What's your hobby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gym, used to love ballet but school is too far away from me (I got fed up of the travelling) & I started scrapbooking last week & love it already!

Cleaning (proper cleaning not Hinching)
Organising
Making digital art pictures
Netflix
Cooking & Baking
Tattle

Reactions: 2
I took up oil painting! 🎨 I only really wanted something to take my mind off of a horrible home situation I was having but I ended up enjoying it so much that now people are asking me to paint things for them, so will have a bit of a second income soon 😃

Reactions: 7
I paint rocks, then hide them for others to find when I’m out hiking which is another hobby. I used to make handmade cards previous to the rock painting👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I bought a sewing machine just over 3 years ago and omg it’s the best £80 I’ve ever spent!

Massively into dressmaking, patchwork and quilting and making bags etc, and it’s so easy once you get the hang of it!

I also love cross stitch, reading, cooking, and I have an online spanish lesson once a week.

I go to the gym but I wouldn’t say I actually enjoy it so don’t think it really counts 🤣 this year I hope to get back into long distance running.

Reactions: 3
I love jogging and listening to 80s music... Duran Duran... Wham.... Proclaimers...Aztec Camara... Cleaning, interior design... spinning.... swimming... listening to podcasts .....

Reactions: 4
I exercise twice a week, read, jigsaw puzzles, audio books, listen to music, play piano, knit, crochet and I make my own gift tags and cards and bows using my Sizzix big shot cutting machine.

No wonder I'm always busy on top of work 😕

I read quite a lot - Books, not just tattle 🤣
I really want a useful hobby or side hustle! I know a lady who started sewing clothes and used that as a second income after she became really good at it. Also looking in to an eyelash extension course of some kind? Im not sure. I want a hobby that can turn in to a second income. Any suggestions are welcome x
What about nails? Things like acrylic nails or doing shellac manicures etc?

I play hockey. One night a week & Saturday morning. I've got an almost 2 year old & it gives me good headspace when I'm not mummy, something that's just for me.
For those asking about time, if you're passionate about something, you find the time. (Not trying to make anyone feel bad, just being honest!) I work full time too so life is pretty busy! My husband loves having his daddy-son time tho, so I don't feel guilty about it at all 😊

Perhaps avoid using the word ‘hobby’ and look at it more as down-time? I specifically set aside time on a Saturday to completely chill out after a relentless week in work. I call it “Bath, Brew, Deliveroo”. I pop fresh bedding on while my bath is running, then have a pot of tea in the bath with Netflix/ a book and a mud mask, usually around 11am. Then I order something indulgent for lunch that I wouldn’t normally make for myself and eat that on my bed while watching a film. It’s simple but I get so giddy thinking about it come Wednesdays. Any stress and anxiety built up during the week doesn’t get a look in just for that lovely few hours. Not a ‘hobby’ per se, but my own tradition that I like sticking to. It’s not the law that ‘hobbies’ must be active🤷🏼‍♀️ And no, I don’t have children and I appreciate it 100% that I’m able to do this 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do jigsaw puzzles/read/draw/sew

I’m really fun at parties

JK - I don’t go to parties 😁

Reactions: 1
I do karate and love going to the gym however I haven’t been for a while as I’m recovering from a broken foot 😔

Reactions: 1
I exercise twice a week, read, jigsaw puzzles, audio books, listen to music, play piano, knit, crochet and I make my own gift tags and cards and bows using my Sizzix big shot cutting machine.

No wonder I'm always busy on top of work 😕

What about nails? Things like acrylic nails or doing shellac manicures etc?
I tried to do a jigsaw once gave up after id done the edge :LOL: