When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday morning. I’ve been through so many events over the last two years but won’t detail here to drag everyone down. Events this week feel small in the grand scheme of things but I really felt my knees give in and that I was giving up entirely.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just now when I came home from mum's. She ripped into me saying I interfere too much, she doesn't want me coming round everyday, she's perfectly capable. She has dementia and I am supporting her to stay at home. I love her very much.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Yesterday during a team meeting (on mute). My mental health has suffered thanks to work this week and they were banging on about the importance of mental health and it felt a bit hollow.
But. I did speak to someone today and some stuff has shifted off my plate. So fingers crossed there’s some improvement.

• Heart
I am in the same situation - my dad passed away in July, and as much as 2021 was the worst year of my life, it was at least a year that he was part of
Same for me - I can't bear the thought of a whole new year without my dad. Just feels so wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yesterday during a team meeting (on mute). My mental health has suffered thanks to work this week and they were banging on about the importance of mental health and it felt a bit hollow.
But. I did speak to someone today and some stuff has shifted off my plate. So fingers crossed there’s some improvement.
good for you. i almost wrote off my work’s focus on wellness as toxic positivity given the workload. but i’ve taken control of my time and energy on the basis of ‘prioritising my wellbeing’. can’t imagine it would be an issue…

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Last night. Im really struggling with my baby at the moment, she’s being really difficult. She finally went to sleep and I cried because i feel like im being a bad mum as im getting so frustrated with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Last night. Im really struggling with my baby at the moment, she’s being really difficult. She finally went to sleep and I cried because i feel like im being a bad mum as im getting so frustrated with her.
You’re definitely not a bad mum, the fact that you cried about being a bad mum shows tha

It’s completely normal to have really tough times and doubt your parenting. I always have mum guilt at the end of the day when i’ve had a tough day because i know she is just being a child but i do lose my tit quite easily.

Do the little things for yourself that make you feel better and in turn you will find it easier to deal with the hard parts of parenting

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hopefully, she just needs some rest and will be home with you all soon xx
Thank you. ❤ it’s so strange that so totally anonymous post can make you smile and actually feel a bit better.

Trust me, we’ve all been there at some point and it definitely doesn’t make you a bad mother!
We all had our bad and “why the hell I even agreed to have kids” days but they all pass eventually! Don’t be so hard on yourself, you are doing a great job ❤ Bloody hard and exhausting job but so so great ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Earlier on today. I was tidying up and my laptop was playing my liked songs on Spotify. A few years ago me and one of my best friends went to Blackpool, I’d never been before and he drove me all the way there. It was a dead sunny day and we had a proper laugh. On the way back we went and got a McDonald’s. We parked up and were eating and Green Light by Lorde came on, it had only just come out and my mates like ‘I love this song’ and turns it up and we both start proper singing along. I never forgot that day. that was the last time I seen him, he died of cancer 4 years ago in March. Green Light by Lorde came on my shuffle while I was tidying up. I cried cos it reminded me of him, and how much I miss him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Today while shovelling a ton bag of top soil into some planters … somehow caught my hand between the stone planter and the shovel and broke my feckin finger 😭😳. It was lashing it down with rain and I just sat on the ground sobbing like a baby.

Typical of me to do this sort of tit right before I go on holiday … I once broke my toe dashing to get out the door for a taxi to the airport 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 2
At 3.45 when my son woke up 😭 he’s been waking up around 4am for the last 6 weeks and it’s really getting difficult. My husband is away just now so I’m on my own and I’m just knackered all the time. I was so annoyed this morning and then cried because I felt guilty.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This morning, because I’m sick of my life and I wish I didn’t exist anymore.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Last night ,discussing my bipolar with my partner because it literally feels like I getting nowhere ,it’s just an endless cycle and I know he’s sick of me .I’m also so so tired ,me and my children and are all ill with bad colds and no one is sleeping .
I’ll put the violin away now

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
had a little cry a few minutes ago - found out a person who used to be my boss died :( he was the best boss and overall an amazing man. he was young and healthy and i feel so sad for his family :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just now. I am so anxious all the time and I can't explain why. I'm fed up of feeling like this and I've got nobody to talk to, it's lonely being stuck inside your own mind.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.