When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This morning, I had a proper breakdown because I've got absolutely no self confidence. I am so insecure about how I look. The things I hate most are my double chin and my belly. No matter what I wear I feel like my belly is always the most obvious thing, it just sticks out and looks awful. I have tried and tried so many things to lose weight, intermittent fasting, calorie counting (but I was struggling with finding time to weigh all my food out to work calories etc), shake diets - you name it I can bet you I've tried it. I get a good amount of exercise, I go on two long walks a day with my dog, I use a weighted hula hoop twice a day everyday, I do youtube workout videos. I really struggle with my weight. It's getting me down so much. This morning I was having a full on melt down in my dressing room, clothes everywhere, hysterically crying because I just hate how I look. My boyfriend was so lovely, trying to reassure me, telling me I look lovely and nobody else sees me the way I see myself but it doens't make me feel any better. I really struggle to talk about my weight issues with people around me because I always feel like they think I'm just fishing for compliments, but I'm honestly not. I hate anyone commenting on my appearance, even if they're being complimentary. I've spiralled with my confidence issues before and ended up starving myself or going the opposite way and binging then making myself sick so I don't put on any weight. Realistically I know neither of those things work but I just feel so miserable I lose control and do stupid things in a desperate attempt to feel like I look better. I'm really struggling at the moment and I'm trying so hard to stop obsessing over it but it's consuming my life. I get changed on average at least 3 times every single day because I'll catch myself in the mirror and notice my belly or something and feel like I can't stay in that outfit because I look fat and disgusting. It's literally taking over :(

I'm sorry I know this was long so thank you if you got all the way through. I just needed to get it out somewhere as I really don't have anyone to talk to.
Try moving your mirror to different heights + areas with different lighting, you’ll see major changes each time. Stop once you find a spot that makes you happy and feel good about yourself 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yesterday. Not full on crying just teary eyed about my bf's mum. She's a really nice woman and generally very chirpy, upbeat and full of energy however the menopause has hit her quite hard. She's become quite withdrawn and quiet and she has also let her appearance go because of fatigue which is fully understandable. It's just very sad to see such a personality change in someone. She also snapped at me and that's never happened before. Even though I'm only 28 it's also made me scared of what we have to go through in our later years as women.

• Heart
This morning, I had a proper breakdown because I've got absolutely no self confidence. I am so insecure about how I look. The things I hate most are my double chin and my belly. No matter what I wear I feel like my belly is always the most obvious thing, it just sticks out and looks awful. I have tried and tried so many things to lose weight, intermittent fasting, calorie counting (but I was struggling with finding time to weigh all my food out to work calories etc), shake diets - you name it I can bet you I've tried it. I get a good amount of exercise, I go on two long walks a day with my dog, I use a weighted hula hoop twice a day everyday, I do youtube workout videos. I really struggle with my weight. It's getting me down so much. This morning I was having a full on melt down in my dressing room, clothes everywhere, hysterically crying because I just hate how I look. My boyfriend was so lovely, trying to reassure me, telling me I look lovely and nobody else sees me the way I see myself but it doens't make me feel any better. I really struggle to talk about my weight issues with people around me because I always feel like they think I'm just fishing for compliments, but I'm honestly not. I hate anyone commenting on my appearance, even if they're being complimentary. I've spiralled with my confidence issues before and ended up starving myself or going the opposite way and binging then making myself sick so I don't put on any weight. Realistically I know neither of those things work but I just feel so miserable I lose control and do stupid things in a desperate attempt to feel like I look better. I'm really struggling at the moment and I'm trying so hard to stop obsessing over it but it's consuming my life. I get changed on average at least 3 times every single day because I'll catch myself in the mirror and notice my belly or something and feel like I can't stay in that outfit because I look fat and disgusting. It's literally taking over :(

I'm sorry I know this was long so thank you if you got all the way through. I just needed to get it out somewhere as I really don't have anyone to talk to.
HEY!! You have low confidence because look at how you’re talking about yourself. You’ll never love yourself when your thoughts are like this. Tonight, mentally start to make a list of all the things you love about your body. It could literally be your eyelashes, your nails, your favourite tooth!! Change up your social media feed showing more body positivity, and most importantly look at non-appearance based qualities you have and love about yourself. It’s not all about outward looks. You could have the perfect body and be a complete twit. Alternatively, if you’re fed up of feeling like this and you want to change, write realistic goals on what you’d like to achieve. Focus on beyond appearance, look at stamina/fitness, weights lifted, amount of time spent hula hooping, amount of steps. Ultimately, you cannot go on hating yourself, it’s no way to waste your life!! ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
HEY!! You have low confidence because look at how you’re talking about yourself. You’ll never love yourself when your thoughts are like this. Tonight, mentally start to make a list of all the things you love about your body. It could literally be your eyelashes, your nails, your favourite tooth!! Change up your social media feed showing more body positivity, and most importantly look at non-appearance based qualities you have and love about yourself. It’s not all about outward looks. You could have the perfect body and be a complete twit. Alternatively, if you’re fed up of feeling like this and you want to change, write realistic goals on what you’d like to achieve. Focus on beyond appearance, look at stamina/fitness, weights lifted, amount of time spent hula hooping, amount of steps. Ultimately, you cannot go on hating yourself, it’s no way to waste your life!! ❤
I needed this after feeling shite all day, thank you ❤

And thank you @Sheabutter and @tigerlilly_xx 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@WilmaHun i know for a fact you’re beautiful in every single way 💕 being self conscious about your looks is one of the most debilitating things but please just know you are beautiful inside and out 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Today. My son graduated primary school and while it’s not that big a deal I’m going to miss that groups of teachers and the wonderful principal so much. My little boy is autistic and there were times we thought he wouldn’t be able to stay in a mainstream school but the staff never gave up fighting for him. They are amazing and I will miss them as much as he will.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yesterday it was my birthday and my daughters made my day so beautiful and my amazing friend brought me a gorgeous cake and traveled from London to come see me as a surprise and it was beautiful my heart felt so full and it was so nice. (bonus though I seen a guy I like and he wished me happy birthday twice)

• Heart
This morning .gastroenteritis is sweeping through my house ,started Tuesday with the toddler ,baby was then sick in the night which scared me to death .I caught it last night and was up ALL night with it ,at one point I thought to myself god giving birth would be easier ! It coincided with my 7 year old vomming in her room til 5 am.Partner refused to stay off work today despite be being so weak I could
Barely lift the baby never mind look after three ill kids plus myself .He’s come up and guess what ….now he’s got it!
So yeah I had a quick cry of frustration about 10 am this morning .I’m SO sick of getting ill,the kids getting ill,it’s really getting me down ! I don’t even know where it’s coming from as neither are in nursery and we don’t mix THAT much with other kids .I’m just fed up of it .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel SOooOoOooooo fed up at the moment and I feel like this is the place to rant.

I cried today. I feel fed up because:

Everyone around me seems to be moving on with life, career/relationships etc.. my friend is seeing this guy now and my dating life is absolutely diabolical. Men are awful.

The plumber keeps letting me down and I’ve had enough, I paid him a fortune to do my bathroom and my sink needs fixing and he is the one who should fix it and he keeps saying he will, I wait around for him and he doesn’t bother coming😡 why should I have to pay for a new sink or someone else to fix it 😢

My wallpaper (only being on 1.5 years) has started to go yellow?? And I don’t get why. I rung my dad and he had a go at me. I just hung up!

Fed up with my job. I don’t like my job but I don’t mind going to work; it’s just easy but boring!!!

I am just so fed up at the moment 😢😢😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I cried about an hour ago cos someone uploaded a baby announcement and the due date was the same due date I had for the baby I recently lost 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I cried about an hour ago cos someone uploaded a baby announcement and the due date was the same due date I had for the baby I recently lost 😢
I’m so sorry 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢my heart breaks for you. Sending you and your partner a virtual hug xxxxxxx ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Tonight. My Auntie has found out her breast cancer is back. Exactly a year to the day she lost her partner to throat cancer 😢

Sending so much love and hugs your way @watermelon sugar 🤍

• Sad
  • Heart
A couple of weeks ago over a guy I'm friends with. I've secretly had feelings for him for a while, but he keeps going from being nice to being very rude and dismissive towards me, and the last time it happened it made me realise he's not a very nice person and wouldn't be right for me, so I've decided to move on now and distance myself. My own fault for getting carried away building him up in mind to be my soulmate before anything happened between us :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Today. This is a stupid one but I got upset because my son (23) is out drinking in London and wouldn't tell me where he was or what time he was coming home.

The backstory is that I've never been too hot on checking up on him, stopped waiting up for him to come in once he was about 18 etc. Until a few months ago when he went up to London with a mate to watch the football and didn't come home. I'd assumed he'd stayed at his mates until he phoned me the next morning from hospital, he'd got paralytically drunk, collapsed and been taken in by ambulance. He still doesn't know how he got there, and ever since then I panic if he goes out anywhere that isn't local...hence having a good old cry about it earlier.

• Sad
  • Heart
Today. My birthday yesterday. I'm just so sad all the time. I feel behind where I should be. I have a house a lovely partner and great family. Then I start feeling guilty about being upset and ungrateful when so many people have actual problems. My job is alot to do with it. I hate it. My mental health is suffering.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My friend said something really lovely to me on the phone and I told him he made me cry and that I'd have to go

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.