When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cried over a film. It was Tom Hanks in "Cast Away" at the end when he meets up with his partner after 4 years but she has married and has a child. The love and sadness I felt as he drove away šŸ˜¢ the sadness is with me today and the music just makes me worse..sounds silly but it just got me...
Argh, such a great film. The first time I watched it I couldnā€™t believe I was roaring over a ball šŸ˜­

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Argh, such a great film. The first time I watched it I couldnā€™t believe I was roaring over a ball šŸ˜­
Yes Wilson too. But it was when they kissed in the rain .....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Today. I have my cot and baby clothes away to a local homeless hostel , today got a hand written note posted thanking me. From a women who had received some of it, no names or details given but she said she asked the workers to get it to me as she she wanted to thank my kindness and say how much itā€™s made her feel happy that people help.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was teaching my 5 year old grandson the " queens song " as he calls it as they did a jubilee thing in school week
I got all choked up and patriot singing it and was actually crying real tears
He looked at me strange šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Today. I work as a manager in a GP surgery and my colleagues mother in law was given the news today that she has lung cancer which has spread to her gall bladder after visiting her GP 2 weeks ago with a pain in her back. Just makes me sad how much cancer affects people now and how common it is. Doesn't help when I have slight health anxiety and I'm in an industry where I hear sad news every day. Today just set me off and I cried for like an hour straight

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I shed a few happy/sad tears last night, I was remembering a friend's wedding I went to 25ish years ago, her dad did a lovely speech and played the song 'The Way you look tonight' (it's very old, but if you don't know it, do listen, it's rather lovely) which was a really special song to her/ her family. And all the girls at the wedding had a cry over it, I remember it ruined my mascara.
And remembering that, and what a lovely/ emotional day it was, made me cry - because I haven't seen that friend in 20 odd years, because I never got married (and probably never will), and even if I did, my dad died when I was 25 so wouldn't have been able to do a speech for me anyway :( Oh, and because I'm currently single after an 8 year relationship, and not sure I have the emotional energy to try and make another relationship work.

I'm a bit hormonal at the moment so I don't need much to set me off crying, normally videos of dogs being good boys or otters holding hands does it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Friday.
I found out my dad has been in hospital for 4 days with broken ribs.
I found out via a comment that my step mum left thatliterally said ā€œdads been in hospital with broken ribs, didnā€™t want to tell you and stress you out, but heā€™s home nowā€ on a picture I upload of my little girlā€¦.

Que me replying with a comment how not okay that was, and then my dad calling me and shouting at me down the phone :)

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Today, when the reality hit me that Iā€™ve been in an emotionally abusive relationship with a narc for the past 6 months and donā€™t recognise who Iā€™ve become. Partly tears of relief because friends have told me this for months but the penny has finally dropped and Iā€™ve cut him out my life. Onwards šŸ’ŖšŸ»

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Last night when the doctors tried to put a cannula in my foot. It hurt so bad, I had tears streaming down my face. I'm a wuss I know but needles in my feet hurt so bad!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This evening ā€¦ the new gardener turned out to be useless and he mowed down two of my baby trees šŸŒ³, and has left grass cuttings all over the lawn rather than mowing them up. Not just a few but deep piles of them. Now itā€™s rained and itā€™s going to be near on impossible to get it sorted without manually raking it ā€¦ itā€™s an acre of lawn !

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Yesterday because I donā€™t like how I look
And I bet you look lovely! I'll make you laugh, I've never ever took a selfie, I'm an ugly old bint! If I went missing, my oh wouldn't have any pics of me!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Today because I was thinking about how much sadness some people experience and how much they must be hurting

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Today.
My mother-in-law has been going through treatment for cancer, and while she is doing well and the treatment has been successful, she still doesnā€™t feel up to coming to visit us. I saw my Husband tear up when she told him she wouldnā€™t be coming over before he went away for work in July. My husband doesnā€™t show emotion usually so I found it particularly upsetting to see him so sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Today. I found out that one of my old university lecturers was murdered by her husband last week. She was such a lovely woman. I cried for her, and for her daughter.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Today just now, because of my father shouting at us over pizza that was delivered squashed. Not a big deal when they said theyā€™d send a replacement.

What makes me sad is that heā€™s always been like this. Walking on eggshells and being afraid of his next explosion is hard and i donā€™t think most would understand. It just hurts that i loved him the most as a child and that i could never see any of it before. If he had just been kinder yes even I would have been different today.

Iā€™m 30 single and canā€™t even afford to move out yet.

I feel suicidal and only my brother and sister know.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.