What's your hobby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember reading ages ago that a notorious murderer/rapist (golden state killer) was tracked down and imprisoned after many decades because family members of his did the genetic dna tests. The police or someone were using the free dna samples to work on cold cases. Creating a family tree with the dna they had from crime scenes and his relatives they tracked him down.

Reactions: 6
I go to the gym three time a week, I've started learning french on my train home from work.

I also knit and craft but I've lost my umph for it at the moment. I'm determined to learn to crochet.

I'm also keen to get more into my gardening but the weather had just been rubbish.

I also enjoy selling on eBay and shopping.
Sounds great!!
I started learning French too since i already have a background from school but I'm better at understanding than speaking rn, any tips to how to improve? (Speaking and writing)πŸ˜₯

Ive always loved seeing - dolls clothes for daughter, felt food for our play kitchen, plus felt face masks and finger puppets for the kids. Lockdown has seen me switching to making bags, masks and headbands (god I made a lot of headbands πŸ˜†). I’ve started down loom weaving now, which is a lovely hobby - except for the tin of wool I’ve purchased from Facebook marketplace πŸ˜†

Also love baking and crafting in general. Our house is full of lockdown creations πŸ˜†

Not exactly a hobby but I do pass my time watching old TV shows, bit of a collector, mainly old shows from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

My latest dvd's are the entire Star Trek Original Series with the CGI effects which I finally got round to buying, currently ripping them
so they can be playable on my Kindle Fire 8 inch tablet. I've done the same with many DVD's over the years.

i make my own jewellery, specifically bead weaving. With tiny little size 11 beads and lots of Swarovski crystals. My profil pic is o e of my boxes of beads and crystals. Learning new stitches to make different things, reading, I am football mad so always have a game on in the background, I have several diamond paining kits but yet to do one πŸ˜‚, I can knit, generally I do that in the winter, but it has to be Aran or Fair isle, nothing simple or I get bored and leave itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Photography, it’s always been a bit of an interest but now I try and make more time to learn, look for ideas, better family photos, ways of looking at stuff etc. Once you start watching YouTube tutorials it becomes really addictive and modern cameras aren’t that expensive these days, considering what they can do, and even mobile phone cameras are fantastic now.

Reactions: 1
My main hobby is genealogy. I love finding out about my ancestors and the DNA tests have taken it to a whole new level.
My husband loves genealogy and the DNA tests etc, very interesting. He found out he has Brummie roots which is funny as when he met me in Birmingham 20 years ago, he had no idea that he had ancestors in the area, being Welsh.

Sounds great!!
I started learning French too since i already have a background from school but I'm better at understanding than speaking rn, any tips to how to improve? (Speaking and writing)πŸ˜₯
The only real way to improve your speaking is to go there. I’m a French teacher and even with a degree I’m still better at listening than speaking. It’s a confidence thing too. For writing could you maybe look online for a pen pal or by now they must have email pals.

Reactions: 2
Pissing off my husband seems to be my main one at the moment. I'm a nightmare for starting something then getting bored quickly so I have a lot of unfinished hobbies. I'm looking at doing photography and I enjoy reading and walking. In normal times going to shows and musicals was a big favourite and gojng to gigs.

• Haha
Sounds great!!
I dont speak French but was in a similar situation a year ago about learning 2/3 of my home languages. I understood them perfectly but couldn't string a sentence together to save my life!

Youtube is a GREAT resource for languages. I used to write down all key words/sentences/words I needed in the moment but couldn't think of in my notes section on my phone to always refer too. I also started watching a lot of tv shows and movies in that language and that REALLY helped me.
Bit of a weird fact here but i used to converse with myself in the language, in my head. I started with generic conversations like asking how people are, how's the weather, where is this, how to get here etc and then moved along to more complicated stuff and eventually built up the courage to start talking to some of my family with phrases/sentences I learnt. It was a really fun learning experience. Try to talk to as many people as you can in the language and dont be afraid to use the wrong tenses, I still do that but at least my general query gets across 🀣 I feel like I'm semi fluent now as I can definitely hold a conversation, before I would stutter and break off in to English every chance I got.

I dont speak French but was in a similar situation a year ago about learning 2/3 of my home languages. I understood them perfectly but couldn't string a sentence together to save my life!

Youtube is a GREAT resource for languages. I used to write down all key words/sentences/words I needed in the moment but couldn't think of in my notes section on my phone to always refer too. I also started watching a lot of tv shows and movies in that language and that REALLY helped me.
Bit of a weird fact here but i used to converse with myself in the language, in my head. I started with generic conversations like asking how people are, how's the weather, where is this, how to get here etc and then moved along to more complicated stuff and eventually built up the courage to start talking to some of my family with phrases/sentences I learnt. It was a really fun learning experience. Try to talk to as many people as you can in the language and dont be afraid to use the wrong tenses, I still do that but at least my general query gets across 🀣 I feel like I'm semi fluent now as I can definitely hold a conversation, before I would stutter and break off in to English every chance I got.
Thanks for the encouragement 😊
Yea i think what i miss is a francophone πŸ˜… although just yesterday i texted an old friend who speaks French to catch up and probably ask her to help me🀭😏

Horses. Not just riding them just being around them in general. They are amazing πŸ’– once you have one you’ll wonder why you didn’t before In my opinion anyway

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the encouragement 😊
Yea i think what i miss is a francophone πŸ˜… although just yesterday i texted an old friend who speaks French to catch up and probably ask her to help me🀭😏
You could try and find a native French speaker to meet for conversation, unless that is what your friend is. I have British friends living in Europe who do that for the people in the same city who want to learn English.