When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last night. I feel so incredibly lonely on a daily basis especially at work. I really miss my old work place but mostly my colleagues. I never really had a large group of friends growing up and when I started working there, I became good friends with a lot of colleagues and really close with 2 who worked in the same department as me. We no longer keep in touch as much as we used to when I had just left so it's not an everyday thing like it was back then. I could probably keep my phone turned off these days and no one would notice. I loved being part of a group and feeling cared for. The older I get, the harder it is to grow and maintain good friendships. They were like family to me and I miss having people who actually gave two shits about me unlike those who are supposed to. It's silly to admit how much I envy their close bond. I cannot be more lonely, unhappy, depressed, anxious about the future and angry at how much crap I've dealt with growing up and still am today. I simply cannot seem to catch a break or experience long periods of happiness where no major changes or headaches take place.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Friday night. My boyfriend and I were talking about Sarah Everard and I started crying when I was explaining about how a lot of women feel in so many situations. Thankfully he gets it but the whole situation just makes me very sad.

Then later that night whilst watching Sex Education as it was a sad episode.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you all ❤ I’m beginning to think of my grief as a chronic illness or am invisible disability. People expect me to be getting better or maybe I’m good at looking like I’m fine. But I’m not. I cry every single day multiple times a day. Nothing can make it right really but kindness does help a bit so thank you for taking the time to respond or even just read and like my post. It feels like he is being acknowledged there.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Friday night. My boyfriend and I were talking about Sarah Everard and I started crying when I was explaining about how a lot of women feel in so many situations. Thankfully he gets it but the whole situation just makes me very sad.

Then later that night whilst watching Sex Education as it was a sad episode.
I find it very difficult to put into words how much Sarah Everard’s death has affected me. I think it brought it home just how many things I do (and many other women do) in order to try and stay safe without even thinking about it. Brought it home how much we do that most (not all) men wouldn’t even be able to imagine. The more recent sentencing and further revelations affected me a lot more again. I have been in a very awkward and scary position myself with a man who happened to be a police officer… although I’m fine and it shouldn’t have made a difference, due to his profession your guard goes down. I shouldn’t have to try and keep myself safe from men (people in general, but mostly men) and neither should any other woman.
Sorry for derailing and ranting, I’m just so angry and upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I find it very difficult to put into words how much Sarah Everard’s death has affected me. I think it brought it home just how many things I do (and many other women do) in order to try and stay safe without even thinking about it. Brought it home how much we do that most (not all) men wouldn’t even be able to imagine. The more recent sentencing and further revelations affected me a lot more again. I have been in a very awkward and scary position myself with a man who happened to be a police officer… although I’m fine and it shouldn’t have made a difference, due to his profession your guard goes down. I shouldn’t have to try and keep myself safe from men (people in general, but mostly men) and neither should any other woman.
Sorry for derailing and ranting, I’m just so angry and upset.
I think that’s what made me upset. We just do the things we do, on autopilot without thinking too much about it.

It’s only when you stop and think, or tell someone that you realise that it shouldn’t be like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@SquiggleWiggle Here is the info for the Samaritans, if you are in the UK and are able to call or email them:

Need support? Contact us now
If there's something troubling you, then get in touch. We're here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

You can call us free on 116 123.
You can also email us or find out the other ways you can contact us here.

If you need a response immediately, it's best to call us on the phone.

• Heart
I could probably keep my phone turned off these days and no one would notice. The older I get, the harder it is to grow and maintain good friendships. They were like family to me and I miss having people who actually gave two shits about me unlike those who are supposed to. It's silly to admit how much I envy their close bond. I cannot be more lonely, unhappy, depressed, anxious about the future and angry at how much crap I've dealt with growing up and still am today. I simply cannot seem to catch a break or experience long periods of happiness where no major changes or headaches take place.
Basically copy and paste this. cried this morning before class. Wondered if I was just made to suffer. I'm tall, attractive and very introverted and it seems it's made my life harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yesterday. I went for a check up at the Doctors and she asked how I am and I just burst into tears 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yesterday. I'm currently staying with my sister in brighton. Got off a 25 min phone call with my parents and got told : "you're so thick", "to calm down and that I had become like my aunt who had ripped off her mother."

I even left the phone on and walked out and came back to it at the end. They don't talk to me but at me and I don't even need to be there.

I wasn't angry but more hurt by their words. There's a reason I spent 4 years in therapy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
This morning. I've got a seriously ill Brother who I'm worried about.

Also got an email stating I need to write 6-8000 words in 3 weeks for my PhD progression. I'm on sick leave atm and it's just sent me over the edge with worry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Last night, just feeling sad and like a failure at life. Talking to some good friends helped to cheer me up a bit. 💗

@under the ivy - Sending you lots of love, you’re going through a lot at the moment I hope things get better soon for you and your brother ❤

• Heart
@under the ivy as much as I honestly think you are superwoman, just remember you are human and it’s ok to feel better overwhelmed, life is throwing a lot at you at the moment. You know where we are ❤

• Heart
Me again….

About an hour ago. A couple of months back I was told that my uncle had cancer. Today I learnt that it has spread. It was first found 18 months ago but because of Covid and lockdown he received no treatment in that time and he didn’t tell us until recently because he didn’t want us to worry about him, especially my nan. I am so angry and heartbroken in equal measures. He’s only in his 50’s, is a good man and would go out of his way to help anyone. It’s so unfair how he (and so many others) have been failed. 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Fallen out with a close friend about a month ago. It’s beyond repair & I’ve been getting on with things but must’ve left myself logged into iplayer at his house & I noticed he’s been watching our fave programme. It’s hurts that we’ll not speak again

• Sad
Fallen out with a close friend about a month ago. It’s beyond repair & I’ve been getting on with things but must’ve left myself logged into iplayer at his house & I noticed he’s been watching our fave programme. It’s hurts that we’ll not speak again
Maybe he thought about you. Message him something light hearted about him watching it?

Maybe he thought about you. Message him something light hearted about him watching it?
Thank you, I'd love this to be the case but he's blocked me on everything. I don't think he's given it a second thought. Just a sad situation, I’m just licking my wounds.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.