were under control at one point but they’re becoming more frequent at the minute 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Literally ugly sobbing right now and absolutely no1 to talk to. Sometimes I really do hate my life 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
are you okay??
I'll be ok thank you, just need to stop crying lol.
I just spoke to a new GP and rang my partner to tell him it didn't go too well in my opinion. He went absolutely nuts at me saying I should be doing more and should've always been doing more.
I've been in pain basically non stop for 6 years, I've pushed and pushed for help and have done so much to help myself I really don't know what more I could've been doing.
It probably doesn't sound like much to be upset about but I'm so worn out from it all.
Sorry for the rant x

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.