What's your hobby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have recently got into baking (especially banana bread!). I also like running- I did the couch to 5k programme and now training to do 10k. Thinking of joining the local gym so I have more options of sports, it also means I won't be able to keep using the weather as an excuse to not exercise!
Oh and I also like colouring :D.

Reactions: 2
Perhaps avoid using the word ‘hobby’ and look at it more as down-time? I specifically set aside time on a Saturday to completely chill out after a relentless week in work. I call it “Bath, Brew, Deliveroo”. I pop fresh bedding on while my bath is running, then have a pot of tea in the bath with Netflix/ a book and a mud mask, usually around 11am. Then I order something indulgent for lunch that I wouldn’t normally make for myself and eat that on my bed while watching a film. It’s simple but I get so giddy thinking about it come Wednesdays. Any stress and anxiety built up during the week doesn’t get a look in just for that lovely few hours. Not a ‘hobby’ per se, but my own tradition that I like sticking to. It’s not the law that ‘hobbies’ must be active🤷🏼‍♀️ And no, I don’t have children and I appreciate it 100% that I’m able to do this 😂
This sounds dreamy... exactly what Saturdays are for ...

I have recently got into baking (especially banana bread!). I also like running- I did the couch to 5k programme and now training to do 10k. Thinking of joining the local gym so I have more options of sports, it also means I won't be able to keep using the weather as an excuse to not exercise!
Oh and I also like colouring :D.
Try the different banana Bread versions in the Simply Recipe site. I make the basic version and also sometimes add cacao powder to it. I also make the banana muffin recipe.

Reactions: 1
I go to the gym three time a week, I've started learning french on my train home from work.

I also knit and craft but I've lost my umph for it at the moment. I'm determined to learn to crochet.

I'm also keen to get more into my gardening but the weather had just been rubbish.

I also enjoy selling on eBay and shopping.

My Saturday afternoon pottery class are my big hobby. I also like to read, play videos games and watch films. I flit between yoga and the gym but I just really hate exercising, can't find anything I truly love :( Also trying to get more into photography and painting, and back to drawing which I used to do

Perhaps avoid using the word ‘hobby’ and look at it more as down-time? I specifically set aside time on a Saturday to completely chill out after a relentless week in work. I call it “Bath, Brew, Deliveroo”. I pop fresh bedding on while my bath is running, then have a pot of tea in the bath with Netflix/ a book and a mud mask, usually around 11am. Then I order something indulgent for lunch that I wouldn’t normally make for myself and eat that on my bed while watching a film. It’s simple but I get so giddy thinking about it come Wednesdays. Any stress and anxiety built up during the week doesn’t get a look in just for that lovely few hours. Not a ‘hobby’ per se, but my own tradition that I like sticking to. It’s not the law that ‘hobbies’ must be active🤷🏼‍♀️ And no, I don’t have children and I appreciate it 100% that I’m able to do this 😂
Can i ask - do you have children? This all sounds like my literal idea of heaven but i know it would be completely ruined by children coming into the bathroom, eating my deliveroo, speaking to me during the relaxation time.
P.S. i love your name for it 'bath, brew and deliveroo' - you should be in marketing !

Can i ask - do you have children? This all sounds like my literal idea of heaven but i know it would be completely ruined by children coming into the bathroom, eating my deliveroo, speaking to me during the relaxation time.
P.S. i love your name for it 'bath, brew and deliveroo' - you should be in marketing !
she says in her last sentence that she does not have children. But I agree it sounds like heaven.

Not sure if it counts as a hobby but I volunteer at the blue cross on a Sunday - so my hobby is cuddling cute cats 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I go to the gym three time a week, I've started learning french on my train home from work.

I also knit and craft but I've lost my umph for it at the moment. I'm determined to learn to crochet.

I'm also keen to get more into my gardening but the weather had just been rubbish.

I also enjoy selling on eBay and shopping.
Crochet is the best. Very easy to learn. I learnt using youtube and now have about 15 blankets in progress :)
love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My main hobby is genealogy. I love finding out about my ancestors and the DNA tests have taken it to a whole new level.

Punch needling is my main hobby.

*also dabble with my sewing machine,make things out of clay and make rope rainbows*

Reading and learning irish

My main hobby is genealogy. I love finding out about my ancestors and the DNA tests have taken it to a whole new level.
My dad has done both his and my mums family trees going way back. Lots of research online and at libraries/record offices. He even got in touch with some distant family and has met them

Reading and learning irish

My dad has done both his and my mums family trees going way back. Lots of research online and at libraries/record offices. He even got in touch with some distant family and has met them
Have your parents done the dna tests? If not, be warned it might unearth some skeletons!