When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday. I miss my Dad so so much. It’s been almost 6 months. Sometimes the sadness feels like a physical pain. I wish I could feel his presence around me. It just seems wrong that life is going on day by day without him.
I am so, so sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine. Sending you a lot of love and strength ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My older sister died from cancer a month ago and was buried only 7 days ago. Today was the first time I've cried since her funeral. But it's not been a proper cry. I desperately miss her and feel bad for her two kids.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Yesterday. I miss my Dad so so much. It’s been almost 6 months. Sometimes the sadness feels like a physical pain. I wish I could feel his presence around me. It just seems wrong that life is going on day by day without him.
So sorry. I lost mine just over a year ago so I understand how you’re feeling. I never expected the actual physical pain in my heart either.
I’d like to say it gets better, but the truth is you just have to find a way to live with it.
For me, it took a full year before I started to function fully again. I had insomnia for a year due to the grief which didn’t help. Even now there’s not a week that goes by when I don’t shed a tear. Some days are better than others. Thankfully now it’s no longer the gut wrenching grief from the first 3 months, more tears of sadness and missing him. I’ve just accepted that I will miss my Dad until my last breath and that’s okay.
Grief is the price you pay for love.
If in order to lessen my grief, we’d have had less love in our relationship then I’d take the grief every single time because I wouldn’t want to lose an ounce of his love.
We were lucky to have such wonderful men as our dads and we will always carry them with us in our hearts. My Dad will be with me always.
Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So sorry to everyone suffering loss on this post.

I cried during the night, only a little but for the first time in quite a while. Things have been hard but I for some reason have felt just anger and frustration rather than pure sadness but last night while trying to settle a baby who has never slept properly or settled in the night for the whole six months of her life I felt overwhelmed. I’m just feeling completely done with life. Absolutely everything is hard and a battle in my life right now (relationships with family, money, trying to buy a house, my physical health, looking after a very high needs baby) and it is hard watching others around you have it easy, have good things happen to them etc. i know things are not always as they seem but that’s not what I’m talking about. I just feel too tired to go on but you do keep going. Something has to give soon because I feel like I am drowning and there is very little enjoyment in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Today.
Because it appears my family may be heading into yet another upheaval.
Oh, and we all currently have Covid. Yet again.

• Sad
  • Heart
When I read about that poor girl who was murdered by some scumbag in Plymouth. We are far too soft on violent criminals in this country. He got a thirty year prison sentence, which should have been a whole life tarrif (actually, he should hang, fry, or be given a very painful lethal injection, but that will sadly never happen)

Today. I have a four month old. I cry most days. This tit is hard 😆😭
This is me! My baby is 3months old. I cry randomly most days, wondering if I’m ever going to enjoy life again. Then I feel guilty for feeling that way and like he deserves a better mother 😢 hope you’re okay, you’re not alone♥ Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Last night. I'd asked my (grown up) son to help me do some gardening, and he refused because he goes to work and doesn't see why he should do anything. So I had to struggle on my own. Normally I'd call my partner, and have a moan about it, and he'd say something supportive, or that he'd help me himself, or give me a pep talk, whatever. But partner and I split up 2 weeks ago, and I realised I don't have anyone now that's on my side. And then I started crying and couldn't stop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
This morning. My MIL had a heart attack at the weekend and I was with her. We are really close and people are making me feel bad for being upset. "Imagine how she feels" and "you're not the only one to be upset". I've never felt so lonely.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This morning. My MIL had a heart attack at the weekend and I was with her. We are really close and people are making me feel bad for being upset. "Imagine how she feels" and "you're not the only one to be upset". I've never felt so lonely.
That's a horrible thing for someone to say. If you were with her when it happened it's probably been very traumatic for you too. You have every right to be upset that some one you care for is going through this.

As someone who has been through something similar (mini stroke) it was somehow worse for the people with me because they just feel so helpless and are desperate to make it stop.

Today. My dad who lives on the other side of the world has been to visit for the first time in 4 years. He finally met his two grandchildren and spent some real time with us. Today he goes home and it just made me so sad that he isn't going to be a part of my children's lives. We can video call but it isn't the same, and although I'm now in my 30s I've missed him and the feeling of having a parent, he was here for such a short time and now he's gone again. I just feel very sad and I feel like I am on my own.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
A video from the One Love Manchester concert just appeared on Twitter and it put a real heavy lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

I can't beleive it's been 5 years (almost to the minute) that 22 lives were so cruelly taken away. I remember driving to the train station the following morning and you could hear the presenters on the radio were so upset by what had happened, they could barely talk without getting upset. There was a very sombre mood on the train too that morning.
🐝 ❤

• Sad
I cried this evening because I feel like I barely recognise my husband at the moment. He’s started drinking more and it’s so shocking to me as he’s never really been a big drinker. He’s also horrible when he’s drunk, argumentative and loud. I grew up with alcoholics and it’s so triggering to me and he knows it. I feel sad about it and worried, if he carried on this way I would have to leave him and it’s frightening.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
A video from the One Love Manchester concert just appeared on Twitter and it put a real heavy lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

I can't beleive it's been 5 years (almost to the minute) that 22 lives were so cruelly taken away. I remember driving to the train station the following morning and you could hear the presenters on the radio were so upset by what had happened, they could barely talk without getting upset. There was a very sombre mood on the train too that morning.
🐝 ❤
Miley and Ariana get me every time. Big ugly crying 🐝 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This morning. A friend lost a family member very suddenly earlier in the week. This morning my Mum phoned me to tell me my cousin has passed away very suddenly over night :( It's all such a shock

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This morning. A friend lost a family member very suddenly earlier in the week. This morning my Mum phoned me to tell me my cousin has passed away very suddenly over night :( It's all such a shock
I'm so so sorry to hear this. 😔

• Heart
I am really sorry for your loss.

Came on this thread about to post a similar post. My dad unexpectedly died 5 months ago exactly today and Friday / Saturday were very emotional for me. I spent two days crying and stayed at home all weekend (highly unlike me).

Grief processing is not a straight road. You will have good days and bad days. Just when I think I'm feeling better, I get hit with a wave of emotions mixed with anxiety out of the blue. I've now just learned to simply accept my emotions and let them flow instead of trying to rationalize them.

It is odd for me to see that right when things re-opened and we were supposedly meant to go back to normal after COVID, my dad died and now people are all back to "normal" while I'm here processing two years of lockdown which ended with the death of my dad. Although he didn't die of COVID, I feel it is unfair people get to now wander and enjoy life care-free meanwhile I feel I'm dealing with his death. I'm hating seeing people acting carefree and happy outside to be honest.

I'm sending my prayers and thoughts to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I cried over a film. It was Tom Hanks in "Cast Away" at the end when he meets up with his partner after 4 years but she has married and has a child. The love and sadness I felt as he drove away 😢 the sadness is with me today and the music just makes me worse..sounds silly but it just got me...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.