What's your hobby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading and diamond painting. Used to do sequin art but found the pins hurt my thumb to much.

I haven't honestly had time for a hobby in about 20 years. I think that was the last time I played my piano, and my parents would be mortified as my subject was music. I love but get stressed out about novelty cakes, and tonight I have started work on my daughter's 18th cake and there has been a fair amount of colourful language.

Reactions: 2
My problem is not sticking with anything. So far, I've tried horse riding, classic and modern dancing, pole dancing, gym, zumba, yoga, hot yoga, pilates, tai-chi, running, rock climbing, bouldering, learning German, learning Russian, de coupage, krav maga.

There's probably more that I can't remember 🙄

I've started reading and journalling again.

My problem is not sticking with anything. So far, I've tried horse riding, classic and modern dancing, pole dancing, gym, zumba, yoga, hot yoga, pilates, tai-chi, running, rock climbing, bouldering, learning German, learning Russian, de coupage, krav maga.

There's probably more that I can't remember 🙄

I've started reading and journalling again.
That is quite a lot of things but hey at least you’re doing stuff. That’s tons better than wanting to and never really getting around to it / being bothered which i do. And hey you’re returning to things too. But also you could set targets to stick it out for, like when people give up on books too easily so they make sure to read at least 100 pages first. Sorry I know you didn’t ask for advice..but because im such a procrastinator, im impressed by anyone doing things !

In the past I used to do yoga and a tiny bit of life drawing. I’d love to get back to those. I’m also in a book club and have attended 1/4 sessions... definitely going to the next one tho...

I’m one of those people with no hobbies :LOL: I don’t think I do the stuff I do enough or with enough passion to be considered ‘hobbies’?

I half-arse languages on Duolingo, I like to cook but I wouldn’t qualify for masterchef, I used to read tons but I have no time anymore and have only read like one book in the past year (!).

I want to exercise more, I plan on starting a regular routine, maybe yoga? I’m trying to get back into books, joined the library recently too so it won’t be a financial strain. Might as well get more experimental with cooking too. I do like walks so hopefully the weather will improve soon

How do people with babies find time for hobbies? Mine doesn’t nap much but when she does I rush around doing chores or sit down with a cup of coffee and soak up the feeling of not having to do anything!

I read
also cross stitch-I buy the cheap stamped ones from wish then give them away
wanna learn how to knit & crochet too

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure I'd class anything I do as a hobby, per se, more pass-times. I read, sew costumes and cushion covers etc. I mostly take up new art/craft fads as I paint to earn a little cash. I've tried pyrography and woodwork. I like to upcycle and decorate with varying levels of success 😂 I flit a lot though but always come back to art and photography. I still begrudge classing these as a hobby though as they bring as much stress as they do relaxation.

I don't have a hobby :( I walk the dog and watch TV in my spare time.

• Heart
Great question! Out of all the things I do in my spare time (gym, Netflix etc) I’d class my hobbies as playing netball and colouring in (yes I’m one of those people 😂)

I can’t remember. I haven’t had a whole lot of free time since I started having children 5 years ago. 😳

I think I used to be partial to a good book...and cinema dates. I remember I used to have an unlimited card! Also went to fitness classes. I enjoy baking. I like to do that with the kids.

Nowadays I’m too tired in the evenings so either end up in bed or falling asleep in front of some TV show I’ve been binge watching. If I were given a day without the kids, I’d probably spend it catching up with housework. 🤷🏼‍♀️

My hobby is also my work. I love renovating property. I’m talking shitholes, ones that have been neglected for decades.
A recent one had no bathroom well there was a bath in the kitchen and the toilet was in the yard.
I get my hands dirty labouring painting decorating. It’s all consuming but so rewarding for me to see the building restored properly and not a cowboy job.

Reactions: 7
No one would ever class this as a hobby but for me it's going to work 🙈 I work part time so don't really see it as a job as I'm only thier a few hours a day.

I really need a hobby. I love walking the dog but that's more an enjoyable activity rather than a hobby. Now my kids are getting a bit older I have more time. I want something absorbing and ideally productive so I have something to show for it at the end but I'm not fussed on crochet or knitting.
I'm keeping an eye on this for ideas......

That is quite a lot of things but hey at least you’re doing stuff. That’s tons better than wanting to and never really getting around to it / being bothered which i do. And hey you’re returning to things too. But also you could set targets to stick it out for, like when people give up on books too easily so they make sure to read at least 100 pages first. Sorry I know you didn’t ask for advice..but because im such a procrastinator, im impressed by anyone doing things !

In the past I used to do yoga and a tiny bit of life drawing. I’d love to get back to those. I’m also in a book club and have attended 1/4 sessions... definitely going to the next one tho...
I did some of these things for 2-12 months if not more.

I've booked zumba and salsa. I've got yoga lined up too.

I'm planning few trips as well

Passions of mine are Running, horses and reading. First two have been on the back burner but my aim to to lose enough weight this year to enjoy both again!

I don't have a hobby :( I walk the dog and watch TV in my spare time.
That is pretty much what I do, especially in Winter time where it gets dark so early and I feel like I should go to bed at 8pm.

I used to craft quite a bit, I have a silhouette and a sewing machine but with work and the kids there is not that much time.

I never really considered watching Films a hobby but I guess it could be classes as one. I used to be huge into film and I've just started getting back into it again. When the kids are at their dads, I treat myself to a cinema trip. I find it really therapeutic.