When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cried today: watching old coronation st. does anyone remember when hailey took her own life because of cancer? My grandad did the same thing a year and a half ago… it breaks my heart sometimes but I know he didn’t want to suffer 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Today - I miss my Dad - it seems ages since I saw him, had a conversation, laughed with him. Grief doesn’t get any easier. Life is so unfair. I also hate all the Father’s Day stuff in the shops which keeps making me tearful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just now, my daughter has just has the worst night terrors she has ever had. Absolutely horrific going on for about 45 minutes. Its scary because she can't see me she doesn't know I'm there trying to help her and comfort her and I just feel so helpless. Blood curdling screams for 45 minutes straight, thrashing around not seeing what she's doing, me just trying to stop her from getting hurt. Its awful, I wish I knew a way to stop her from getting them.

Shes back asleep now as if nothing happened but it allways takes me a while to get over them. I know she won't remember it in the morning but makes me sob everytime.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Just now, my daughter has just has the worst night terrors she has ever had. Absolutely horrific going on for about 45 minutes. Its scary because she can't see me she doesn't know I'm there trying to help her and comfort her and I just feel so helpless. Blood curdling screams for 45 minutes straight, thrashing around not seeing what she's doing, me just trying to stop her from getting hurt. Its awful, I wish I knew a way to stop her from getting them.

Shes back asleep now as if nothing happened but it allways takes me a while to get over them. I know she won't remember it in the morning but makes me sob everytime.
I had this with my little girl I think around age 2/3. She hit 4 and they stopped completely so hang on in there. I just think their little brains are developing so much, lots to process. The only thing that would settle mine was the smell of her fave teddy, sounds like you did great settling her. I know what you mean about the feeling lingering xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
5 minutes ago because of my partner, I'm packing for a holiday for us and the kids he's just lying about and I am stressed to the maximum. 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This afternoon. My husband was having a rant and I just had to get away. I went walked down to the beach and just sat in the rain crying.

• Heart
I cried today as hubby working away in Hungary, I have been responding to his text messages but they have not been getting to him. Didn't realise it untill text 'are you still there, do you still care?' I tried ringing him this morning but just got a recorded message in Hungarian (sounded angry) followed by calmer English recorded message saying could not connect! I tried many times. He has worked there loads and I have never not been able to contact him. I was quite upset arriving at work today. A colleague suggested WhatsApp (he is on WhatsApp for a church group) so I tried to contact him on that platform ( one grey tick to say sent but not a 2nd to say received). I can't contact him and he thinks I don't care. I do care and this is upsetting me!!

• Heart
Today, finally trying to get some help after 2 decades of depression and it just seems like nothing is working. Can't get the medication right and just feel like I'm in a black hole sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sad films seem to be a trigger don't they? I am a very infrequent crier no matter what else is going on but cried my eyes out just now at the end of a film

Reactions: 2
This morning as I found out a friend has been saying hurtful things about me

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This morning cos I’ve had a headache for three days and I can’t remember the last time I was happy

• Heart
  • Sad
Today - I miss my Dad - it seems ages since I saw him, had a conversation, laughed with him. Grief doesn’t get any easier. Life is so unfair. I also hate all the Father’s Day stuff in the shops which keeps making me tearful.
It’s the gut punch that gets you every so often when the enormity of the loss hits, isn’t it?
I cried my eyes out at a gig last night at a song that just destroyed me because it brought home how much I miss my Dad.
Life just feels completely rubbish at times - Tattle is one of my few distractions and I’m grateful for that.
Big hugs to you x

• Heart
I had this with my little girl I think around age 2/3. She hit 4 and they stopped completely so hang on in there. I just think their little brains are developing so much, lots to process. The only thing that would settle mine was the smell of her fave teddy, sounds like you did great settling her. I know what you mean about the feeling lingering xx
I second this. My son used to take them frequently and it was just awful, you feel so helpless. He’s nearly 5 now and rarely has them these days so hopefully it’ll get easier with time for you, OP xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
5 minutes ago because of my partner, I'm packing for a holiday for us and the kids he's just lying about and I am stressed to the maximum. 🙃
Tell him to get off his butt! I mean, not now obviously, as the moment has passed. But in future if you are running around like a blue arsed fly while he lazes about, give him a task!

It’s the gut punch that gets you every so often when the enormity of the loss hits, isn’t it?
I cried my eyes out at a gig last night at a song that just destroyed me because it brought home how much I miss my Dad.
Life just feels completely rubbish at times - Tattle is one of my few distractions and I’m grateful for that.
Big hugs to you x
Sending you lots of love @fusspot. Sorry you were so sad about your Dad last night and take it easy over the next week. You described it perfectly. It is a gut punch and if I see another Moonpig advert about next week I am going to scream. It’s so hard - I can’t believe this is the reality. And everything feels a bit greyer.
Yes - Tattle is a distraction. I am so grateful for this space.

• Heart
My lovely Aunty passed away unexpectedly and I cannot stop thinking about her and her children/grandchildren she has left behind. Her laugh, her smile, how she always made me feel so important and welcome, how much she adored family and how much I want to pass that on my future children and grandchildren. She will truly leave a huge mark on my life.

• Heart
This morning, I had a proper breakdown because I've got absolutely no self confidence. I am so insecure about how I look. The things I hate most are my double chin and my belly. No matter what I wear I feel like my belly is always the most obvious thing, it just sticks out and looks awful. I have tried and tried so many things to lose weight, intermittent fasting, calorie counting (but I was struggling with finding time to weigh all my food out to work calories etc), shake diets - you name it I can bet you I've tried it. I get a good amount of exercise, I go on two long walks a day with my dog, I use a weighted hula hoop twice a day everyday, I do youtube workout videos. I really struggle with my weight. It's getting me down so much. This morning I was having a full on melt down in my dressing room, clothes everywhere, hysterically crying because I just hate how I look. My boyfriend was so lovely, trying to reassure me, telling me I look lovely and nobody else sees me the way I see myself but it doens't make me feel any better. I really struggle to talk about my weight issues with people around me because I always feel like they think I'm just fishing for compliments, but I'm honestly not. I hate anyone commenting on my appearance, even if they're being complimentary. I've spiralled with my confidence issues before and ended up starving myself or going the opposite way and binging then making myself sick so I don't put on any weight. Realistically I know neither of those things work but I just feel so miserable I lose control and do stupid things in a desperate attempt to feel like I look better. I'm really struggling at the moment and I'm trying so hard to stop obsessing over it but it's consuming my life. I get changed on average at least 3 times every single day because I'll catch myself in the mirror and notice my belly or something and feel like I can't stay in that outfit because I look fat and disgusting. It's literally taking over :(

I'm sorry I know this was long so thank you if you got all the way through. I just needed to get it out somewhere as I really don't have anyone to talk to.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
This morning, I had a proper breakdown because I've got absolutely no self confidence. I am so insecure about how I look. The things I hate most are my double chin and my belly. No matter what I wear I feel like my belly is always the most obvious thing, it just sticks out and looks awful. I have tried and tried so many things to lose weight, intermittent fasting, calorie counting (but I was struggling with finding time to weigh all my food out to work calories etc), shake diets - you name it I can bet you I've tried it. I get a good amount of exercise, I go on two long walks a day with my dog, I use a weighted hula hoop twice a day everyday, I do youtube workout videos. I really struggle with my weight. It's getting me down so much. This morning I was having a full on melt down in my dressing room, clothes everywhere, hysterically crying because I just hate how I look. My boyfriend was so lovely, trying to reassure me, telling me I look lovely and nobody else sees me the way I see myself but it doens't make me feel any better. I really struggle to talk about my weight issues with people around me because I always feel like they think I'm just fishing for compliments, but I'm honestly not. I hate anyone commenting on my appearance, even if they're being complimentary. I've spiralled with my confidence issues before and ended up starving myself or going the opposite way and binging then making myself sick so I don't put on any weight. Realistically I know neither of those things work but I just feel so miserable I lose control and do stupid things in a desperate attempt to feel like I look better. I'm really struggling at the moment and I'm trying so hard to stop obsessing over it but it's consuming my life. I get changed on average at least 3 times every single day because I'll catch myself in the mirror and notice my belly or something and feel like I can't stay in that outfit because I look fat and disgusting. It's literally taking over :(

I'm sorry I know this was long so thank you if you got all the way through. I just needed to get it out somewhere as I really don't have anyone to talk to.
I honestly could have wrote that myself tbh.
everything I do basically goes back to my weight, it determines absolutely everything in my life. I’m trying so hard to shift it, getting upset at everything.
my partner wanted me to sit on his knee yesterday and have cuddles but that make me breakdown because I don’t want to actually crush him.
I don’t clothes shop anymore, I don’t try anything on, I just tell my partner to buy me plain black tops, hoodies and jeans and that’s my whole wardrobe.
I booked to go to a theatre show in November, and I’m front row, and at the end of the show, everyone gets up and has abit of a dance and party to the last song of the night, and I’m honestly considering cancelling because I’ll look god damn disgusting, and being front row everyone will see.
I’ve even looked into weight loss injections, but they are so expensive per one it’s just not possible to me, I want to start swimming but the idea of being in a swim suit and being around people that can see me makes me physically want to be sick.

I just wanted you to know, you are never ever alone in what you think. And I’m here for you, I see you, and I understand everything that your thinking xoxoxox

sending you love xoxo

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.