What's your hobby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gym, triathlon, running but I love walking my dog the most #saddo I also watch soooo much tv

Reactions: 2
I go to Zumba, in the spring and summer time I go for bikes rides and I read every day on the lunch break at work.

Reactions: 1
I've posted earlier about my lack of distinct hobbies (other than walking the dog) - the thing is, I'm dipping my toe into online dating and that really sheds light on this area - what the hell do I put down as my hobbies? 'I walk the dog and watch TV most nights'? doesn't sound v exciting does it? :ROFLMAO:

I don't know if they are hobbies, just things I enjoy doing or will come to when I have a spare 5 mins. Cooking, reading and yoga x

I enjoy cooking, watching movies, reading, singing (not in front of strangers though 😱) and photography

My wife knits tiny items for a premature baby charity , we have both had today off work and went shopping and a meal out.
I acquired a project to mess with in the workshop , the clock. The face and mechanics need attention.

I have a metal workers lathe , loads of classic vintage tools that I clean up and use , put them on a blokes forum where we look at each others tools : )
Wife has an electric sewing machine and vintage one , art set ,water colours arty whatsit stuff : )
20200214_194436.jpg
20200214_194605.jpg
20200214_194436.jpg

ghost hunting, reading and roller skating.
The ghost hunting sounds interesting , I have all of the ' Ghosts of the Isle of Wight' books.

Last edited:
I think a good way to know if you can classify something as a hobby, if you aren’t sure, is to ask yourself if you set time aside specifically for it.

I was talking about my lack of hobbies with my mate once and said I guess I liked riding my bike. She asked “yes but do you go out specifically to do that?” And I realised i almost never did for the sake of it, always because I needed to get somewhere. Sure it’s still an activity I enjoy or I’d get the bus... similarly you can enjoy reading on the train instead of looking at your phone , but if you only do it to pass time like that and never just for the sake of it at home, it’s less of a hobby. A bit harsh though, I’m sure there are plenty of exceptions, Like an exercise class is usually done for more reasons than pure pleasure, even if you really love zumba or whatever. But still it’s a guideline I refer to sometimes.

Reactions: 4
I make little ornaments from air drying clay it's so satisfying and very cheap , 1kg for £3 in wilko. I use my sewing machine now and then for projects around the house and when the kids need a costume making. I adore cross stitch, also recently done a few diamond paintings, very relaxing.

I enjoy baking and decorate occasion cakes for family and friends , they keep telling me to sell my cakes but I'm scared of the pressure of it needing to be perfect for paying customers 😆. Right now though my hobby is tattle 😍.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think a good way to know if you can classify something as a hobby, if you aren’t sure, is to ask yourself if you set time aside specifically for it.

I was talking about my lack of hobbies with my mate once and said I guess I liked riding my bike. She asked “yes but do you go out specifically to do that?” And I realised i almost never did for the sake of it, always because I needed to get somewhere. Sure it’s still an activity I enjoy or I’d get the bus... similarly you can enjoy reading on the train instead of looking at your phone , but if you only do it to pass time like that and never just for the sake of it at home, it’s less of a hobby. A bit harsh though, I’m sure there are plenty of exceptions, Like an exercise class is usually done for more reasons than pure pleasure, even if you really love zumba or whatever. But still it’s a guideline I refer to sometimes.
I set aside time for work and sleep. 😂

Kidding apart, not a bad tip :)

Reactions: 1