Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
We have a Critcut 🙂

my hobbies are judging others and reading.
I can crochet but I don’t 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Katydoo

Perhaps avoid using the word ‘hobby’ and look at it more as down-time? I specifically set aside time on a Saturday to completely chill out after a relentless week in work. I call it “Bath, Brew, Deliveroo”. I pop fresh bedding on while my bath is running, then have a pot of tea in the bath with Netflix/ a book and a mud mask, usually around 11am. Then I order something indulgent for lunch that I wouldn’t normally make for myself and eat that on my bed while watching a film. It’s simple but I get so giddy thinking about it come Wednesdays. Any stress and anxiety built up during the week doesn’t get a look in just for that lovely few hours. Not a ‘hobby’ per se, but my own tradition that I like sticking to. It’s not the law that ‘hobbies’ must be active🤷🏼‍♀️ And no, I don’t have children and I appreciate it 100% that I’m able to do this 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Moe

VIP Member
My hobby is also my work. I love renovating property. I’m talking shitholes, ones that have been neglected for decades.
A recent one had no bathroom well there was a bath in the kitchen and the toilet was in the yard.
I get my hands dirty labouring painting decorating. It’s all consuming but so rewarding for me to see the building restored properly and not a cowboy job.

Reactions: 7

Anti-influencer

VIP Member
I took up oil painting! 🎨 I only really wanted something to take my mind off of a horrible home situation I was having but I ended up enjoying it so much that now people are asking me to paint things for them, so will have a bit of a second income soon 😃

Reactions: 7

Mitchymoo

I make little ornaments from air drying clay it's so satisfying and very cheap , 1kg for £3 in wilko. I use my sewing machine now and then for projects around the house and when the kids need a costume making. I adore cross stitch, also recently done a few diamond paintings, very relaxing.

I enjoy baking and decorate occasion cakes for family and friends , they keep telling me to sell my cakes but I'm scared of the pressure of it needing to be perfect for paying customers 😆. Right now though my hobby is tattle 😍.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I remember reading ages ago that a notorious murderer/rapist (golden state killer) was tracked down and imprisoned after many decades because family members of his did the genetic dna tests. The police or someone were using the free dna samples to work on cold cases. Creating a family tree with the dna they had from crime scenes and his relatives they tracked him down.

Trixabellee9393

Not sure if it counts as a hobby but I volunteer at the blue cross on a Sunday - so my hobby is cuddling cute cats 😂

• Heart

Grabbyduldrum

I paint rocks, then hide them for others to find when I’m out hiking which is another hobby. I used to make handmade cards previous to the rock painting👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Horatio

VIP Member
I think a good way to know if you can classify something as a hobby, if you aren’t sure, is to ask yourself if you set time aside specifically for it.

I was talking about my lack of hobbies with my mate once and said I guess I liked riding my bike. She asked “yes but do you go out specifically to do that?” And I realised i almost never did for the sake of it, always because I needed to get somewhere. Sure it’s still an activity I enjoy or I’d get the bus... similarly you can enjoy reading on the train instead of looking at your phone , but if you only do it to pass time like that and never just for the sake of it at home, it’s less of a hobby. A bit harsh though, I’m sure there are plenty of exceptions, Like an exercise class is usually done for more reasons than pure pleasure, even if you really love zumba or whatever. But still it’s a guideline I refer to sometimes.

Reactions: 4
I love jogging and listening to 80s music... Duran Duran... Wham.... Proclaimers...Aztec Camara... Cleaning, interior design... spinning.... swimming... listening to podcasts .....

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I don’t have an active ‘out’ sort of hobby. I love swimming but the place closest to me shut down :(
Mostly I write - fan fiction 😂 and I also write and draw in a journal. I find it really soothing and like all my thoughts are re organised at the end of the day so I sleep well and don’t over think.

(I really want to try ballet but, having cerebral palsy, I think I’ll find it difficult. There’s no classes local to me that take adults atm though. :()

BustySinclair

Chatty Member
My boyfriend got me a sewing machine for my birthday - I’d never touched one in my life but decided to learn! I make little bits and bobs with it which really passes the time!

i also cross stitch which I love 🙌🏻

• Heart

lizziew92

I bought a sewing machine just over 3 years ago and omg it’s the best £80 I’ve ever spent!

Massively into dressmaking, patchwork and quilting and making bags etc, and it’s so easy once you get the hang of it!

I also love cross stitch, reading, cooking, and I have an online spanish lesson once a week.

I go to the gym but I wouldn’t say I actually enjoy it so don’t think it really counts 🤣 this year I hope to get back into long distance running.

Reactions: 3
I go to the gym three time a week, I've started learning french on my train home from work.

I also knit and craft but I've lost my umph for it at the moment. I'm determined to learn to crochet.

I'm also keen to get more into my gardening but the weather had just been rubbish.

I also enjoy selling on eBay and shopping.
Crochet is the best. Very easy to learn. I learnt using youtube and now have about 15 blankets in progress :)
love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3